Search for content in message boards

Dresden Cemetery Phone Number?

Dresden Cemetery Phone Number?

Posted: 7 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Dalton
Dear Board,

I would like to search for an obit from 1939. The cemetery transcription only lists the year of death. Would like to call Dresden Cemetery to see if they have an internment date to narrow my search of newspaper obits from a whole year to a few days. I spent several minutes on the phone with Canadian info and we couldn't find a phone number. Can anyone help? Thank you. Michelle

Dresden Cemetery Phone Number

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Dalton
Hi Michelle,

Dresden is now part of The Municipality of Chatham-Kent. I found one number that said Cemeteries you might try it. (519)360-1998 The Cemeteries office is on the Creek Road, just off of Park Avenue East in Chatham, Ontario. You will see the OPP Station and the Creek Road is on the opposite side of Park Avenue East.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Carol

Dresden deaths

Kent OGS (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
I think the Dresden newspapers have been (or are being) indexed. Also Dresden area deaths frequently do appear in the daily newspapers (Chatham) which are indexed and may be consulted in a card file there.

Dresden cemetery phone No.

Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:02AM GMT
Hi Michelle,
I recently needed some information on a Dresden Cemetery burial and contacted a Ms. Morrison, Cemetery Clerk who was extremely helpful. Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Phone: (519) 352-7354 Fax: (519) 352-4241
Address: 25 Creek Road, RR #3 Chatham Ontario N7M 5J3

Ann

Dresden Newspapers

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: Lenover, Ingalls, Gadd
Hello Ann,
If any of these names appear in your editions I would appreciate any information you could forward. You are very generous to offer this help. Thanks so much.
My names are Lenover, Gadd, Ingalls.
Betty
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: badder, card, harett, morningstar
thanks so much for your response. that was very nice of you. greatly appreciated. take care, heather badder
Surnames: Badder
Hi Heather,
I went through the papers again looking for your names of interest, and came across a picture and article on Charles Badder and wife Nancy Ann, nee Ellis. I do not have a scanner to scan the article and picture but will type the article for you anyway and will try and find someone that will let me use their scanner at a later date. The article as follows: Under picture of Charles sitting, Nancy standing:
Many generations - Shown above are Charles Badder and his wife, Nancy Ann, nee Ellis, a couple whose descendents have almost become synonymous with the Wabash community. Charles Badder was born in 1838, four years after his parents, William and Hanah Badder emigrated from England. Charles and Nancy were married in 1857 and operated a store and post office at Grove Mills, along the Sydenham River, on property now owned by a great grandson, Vernon Badder. When Charles and Nancy were married, the property was owned by her father Samuel Ellis. Charles and Nancy later farmed at Grove Mills. on the farm now owned by another great grandson, Orlo Badder. Charles Badder was the first pastor of the R.L.D Church in Wabash, and he served in this capacity from 1877 to 1883 and again from 1898 to 1906. They later moved to Dresden, where both died in 1913. They had three children: one son John W. Badder was reeve of Camden in 1907 and a great grandson, C. Wesley Badder was reeve from 1937 to 1942.
Photo courtesy Mrs. Vernon Badder.

Hope this is of interest to you. I was pleased to find something for you.
I will keep looking and will try and get the photo off to you in the future. The dress looks like the 1880's to me.

dresden newspapers

Edited: 21 Oct 2001 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: badder, card, harrett, morningstar
hi there, i would love anything you happen to stumble across for the surnames i have listed but especially BADDER. thanks so much, heather

Old Dresden newspapers

Hi
I have just been going through some centennial editions of the North Kent Leader (Dresden) newspaper from June of 1982.
In it are many stories of Dresden people from 1882-1982.
If any one is interested in my looking for information of specific people, I will be glad to do so.
Ann

Dresden Newspapers

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:43PM GMT
Thanks so much for your help Ann. Wouldn't it be great if somebody published those 100 pages as a book? Betty.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions