Search for content in message boards

Paul N. Fischer New Ulm, MN

Paul N. Fischer New Ulm, MN

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 4:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Oct 2001 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Kachelmeier, Burgard
My niece and I are looking for information on Paul N. Fischer who was born in New Ulm, MN on Aug. 29, 1881 and died Nov. 20, 1955 in Garrison, ND. He married Caroline Kachelmeier Apr. 24, 1906 in Fairfax, MN. I only have information on one of the children a Edmund Paul Fischer who was born in New Ulm, MN on Dec. 16, 1906 and married Regina Burgard on Feb. 8, 1927. I am looking for Paul N. Fischers parents and relatives on back to the old country where they came from. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Lydia R. Kleinsasser

Re: Paul N. Fischer New Ulm, MN

Posted: 21 Aug 2011 1:24AM GMT
Well, I don't know if you are still interested in this; however, I will share what I know

Caroline, AKA Magdalena or Lena, was the third child (of 10)of Anton Kachelmeier and Walburga Simmet. She was born on Sept. 16, 1883, in Fairfax, MN. I only remember hearing about her with the name of Lena.

They moved to Garrison, ND, sometime between 1913 and 1917.

Their children and dates of birth are:

Edmund Paul Fischer Dec. 16, 1906, New Ulm, MN

Loretta Ottillia Fischer March 11, 1908, Cottonwood Township, MN

Raymond Anthony Fischer Jan. 6, 1910, Cottonwood Township, MN

Marcella Walburga Fischer January 20, 1912, Cottonwood or Sigel Township, MN

Eleanor Cecilia Fischer July 20, 1913, Sigel Township, MN

Walter Albert Fischer August 22, 1917, Garrison, ND

Caroline/Magdalena/Lena is my great aunt. My paternal grandmother is her younger sister, Mary Josephine Herlick.

I have more family info the children of Paul and Caroline/Magdalena/Lena Fischer if you are interested. In 1959 I met Paul, Marcella and Eleanor.

Cottonwood< Lafayette and Sigel townships are adjacent to New Ulm, MN

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 9:20PM GMT
Lydia,
I saw the response fro Herlick! recently. I do not remember if we corresponded awhile back or not. I. too have info on this family. He is child of Magadelena Klinkhammer and Paul Fischer. My husbands family is related to John Fischer.
Would love to share what I have.
THank you! sitjat@aol.com

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Kachelmeier, Fischer
I just saw this post and thought I could add a few details to it. My grandfather is Walter A. Fischer as is the last of Caroline's children. I think all his brothers and sisters are buried at the Garrison, ND cemetery. Loretta may be the exception and I can check. My grandfather turns 96 this August 22. He lost his wife, Mary Kastner Fischer last October. She was 92. They had four boys: Wallace, Wade, Michael, and Jerald. Wade and Jerald still live in the Garrison area and are semi-retired. Grandpa, up until this past spring, was actively farming and ranching. He has slowed a bit because of some medical concerns but still loves to talk and do what he can around the farm.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic