Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of Antonio Paulino Coy

Looking for descendants of Antonio Paulino Coy

Posted: 31 Mar 2003 12:17PM GMT
I live in Bexar County and I am looking for anyone related to Antonio Paulino Coy who passed away in Cameron County on Dec. 10, 1908 on the Saltiollo(?) Ranch. Paulino was born in San Antonio and lived in Corpus Christi before moving to Cameron County. Please contact me.

Re: Looking for descendants of Antonio Paulino Coy

al gomez (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendant of Paulino Coy. He was my great-grandfather. He was married to Maria Rita Esparza. They had four children. One of which is my grandmother. She was Maria Esparza Coy and was married to Alfonso Gomez. Paulino Coy is buried in the Esparza Cemetery in El Ranchito, Cameron Co., Tx.. I hope this helps you? Why are you looking for his descendants?

Alejandro Martinez (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2003 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: Coy, Vara, Perez
Al, I am also looking for information on Paulino Coy. My interest is to try to build a family tree of the Coy family. I have reason to believe (Antonio) Paulino Coy was the son of Trinidad Coy, living in Karnes county around 1880 in the Coy City area. Some of my cousins married into the Coy family . Also, Trinidad Coy's wife, Maria Refugia Vara, may have been a sister (or close relative) of my greatgrandmother, Maria de Jesus Vara of Wilson county. I am also interested in Antonio Coy, brother of Trinidad Coy (b around 1799.) in Mexico?
Any information would be appreciated.

Alejandro Martinez (amart2@prodigy.net)

Posted: 22 Jun 2004 6:11PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2004 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Coy, Vara
If your Maria de Jesus Vara was married (Aug. 3, 1847) to Jose de Jesus Hernandez, then yes, she is the sister of Refugio (with an o) Vara. Hope this helps you with your search.

Alex Martinez (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2004 7:22PM GMT
Robert,
Thanks for the info. I don't know if Maria de Jesus Vara was married to Jose de Jesus Hernandez in 1847, but in the wilson county census her (future?) mother in law Maria de los Santos Tejeda was living in a household with Loreta Hernandez and also a Robalin family. Maria de Jesus Vara was not listed. Maria de Jesus Vara is listed as the wife of Severiano Tejeda in 1870 Census. she was 28 (born in 1842?)and he was 30.
Where night this information with Jose de Jesus Hernandez be found . I would be interested in finding anything else out.

Thanks for any info,
Alex

Posted: 23 Jun 2004 11:01AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2004 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Coy, Vara
It is becoming apparent that Maria de Jesus Vara, wife of Jose de Jesus Hernandez may be the same name you are looking for but she is of a different generation. From the response you sent to me, I was able to find for you, in the "Marriages of 1854-1916 of Graytown Church located in Graytown, Tx" as published by the Los Bexarenos Genealogy Society, a marriage entry that reads "On April 27, 1868, I married Severiano Tejeda, son of Ygnacio Tejeda and of Antonia del Rio with Jesusa Vara, daughter of Ramon Vara and Estefana Rodriguez. Godparents were Pedro Garcia and Mariana Gutierres." If you are interested in purchasing this book, it is available at the Borderlands Book Store located at Evers & Callaghan in San Antonio.

Alex Martinez (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2004 2:30PM GMT
Thanks for the information, Robert. Yes I think the Bexareno book will help me. This puts me in a bit of a quandry. You see, Severiano Tejeda (my maternal great grandfather) did marry Maria de Jesus (Jesusa) Vara on April 27, 1868 in Graytown. She had been married to (or had children by) Alvino Pacheco in 1857/58(Geronimo and Melchor Pacheco). Traditional family history has it that Severiano Tejeda was an illegimate child of my great great grandmother, Maria de los Santos Tejeda and a man named Perez and that Severiano took on the Tejeda surname of his mother when Perez would not marry her.
Thank you for your help. I have purchased books from borderlands before and it seems I may have to get at least one more. Thanks again.
Alex

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 6:07PM GMT
Al,

About 12 years ago, a couple of us formed the "Coy Family Descendants" here in San Antonio, TExas. We are looking to establish contact with a Coy family member in the Brownsville area. Reason is that a number of us are going down there for a conference in October, 2012 and we would like to visit the grave site for Paulino and his wife Rita and frankly any of the children who may be buried nearby. I do remember previously making contact with a Coy descendant and I think his first name was Ramon and he was in the real estate business in the Brownsville/Padre Island areas. Do you know who I'm speaking of? Or perhaps you would be willing to be our contact person down there? Let me know.

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 6:49PM GMT
The cemetery is Esparza Family Cemetery in El Ranchito, north of Brownswille on highway 281. Please contact me via my email for a contact person.
thank you
saintsmo

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 6:50PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic