Search for content in message boards

Harrell's 1780's Bertie Co

Harrell's 1780's Bertie Co

Janis Richeal (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrell, Bazemore
I am looking for ancestors of Braxton Gilliam Harrell of Bertie Co. Married Bessie Lee Bazemore, had seven children.
Later moved to Newport News, VA then to Norfolk, VA where they lived until their death. Anyone with information please let me know. Thanks

Braxton Harrell relatives

Douglas Davenport (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harrell
My mother was born in Bertie County on Jan. 15, 1912. Her name was Edna Earl Harrell. She was daughter of Joe Harrell and Mary Alice Thomas Harrell. In 1924 she visited cousins in Norfolk that lived on Chesapeake St. at Ocean View. Her reference was to cousin Brax and cousin Besse. I believe that one of the Braxton Harrell daughters was Iris Harrell. Braxton was apparently my grandfathers cousin. D. Harold Davenport

joseph thomas

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 1:09PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Harrel
Saw you name Harrel with the name Thomas.
Am searching for a Joseph Thomas from Bertie County, NC. On a 1860 census I have the names Jospeh Thomas, wife Sarah. also same household Jonah and Catherine Harrel from Bertie County, NC. Could their be a connection here? Thank you very much, Ann

Michael & Georgianna Moon Thomas

Jim (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
Douglas,

I have done some research for my niece, who is the great great granddaughter of Michael Thomas and Georgianna Moon Johnson of Bertie County, N.C. She decends from their son John William Thomas who married Lula Mary Early. Would like to compare notes. Please contact me. Thank you

Jim

Thomas family

Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Ann: I am loking for my great grandfather from Bertie county. He married Georganna Moon (Johnson). I estimate he was born about 1850-1860. His children inculded Mary Alice, John, Fred, Robert, Henry, Lura, Jeptie, Gratha,and Hattie. My grandmother was Mary Alice. She married Joe Harrell. All of the childern spent their lives in Bertie, except Gratha, John and Alice. If any of this sounds familiar please let me know. Thanks Douglas

The Thomases

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Jim: John was the oldest child and I remember he was married to aunt Lu. They lived in Norfolk in old age and uncle John visited my grandmother Mary Alice Harrell often. I believe that Agnes Hood was uncle John's daughter. There was also a Ted Thomas who I believe was Agnes's younger brother. Since my parents deaths I have lost touch with the Thomas family. Alice Deal and Joe Harrell, my cousins, and I are trying to trace the Thomas family and the Harrell family. We can't seem to get anywhere with the Harrells but believe we could learn more about the Thomases. Mike Thomas still lives on uncle Jeppy's farm, now Mikes, but I have not talked to hime in years. David Hoggard lives near Mike and told me Mike does not have much information on either the Thomases or the Harrells. Bessie Bruce, Mike's sister is still living in Washington, NC but again I haven't talked with her. Alice, my sister and I plan a trip to Windsor in the spring to see what we can digup. Janis Richeal, Braxton Harrell's granddaughter is working on the Harrells as well. We are bounf to comeup with something. Thanks for your response. I will share anything I come up with. D. Harold Davenport
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Harrell, Hall, Smith, Bracy, Wallace, Holt
I also am searching for Harrell's & Halls in Bertie County. Ruben and Ella Harrell were my great-grandparents and I have from there to Jesse Harrell and Luvina (Conner) Harrell, their great grandparents. Mostly from the Roxobel, Kelford, Woodville area, My greatgrandparents lived around there all of their lives. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Harrell's 1780's Bertie Co

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2004 7:41PM GMT
Dear Janis, wanted to know if you are looking for ancestors on your Father's side or your Mother's? I married into the Harrell family, and need to know if there is any relationship. Thanks Robert.

Re: Harrell's 1780's Bertie Co

Posted: 11 Aug 2005 3:52PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2005 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Harrell, Richeal
Harrell was my grandfather. What is the name of the Harrell you are related to? Have info on Richeal's of Beaver Falls too.

Re: The Thomases

Posted: 9 Oct 2006 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas-Harrell
I read mention of a Thomas-Harrell get together in the fall. Is that something that is still going on? I am a descendant of Michael Thomas, his son Everett Jordan Thomas is my Great Grandfather. It would be nice to attend such a gathering with my father, he has lost touch with most of the Thomas family since moving to Virginia in the late 60's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic