Search for content in message boards

Thomas Capps born 1740

Thomas Capps born 1740

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I need to know where this Thomas Capps is buried at and who he married. He was born about 1740. He children are: William Capps, Jenny Capps, Polly Capps, Pheby Capps, Annie Capps, Jemima Capps, Jacob Capps, Sampson Capps and Willis Capps. My aunt thought That Sampson Capps was my great-great-great grandfather, William Capps b 1800-1810, but when I looked at their children, Sampson did not have a William Capps child and Jacob did. Anyway I need to find out where he was born and where he is buried. I need ANY info on this guy.
Thank You,
Sue V.

Re: Thomas Capps born 1740

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2004 7:56PM GMT
Hi Sue,

According to my data, Sampson Capps did have a son named William (1802-1886).
Finding out who Thomas Capps married has been elusive it seems.
Is the William Capps b 1800-1810 you mentioned your GGGrandfather? If so, through what line are you connected?

Pam

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 8:29PM GMT
Pam,
This is what my aunt has:
William Ransom Capps b. Jan. 1830/ married Eliza Jane Jones b. Oct. 27, 1835. Both buried in Coker Cemetery in San Antonia, TX.
William Capps (the above William Capps's father) b. 1802 (findly found this on a web site). He was married to Margaret Peggy Yadon. He was born in Grainger Co., TN and died 1838 in Camden Co., MO.
Now I had did some series research for days and found out that Jacob Capps and Sarah Sanders had a William Capps, that I traced both of the William Capps that were born of the parents of Sampson Capps and Jacob Capps and the William Capps from Jacob Capps matched my William Capps. Now that I have traced it to Jacob Capps and his father beinging Thomas Capps b. 1740. Jacob was b. 1770 in North Carolina.
I have been trying to search to see if anyone might any info on him. Nothing! All they have is he beinging the father to all of these children. I am figuring that he must have been in North Carolina and I know that Jacob was in N. C. then moved to Tennessee later. Some of his, Jacob's, kids were born in Tennesse. Jacob was in Orange Co., N.C.
I hope that give you enough info. Let me know if you need any thing else.
Thank you for responding. This has been a real battle for me.
I feel lost without my aunt's books.
Sue V.

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 8:55PM GMT
Hi Sue,

The info you listed is also what I have. Let me clarify here. Both of Thomas' sons, Sampson & Jacob, had sons named William. Sampson's son William married Anna Cabbage abt 1825 in Grainger Co., TN.
Do you descend from Jacob's grandson William Ransom Capps? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Pam

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 9:07PM GMT
Pam,

That is correct. I am from Jacob's descendants. William Ransom Capps is my great-great grandfather.

Thank You,
Sue V

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2004 12:15AM GMT
Hi Sue,

Thanks for clarifying. Do you have birth & or death dates for your William Ransom Capps' siblings? I already have Mahala's, James', Pryor's, & Delaney's, but not the other 9.

Thanks,

Pam

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 2:02AM GMT
Pam,
There were only five children born under William Capps. I have looked in my aunt's book and she only named five, that includes William Ransom Capps. Now Margaret did marry again to Henderson C. McKay, after William died. They had one daughter. Nothing said what her name was.

Where did you find out about 9 other siblings on William Ransom Capps?

Sue

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 2:42AM GMT
Hi Sue,

Sorry, my mistake, was looking at a different set of children for someone else.

Pam

Sue V (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 9:01AM GMT
Pam,
I posted it some time back. Did you not get it? I do have William Ransom Capps's birth and death date. I wanted to know about the other 9 children??? I had know idea that there were any more than just what I posted. I have just packed and am getting ready to leave for Texas this morning and won't be back until some time next month. I will contact you as soon as I get back.
William Ransom Capps born 28 Jan 1830 in Lincoln County, MO. He died 15 Oct 1921 in San Antonio, TX. He is buried in Coker Cemetery, in San Antonio, TX.

Thank You,
Sue V.

Posted: 20 Feb 2004 9:09AM GMT
Pam,
That's okay. I am still confused on who the other 9 children are. Do you have their names??

I will be leaving for TX here pretty soon. I will try to find someone who let me check my email. My aunt's house has no computer so I have to go into town to see if I can borrow someone else's. I think I know of a place that might let me check my emails.
I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank You,
Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions