Search for content in message boards

Cornelis Pieterszoon Broere

Cornelis Pieterszoon Broere

Donna (Broere) Sanford (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Broere
I am trying to trace one of my ancestors, Cornelis Pieterszoon Broere-born Nov. l4, l677 in Zwaluwe. He married Maayken Botbyl--born Jan. 20, l689. Our family line ends there. They were descendants of French Huguenots and we would like to find out when this family line came to Holland and where they came from in France. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Broere

Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 5:01AM GMT
I had a great uncle named Cornelis Broere, born 1878, son of Pieter Broere born 1836 . They came to the US in 1886, settled in New York.
I have no further information, but since they usually named sons after fathers, they may be descendants.

Re: Cornelis Pieterszoon Broere

Tony Hofstee (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2001 3:17PM GMT
Donna, please send me a message to my e-mail address ahofstee@sympatico.ca I have Cornelis Pieters Broere in my database. Would like to exchange information but I find that since they changed these message boards it is getting very difficult. Tony

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 5:55AM GMT
Surnames: broere
The earliest relative to the US was Bastiaan Broere, 1848, arrive in Minnesota, did oystering, claming, married Gertude from New Jersey, and settled in West Sayville, Long Island, Newyork. All original settlers were from Ijerseke (Yerseke) in the Schelde river area in the Zeeland. Most records were destroyed in the flood of 1953, killed 75% of the village

Posted: 30 Jul 2011 8:56PM GMT
Hi, I am a descendent of Bastiaan Broere and am very interested in your post. My e-mail is: kahlerjeffrey@yahoo.com. Do you know who Cornelis Pieterszoon Broere is? I have never been able to confirm Bastiaan's parents. Thank you.

Re: Bastiaan Broere

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 12:21AM GMT
Please send me Bastiaan's date of birth and where he was

born so we know we are referring to the same Bastiaan Broere

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 12:21AM GMT
Please send me Bastiaan's date of birth and where he was

born so we know we are referring to the same Bastiaan Broere

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 12:52AM GMT
Hi, My Bastiaan Broere was from Yerseke, Holland. He was born on April 16, 1822. He is buried in West Sayville. I a descended from his daughter, Betsey,

Re: Broere

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: Claudia Broere Kontrimas
My understanding is that all the 45 Broere families were from Baastian Broere, from Minnesota to New Jersey to Long Island.
Benjamin Broere lived to be over 100 years old (sayville, New YOrk) There are multiple Peter's and Cornelius' for names. I can not tell if they were brothers or father's and sons. My father is James, died 2003 @ age 77, his father John was born in 1890( Merchant marine and rum runner for Joe Kennedy, yes the father of JFK). John's brothers Cornelius, and One other (not sure which one) married two Van Wyen sisters, and lived on Long Island. " Dutchman on the Bay" has photos of Baastian Broere (a dutch reformed reformed preacher) in the book. Also there is the exact location of the Broere's house in 1903 in West Sayville (the protestant dutch side of Sayville)

Posted: 4 Aug 2011 3:28PM GMT
All my geneology records are in Florida (I am in Michigan for the summer). If you will email John Etorre at johno250@hotmail.com he has oodles of info for you on the Broere's including newspaper articles etc etc--you will really be amazed at what he sends you! This is one great guy!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic