Search for content in message boards

Le Vert/Verdot/Faithfull

Le Vert/Verdot/Faithfull

Barbara Krusen (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Le Vert, Verdot, Faithfull
I am a desecendant of Francois Le Vert and Marguerite Verdot of France through their son Claude Le Vert of France and Virginia and his American born wife Ann Lea Metcalfe of Virginia and Alabama, USA. I am seeking information on Francois and Marguerite and the history and genealogy of the Le Vert family.

Francois and Marguerite Le Vert had a grandson (born about 1830-1840), Joseph Adolphe Le vert, who married Charlotte Hill Lucy Faithfull. They lived on hte Isle of Mann and had twin sons, Arthur Adolphus Leon Faithfull Le Vert and Edward Gaston Robert Faithfull Le Vert born 10 Oct 1860 and Christened at St. Thomas, Douglas.

Jos. A. Le Vert was nephew to my Claude Le Vert.

Is there anyone who can tell me anything of this Le Vert family and its origins? I would be happy to exchange info. I have quite a bit on the American half.

Re: Le Vert/Verdot/Faithfull

Posted: 21 Aug 2011 1:16AM GMT
I may have replied to this post. Hope you are still around and can contact one another. I am also a descendant of Francoise and Marguerite through Dr. Samuel Claudius Le Vert. I am looking for military records for "Lt. Claude Le Vert." I would love to find a marriage record for him and Ann Lea METCALFE. Joseph A. Le Vert married Lucy in 1841 so I am estimating his birth date at 1820. I think his father was Gaston Le Vert.

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 12:08PM GMT
Nannette,
You already have all of my information under my previous married name -Barbara Powers Krusen. I am Addleen Levert powers' daughter, Babs. my first husband,
David Edward Krusen,Jr.,died may 25, 2003.

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Le Vert
Hi Barbara. Are you on FACEBBOOK. I've set up a place on FB for the descendants of Dr. Samuel Claudius LeVert and am trying to get my own family to help do some research. I think I finally got a niece interested yesterday. LOL! The DAR is not recognizing Lt Claude Le Vert as a Revolutionary War Vet any more. Those who got into DAR earlier were allowed in using family tradition. Now we have to have some sort of Documentary proof of his service. I would specifically like to get into the Rochambeau Chapter http://www.rochambeau.darfrance.org/index/whoweare.php
Sorry to hear about your husband. Hope we can keep up. I am not in good health myself and it is hard to do genealogies any more because of forgetfulness and not being able to focus my attention on one subject.

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 12:01PM GMT
Surnames: Levert Verdot Metcalfe
Nannette,
I am on Facebook under Barbara Baxter. I bleive you also have my email address
cloudhorse1@yahoo.com.
I think everything will come to fruition. I love Ann and Claude and wish I knew them. They must have been remarkable people. I have not really concentrated on genealogy in a long time though I keep getting emails from people so it must be a sign I am supposed to continue. let us hope Ann and Claude 'speak' to us knowing we have been trying for many years to locate them.
More Later, Nannette. Thank-you for seeking me out.
Barbara
More later.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions