Search for content in message boards

John Ford

John Ford

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 12:50PM GMT
John Ford was my GG Grandfather came to Michigan from New York State Married for short time to ? for a very short time secon marriage to Mary Ann Norton Children of John ford: Frank, Eph, Clair, and Kate. Children of Mary Ann Norton Florence and Caroline.

John Ford, son of Nathan

Posted: 24 May 2000 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 12:31AM GMT
I have a John Ford born on Verona, Oneida Co, NY, moved to Michigan after discharge from ther Army where he married first wife.
Second wife, Caroline Morgradge, Indiana
His Father was Nathan, elusive, I am, stick on Nathan, any help, sound familiar?
Barbara

Re: John Ford

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2002 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Ford, McBride, Shoemaker, Stratton
I have a letter written in 1900 by Lyman McBride Ford, in which he says, "...About [that] time [1848] Mary [Ford] and Hiram [Shoemaker] came out to Wisconsin, Cousin Charles Stratton [son of Elizabeth Ford & Charles Stratton] and Uncle Edward [Ford]'s family perhaps later left New York for Michigan. Do not remember the place though later had a letter from Charley after I went to St. Paul. Several of Uncle John [Ford]'s sons and one daughter had settled at Cleveland and Painesville, Ohio."
About all I know about this particular "John Ford" is that he and his wife had a large family, but less than 12. He had been living on the old Ford homestead 5 miles away from Stillwater, taking care of his grandmother. His brother Samuel Ford had bought the old farm for sake of Grandma and sent to Milton, for John to run the farm. When John Ford left, cousin Reubin took his place.
Don't know if this John Ford is yours or not.

Posted: 4 Jul 2009 6:49PM GMT
Do you have any information on John's Father Nathan Ford?
Barbara Carmel
bscarmel@charter.net

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 2:54PM GMT
Nathan Ford was born February 10, 1823 in New Jersey. He married Catharine Rogers on January 2, 1851. Nathan and Catharine had 9 children together- Charles, Almon, Sarah, Truman, John, George, Anna, Permelia and Marion. He later married Sarah Scoles on August 16, 1874 in Wisconsin. Nathan Ford died on January 15, 1884 in Wisconsin.

I'm related to Almon Ford.
Patty Mitchell

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: Ford
Hi Patty,

I'm trying to learn if the Ford family you wrote about is my Ford family. My great grandfather was John William Ford, b. about 1859, in Wisconsin. His parents were Nathan and Catherine Ford. My grandmother was Sara Edith Ford prior to her marriage and she was J W Ford's youngest child, born in 1901, Marion Co., KS. I really have very little info on the Ford family back that far as my grandmother said she never saw her paternal grandparents.
We have a copy of a newspaper clipping with Almon Ford's photo taken in 1934 at Seattle, WA. My aunt says she has a note on it that it was her grandfather's brother.

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Ford, Shoemaker
Do you have any info as to there having been more than one intermarriage between the Ford's and Shoemaker's? My great grandmother, Margaret, was a Shoemaker prior to her marriage to my great grandfather John William Ford. Her parents names were Harvey and Mary Ann Shoemaker. She was born about 1860 in Iowa, I believe.

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Ford
Hi

Yes I think we are cousins .Look on the 1870 Census record for Nathan Forde living in Bloom,Richland,Wis .It shows John w. as a 12 year old boy. They spelled the name weird the old English spelling. I have a family tree on Ancestry. I hope that helps.
Patty

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 7:41PM GMT
I don't think your John is mine. My John Ford had a first wife named Mary, not the same last name. He had a wife named Caroline and a daughter named Florence. The only survivor from his first marriage was Lyman Ford. They all wound up in Indiana.
Barbara

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 6:04AM GMT
Although I do not recognise John William, my Fords settled Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, and Washington State from about 1850 on. Check out this research done by Ford and Nagle: my.erinet.com/~fordnag/ford001.doc
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions