Search for content in message boards

d.b. carroll

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 11:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll
any information on d.b.carroll on walker co., GA census of 1840 with wife lucinda and two sons, james burton and John d.

Re: d.b. carroll

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Carroll- Jones
Mr carroll, I am a decendent of Lucinda Carroll (Jones), She married my GG-grandfather(Wiley Jones) mid 1840's, she had 3 children from her first marrage(DB Carroll), James, John, & Sarah Carroll.
She & Wiley had 6 or 7 more children. Lucinda, James, & John are buried in Leake County,MS at a small unkept cemetary called Blocker Cemetary, thier graves are marked w/ headstones. I find it very interesting that some of your Carroll relatives & my Ggrandfather(ZT Jones) both migrated to Brazos Co.TX

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Andrews, Trant
Thank you for your response. I found out about D.B. Carroll through your Jones relatives. I am originally from Navasota in Grimes County. My other relatives in Brazos and Grimes County are the Andrews and the Trants.

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: db carroll
The cemetary I told you about in MS where Lucinda, James, & John are, is Officially named "Blocker Cem." but locals call it Blocker-Trant cem.
I believe My Ggrandfather either had relatives or knew poeple in Grimes/Brazos county's when he migrated there from MS in the 1880's. They initially settled near Democrate crossing on the Navasot.
Got a hint about DB Carroll's father may be Abnor Carroll, 1830 Census, Walton County, GA.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 1:52AM GMT
Do you have dates for Lucinda and Wylie? I can find James Burton's headstone online, but I heve not been able to find Lucinda and Wiley. Some of the Mooneys and others also moved from MS to Brazos and Grimes counties in Texas. James Burton Carroll's widow is buried in Panke in Grimes County. Like James. John David was buried in Leake County, MS.

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 2:33PM GMT
The last that I have on Wiley and Lucinda is the 1850 census from Walker Co., Ga which shows the three Carroll children and two Jones children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions