Search for content in message boards

Wade Cemetery

Wade Cemetery

Posted: 30 May 2011 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 May 2011 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Pierce, Richburg, Richbourg
Does this cemetery have a new name? Mary Malinda Pierce Richburg or Richbourg, born 1831, Mississippi, (Mrs John Wesley Richbourg) was buried Wade Cemetery 1921, from her death certificate--Undertaker was in Luling, Caldwell, Texas. I see her husband died 1911 in Guadalupe Co, TX, so maybe it is the Wade Cemetery in Guadalupe Co, TX? [though they are not listed in it] Thank you!

Re: Wade Cemetery

Posted: 31 May 2011 3:45PM GMT
For cemeteries under geonames GNIS website it list Wade in Gonzales County in 1979. Will check cemeteries on Gonzales TXGEN website and see if there is anything there. Hope this link shows.

http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gazpublic/getgooglemap?p_lat=29...

Posted: 31 May 2011 4:13PM GMT
I also found a Wade Cemetery in Guadalupe County, does not show a listing for the person you are search, list may not be complete.

http://www.txgenweb2.org/txguadalupe/cem/wadecem/wade.html

Posted: 2 Jun 2011 11:14AM GMT
Surnames: Richbourg, Richburg, Pierce
Thank you so much for all your help. I am beginning to believe that both John Wesley Richbourg and Mary Melinda Pierce Richbourg are probably buried in the Wade Cemetery in Guadalupe County, Texas even though they are not listed.

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 3:13AM GMT
Who were Mary Melinda Pierce Richbourg's parents?

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 9:24AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2011 9:25AM GMT
Surnames: Richbourg, Richburg, Pierce, Pearce
1850 Census Monroe Co, Mississippi shows John W (22) and Mary Pierce (18) Richbourg or Richburg living with her presumed parents Joseph (35) and Lydia (40) Pearce, though Joseph's age seems off. For better ages for Joseph Pierce or Pearce, see 1860 Gonzales Co, TX Census Jos (50) & Lydia (51) "Purce" and also 1870 Census Gonzales Co, TX Joseph (58) and "Lilia" (60) Pearce.

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 1:24PM GMT
Yes, I thought that was who I had assumed she was the daughter of.
The Gonzales genweb.org site is being renovated. Many of the cemeteries are not listed right now.
This family lived close to the Sebastian Huber family. Some of this family is buried on private property that is owned by the Wade family of Luling. There are actually two cemeteries that site side by side; one is old anglo burials, the other is african american. The african american cemetery is still used. The Wade family keeps both cemeteries clean.
I have seen the anglo cemetery referred to as "Harris Chapel" cemetery in various posts.
In appr.1881 ( it has been a long time since I looked at deeds), Gonzales Co., TX. Joseph Pierce donated 5 acres to Gonzales Co for a school/church and cemetery. The cemetery as on property that my great-grandfather once owned. I posted the few tombstones that were left on the usgenweb site. At one time the cemetery was huge, but abt 30 years ago, the landowner of that time bulldozed a huge part of it.It is thought that George Daniel, who married another daughter of Joseph and Lydia, could have been buried there.
Here is a link to the pics-
http://www.usgwtombstones.org/texas/gonzales/pearce.html

She was Buried Wade Cemetery, Gonzales Co., TX

Posted: 4 Jun 2011 9:41PM GMT
I looked at the confederate pension files. It says she was buried in the Wade Cemetery, Gonzales Co. It is very close to where their land was.
I attached the page for you.
Attachments:

Re: She was Buried Wade Cemetery, Gonzales Co., TX

Posted: 5 Jun 2011 8:48AM GMT
Surnames: Pierce, Richbourg, Richburg
Wow! I am blown away. I never thought I would find where Mary Malinda Pierce Richbourg was buried. I can't thank you enough for this great source! Diane

Posted: 5 Jun 2011 9:34AM GMT
Surnames: Pierce
Just found this about the Pierces in the Wade Cemetery.
Thanks so much for sending the pictures and data & link.
Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions