Search for content in message boards

Capps History and Ancestry

Capps History and Ancestry

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
My aunt had been researching for many years on the Capps. I have research books and her book that she had put together. I do not have all the research books with me here, in my home, they are at my aunt's ranch and I can get some info out of the books I have. I will need names, dates and where they where born and the last place they were.
If I need other info, please leave me your email address or I may try to get a hold of you through here. I am taking over my aunt's geneology since her memory is going. I am going to go back since the William Capps that came from England.
Thank You,
Sue V.

Re: Capps History and Ancestry

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2004 8:01PM GMT
Hi Sue,

Please list which Capps line you are researching & / or descended from.

Thanks,

Pam

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 8:40PM GMT
Pam,
From William Capps b 1802 in Grainger Co., TN. died 1838 in Camden Co., MO. He married Margaret Peggy Yadon. born March 15, 1806 in Hines Valley, Grainger, TN. Died 1883 in Bandera, TX. Now I am trying to trace Jacob Capps born 1770 in Orange Co., N.C. died before 1840. He married Sarah Sanders, born about 1770-1772 in Orange Co., N.C. I need to find out more info on Jacob's father Thomas Capps born 1740. There is nothing about who he married or where he was born. I am assuming in N.C. or Virginia. I have found alot of Thomas Capps in the census, but they don't seem to have enough kids. He had 9 children. I am starting to find more info on Jacob Capps. So I am at a stand still on his father. I may have to go by where his kids where born, if I can find out. Some just tell you the year and nothing more.
Thank you,
Sue V.

Larry Capps (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2004 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Capps/Camp/Moseley/Allen
looking for my GGGGgrandfather's parents. His name is William Capps(cape) b. 1832 in Ga, and came to Tx in 1858 with Camp, Allen, Moseley, and Sparkman families.(these families are all interrelated).
William married Levinia Moseley in 1880 in smith Co, TX(Tyler,TX). Levinia is the daughter of Miles Moseley, and Nancy Camp.
William and Levinia had 11 children( John Bell Capps is my GGGgrandfather). William died in 1911 in Chicago being taken as a POW in Civial War time. Does this sound like your line of cape, or capps family? All we know is suppoally William father is from SC, and mother is from GA. any help would be appreciated, at a dead end.
Larry Capps

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 12:21AM GMT
Larry,
I am looking them up now. I don't think we are in the same line. We are related somewhere down the line. We just branch out so much. I will get back with you as soon as I can.
Thank You,
Sue V.

Sue V. (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2004 12:05PM GMT
Larry,
I am still looking and have found nothing yet. It may take longer than I expect. I may have to wait until I get to Texas to get to my aunt's books. I have looked into what I have here and can't find him, YET. I haven't given up. Please be patient with me. I'll try everything to find your info.
Thank You,
Sue V.

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 2:56AM GMT
Larry,
I think this person might be able to help you. I got on a web sight and this person had the info that you might need. Email him at:
cappies@seacove.net

Let me know if he helps or not.

Sue V.

Larry C (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2004 11:28AM GMT
Sue
That is my e-mail address!
Sorry!

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 8:39PM GMT
Larry,
Sorry!! OOPS! Well, I'll still look when I am in Texas. I made a copy of your request. When I get back, which will be sometime the begining of next month, I will contact you.
Sorry,
Sue

dorothy spring (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2004 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Capps
Hello Pam
I'm searching for information about my great grandfather William Jackson Capps. He was born in Springfield, MO in 1857. Would you happen to have any thing about him. I'm trying to find out where he died,and when.
A cousin said she thought he died in Oklahoma, because his family origionaly came from there. And two of his daughters, Ollie and Lucille lived there. But I have yet to find him in Oklahoma or Missouri.
Dorothy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic