Search for content in message boards

Trying to Identify Intersection in Photo

Trying to Identify Intersection in Photo

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boatwright, Boatright
My father had a small photography business for a while in the late 40s/early 50s in Eldorado. I found a photo among some of his other photos from that time period of an intersection I am trying to identify. My first thought would be Eldorado, but it could be Harrisburg. No street signs appear in the photo. The prominent feature is a Texaco station, situated diagonally on the corner lot. Across the street is Stricklin Studio (currently communicating with relatives of this family also), a building with the name PUTNAM on the front, an R&K Food Market, and on the same side of the street as the Texaco, a Hausser's Ready-to-Wear. Anyone remember an intersection like this?

Re: Trying to Identify Intersection in Photo

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 10:39AM GMT
I will ask my dad and get back to you...

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 5:25PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 5:26PM GMT
Thank you...it has been identified as the intersection of 4th and Locust in Eldorado, IL.

Posted: 7 Nov 2013 10:08PM GMT
If you post this on the Eldorado or Harrisburg Facebook I am sure those people could probably tell you too.

Posted: 8 Nov 2013 12:44AM GMT
Thank you....we did find out the location. It was taken from the second floor of the Flat Iron building, looking down on 4th and Locust in Eldorado. The Flat Iron building and the Texaco station have both since been demolished.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions