Search for content in message boards

Belclare, Aclare, Sligo.

Belclare, Aclare, Sligo.

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 4:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOWLEY MULLOY RUANE BARRY LEONARD

Hello, my name is Nicola Howley, my Great Grandad PATRICK HOWLEY (also known as Pat, Joseph & Big Joe), was born 1899 Belclare, Aclare, Co Sligo.
His parents were JOHN HOWLEY(born 1872 Belclare) and BRIDGET(Bee)MULLOY (born 1870 Culdalee).
Bee passed away a few days after giving birth to Patrick. John Howley remarried ANNE RUANE/Rewan and they had children, JAMES,THOMAS,EDWARD(Eddie),JOHN(Jonnie),PETER and MARY ELLEN.
I believe Mary Ellen & Tommy emigrated to USA, Mary Ellen had a son named Eugene & I think Tommy a son named John.
The other brothers emigrated to Leicester area of UK.

I would love to hear from anyone with links to the above family.

Thank You.

Bee Mulloys parents: JAMES MULLOY and BRIDGET BARRY.
James Howleys parents: JAMES HOWLEY and MARY LEONARD.

I have a couple of photos of the ruins of Belclare taken after the stone of the houses was taken away to build a new wall around the church. If any one interested.

Re: Belclare, Aclare, Sligo.

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, Sorenson,
Hey Nicole,

I think you still have relatives there as I know some Howleys are in Kilmactigue, somewhat close to my relative, and indeed, some of your family and mine were married in the early 20th (1900-1999) century.

I would be VERY interested in any and all photos of the area as I am putting together a web site for the Kilmactigue area.
Could you send them to me online? Please contact me.

Murph

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 12:16AM GMT
Hi. I just saw this post. My granddad's mother was a Howley. His name was Thomas Marren. He was born August 9, 1883. He was from Belclare, Aclare Sligo. His dad's name was Thomas & mom's name was Margaret. My granddad resided on the South Side of Chicago. He died in 1977. He was the best! He was a very holy man with a rosary in his hand. If he wasn't praying he was lilting ldiddle-ee-ey. I hope to hear from you.

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, McDonnel, Howley, Carlon,
Hello Mary,
Glad to see your post and I would love to see your family History as my Family too was from the Aclare area (for lack of a better term).

I have tried to contact Nicola Howley as both HOWLEY and MARREN are common names in the area. I have and transcribed (some of) the Church Records from the LDS Files (which are hard to read) of the Church BMDs 1845 forward (much earlier than the Census).

Anyway, please post and perhaps we can exchange emails and see if we have a family link --

I know Nicola and the HOWLEY family had links with my ancestors as one married a Howley - but Nicola has not posted in a year according to the Ancestry admin.

Murph_

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, Carlon, McDonnel,
hello maryO (did not leave name)
Please repost and will figure out how to contact you off the list, Marren is a common surname in Kilmacteige Parish (Aclare area, Co. Sligo) .

Murph_

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, Carlon, McDonnel, Howley, ect....
Oh, I needed to add the WilsonBowerSmith , or whatever the user name was for the person that posted about HOWLEY was in 2007 and does not seem to have made it back (unless changed usernames) and this is the person I was originally attempting to contact.

If She does make it back to ancestry, please repost your contact info in your account !!!

Murph_

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Marren, Howley
Similar to Murph...i have marrens and howleys (along with a bunch of other families with ties to Kilmacteige and Cloonacool) so i took a real quick look at your provided info and looked through the scans i have on my machine... Here are some things you might find useful (if you dont' have them already)...A baptism record and marriage record

If you look at my transcriptions.. you can probably make an educated guess of what these families looked like..

http://uvawahoo.net/Genealogy/Ireland/1279231Item7.htm
http://uvawahoo.net/Genealogy/Ireland/1279231Item8.htm

Karen
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 10:53PM GMT
Hi Murph, To be honest with you, I don't have much family history. I know my grandfather (Tom Marren) was the only sibling in his family that resided in Chicago. He did have two nieces that were Catholic Nuns that resided in a convent in a suburb of Chicago (Wheaton, IL.) Their mother's name was Margaret Marren and she married a James Spelman. Here are the names of the other siblings of my grandfather: Michael, Bridget, John & Anne. There may be more siblings, but I'm not sure. Thanks

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, Carlon, McDonnel, Howley, ect....
Karen, any more of the Films transcribed (like marriage and deaths)?

Murph_

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 1:02AM GMT
For Kilmacteige…

The church records i have access to (1279231 Items 7-13) there are no death records. Just baptism and marriage records. I have them all scanned on my computer

For these records..

baptism records item 7 and 8 I have completely transcribed and posted online

Baptism records Items 9-12 i have some records transcribed. Some of my transcriptions are online, some are not. The online records can only be found by searching the following
http://uvawahoo.net/ireland/BaptismRecordResults.aspx

Marriage records item 13... I have some records transcribed, but none are online right now..

I stopped spending time transcribing because at one point LDS had some of the Kilmacteige records indexed online….But I don’t see these in the new system.
Albeit the LDS transcriptions do not include townland or godparents. But the indexes were enough for me to find the exact record..

If people have specific names and dates I’m willing to do lookups to provide the record which includes the townland/godparents…
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions