Search for content in message boards

LYONS PATRICK

LYONS PATRICK

Posted: 20 Apr 2002 1:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 1:46AM GMT
Looking for parents(most likely born in Ireland) of Patrick Lyons born in 1822 from Cork, d 1896 in Montrose, South Dakoka. He married in 1850 Mariah Agnes Crinnion born 1828 in Sycacuse NY. The had 12 children born in Wisconsin except for 2.Do not know the date he immigrated to USA.

Any info would be welcome. Searching for years.

Re: LYONS PATRICK

Posted: 7 May 2002 4:26PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2003 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: Lyons(Lehane), O'Connell, O'Connor, O'Callaghan, Crimmins
Your Lyons entry is most interesting to me. I am a descendant of one Hanora Lehane(Lyons) b: abt 1833 in Paris, France, was spouse of one Denis O'Connell, in County Cork, Ire. Hanora was the second wf of Denis. She died about 1877 in Co. Cork, Mallow area in Ireland. My grfa Dennis, the eldest b: Dec 1860 in Cregawn Parish, Kilshannig Dist, Co. Cork, Ire, died 1938 and is buried in the Montrose Cemetery, (NE). I was raised in Ardmore, dau of Louis O'Connell. I do not have the given name of Hanora's father (Lehane or Lyons). Her mother was Ellen O'Connor. On a trip to Ireland, we visited descendants of Denis' 1st wife. The Kavanagh families live in Cork, Galway Bay and Co. Kerry. Will look forward to your response. M. O'Connell Kuhl

Posted: 8 May 2002 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 1:46AM GMT
I do not think we belong to the same clan. At this point, do not have any Honora (Lehane)Lyons in our family tree. Always been told Patrick Lyons was born in Tralee in Ireland in 1822. Have not been able to go further than that. Have not Denis in the family either. Good luck in your search.

Janis Espinoza (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2004 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: LYONS
I believe we share the same gr gr grandfather PATRICK LYONS. I am a descendent of his son JAMES LYONS. My records show Patrick Lyons married Mary or Maria Crien (sp?) from New York. Daugher Briget born in NY and James, John and Henry born in WI. There were 10 children, two of which died at ages 1 (Patrick) and age 5 (Catherine). James married Margaret Geelan in WI and families moved to McCook County, South Dakota by 1888. Patrick and James Lyons and Christopher Geelan (James father-in-law) have adjoining land patents in McCook County SD. James and Margaret had two children (Francis) and (Dale Edward), my grandfather. I too am trying to determine date Patrick immigrated to US. Would like to share information with you.

Doris Lyons (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2004 1:15AM GMT
I have a copy of the 1900 census-index stating that James Lyons was married to Magaret (birth place Wisconsin). They had three children ; Frances born in August 1885 South Dakota), Dale born in December of 1888(South Dakota) and Andie born April 1878 (Wisconsin). In 1900 they were in Clarno, Drake county in South Dakota.

Patrick was born in 1822 in Tralee Ireland, Cork County married 1850 Mariah Crinnion who was born in Syracuse,New York.. Patrick died in February of 1896 in Montrose, South Dakota. Mariah died November 13, 1912. They are burried near Montrose, South Dakota. The Lyons family moved to Fond-du-Lac in 1850 and to South Dakota early 1970. They farmed near Auburn.
I don't know what year he immigrated to the USA. Could never find who's Patrick parents were. I have some bits and pieces. Birth dates of Patrick's and Mariah Crinnion children,
Would like very much to share inormation with you if possible.

janis (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2004 3:22AM GMT
Thank you so much for your reply. Dale Lyons was my grandfather. I have not been able to find when Patrick immigrated to US or anything on his parents. I did not know that there was another child Andie. I knew Patrick was buried in catholic cemetery near Montrose, McCook Co., SD but did not know when Mariah died. I did find adjoining land patents for Patrick Lyons, James Lyons and Christopher Geelan (Margaret's father) in McCook Co. SD. I have much of the information on the Dale Lyons line. I would like very much to share information. jjepin@comcast.net

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 10:47AM GMT
Surnames: Kavanagh, Lehane O'Keefe
Good morning from Cobh County Cork Ireland.
My name is Patrick Arthur Kavanagh whose father came from Churchtown Co. Cork. His grandfather was Denis O'Connell and grandmother Ellen O'Keefe. Denis O'Connell married twice, his second wife was Hanora Lehane ...they had 6 children all emigrated to America. As far as I can discover Denis had a brother Jerry who also married a Lehane ...both ladies born in Paris. I could go on and on. I am presently endeavoring to find out what happened to my uncle Timothy Kavanagh who was born in Churchtown Ireland on November 30th 1889 and was drafted into the US army in 1917/1918. I think he was killed in France but I dont know where exactly, when or how.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions