Search for content in message boards

PARKER, HENRY---- LOUTH, LINCOLNSHIRE, ENGLAND

PARKER, HENRY---- LOUTH, LINCOLNSHIRE, ENGLAND

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PARKER
I first found my Henry Parker b 1797 on the 1850 census of Montrose, Lee Co. IA. USA. His daughter Sophie b 1830 was also on it. It showed both born England. They were not on an 1840 census anywhere in the US. I checked the 1841 census in England and found Henry Parker with daughter Sophie in Louth, Lincolnshire, England. Both their ages were right on. Also listed was wife Mary and an older daughter Hellen. Neither were on the 1850. Henry was listed as widower. OF note, is that Sophie's first and only daughter was named Hellen Angeline. FHC has birthdates that could be both Henry, Sophie's, and Hellen. Also of Henry's parents and brothers years. All born in Beckingham, Lincolnshire. The daughters both in Louth. So sometime after 1841 Henry left England, Mary died, Hellen either died or was married. Would anyone have any knowledge of this family of Parker?
Marilyn -- CONTACT Marmim0946@aol.com

Re: PARKER, HENRY---- LOUTH, LINCOLNSHIRE, ENGLAND

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 8:42AM GMT
Henry PARKER of Beckingham was still in that village in 1841, living next door to his father, so you can discount him from your speculation.

I agree that Sophia was baptised in Louth, but the only Helena I can find was in Moulton at the other end of the county (along with several other PARKER children).

For maps to find these villages see www.streetmap.co.uk

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 1:45PM GMT
Perhaps I should add that the IGI batch for Louth baptisms has none between 1781 and 1807 so your chap, even if he was born there, will not appear. Likewise, very few baptisms are given for the mid 1820s thus explaining why Helena's baptism does not show up.

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: PARKER
Thank you and back to the starting gate.

I do wonder if the Helena is Hellen. My GGGrandmother went by Ella and I don't see that coming from Hellen Angeline and I have seen her as Helena once before. There is also a Henry b 01-12-1825 Moulton. Parents Henry and Mary, Elizabeth b 28-10-1815 parents H and M. Seems to be to early for H and M to be having children.

There's just entirely to many Henry Parkers and Marys.
It was Ancestry, I believe, that tied all this together so someone has entered the wrong information.

Again Thank You
Marilyn

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Parker
By chance could I ask you to look at the 1841 census again for Henry. I've found a little blurb saying that the census has an area for the question of were you born in the county you live in now. I'm curious if it's there for Henry and if he did. I don't have access right now.

Thank You
Marilyn

Posted: 4 Nov 2007 9:11AM GMT
It says "Y" meaning, "Yes, he was born in Lincolnshire".

Posted: 5 Nov 2007 6:12PM GMT
Thank you

Marilyn

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 8:00AM GMT
I've just recently found a death for Hellen. She was listed as Ellen Parker and died in Nov 1849 in Montrose, Lee Co. IA. She died of Cholera. If only I could find them coming into the country to see if Mary also came and died. There must have been some relations back in Louth. There were several other Parkers there at that time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic