Search for content in message boards

Ton of Pettys back to 1640

Ton of Pettys back to 1640

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jun 2009 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Petty
I have a family of Pettys back to 1640 here in America. There is a lot of research here covering Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennesse, Alabama, Arkansas, etc. Drop me a line and maybe I have your connection.

Elizabeth Petty Dill

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2009 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Petty, Dill
Dear Marcella,

I am looking for info. on Elizabeth Petty who married Seborn Dill abt. 1825 in SC. They moved to AL in the 1850's. There is much confusion in my research because of him maybe having two wives. I would be so grateful for any help you might be able to give me. My email is jswanson1@msn.com

Thank You,

Bonnie Swanson

Alvin Junior Petty

Robin Gale Petty (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2009 9:35PM GMT
Dear Marcella Davis,
A lady named Vicki Petty-Rader told me about you and you have a lot of Petty's in a list!
My name is Robin Gale Petty and my real father whos name is who went by Alvin Jr. Petty, but his name was Alvin Junior Petty!

I have been trying to find any Petty's that are related to my side of the Petty Family. I have been trying to find out the family tree. I was never told about my Family relations.
I Have three sons that are ages 22,19,19. These are the only boys I have!
I have 2 sisters and 6 nieces, but my two sisters has-1 has 2 girls messed up and 1 has 1 messed up because of drugs! I want to find out if there is anyone of the Petty's families out there that could be related to my side of the Petty side!

YOURS TRULY
ROBIN GALE PETTY
Please E-Mail me at hittarget22@Yahoo.com
If there are any Petty relations on my side!
GOD BLESS YOU and I hope you can help me!

Zany Petty

Mark Judkins (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 7:37AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2009 9:35PM GMT
Hi Marcella,
My gg-grandmother is Zany Petty, born ca1845 in Dekalb County, TN. Her father's name is Jesse Petty and her mother's name is Elzira. I am looking for information on Zany's parents,i.e., place and date of birth, their parents names, etc.. Zany was probably short for Louisiana and I have seen her name as Zana and Zania also. I have also seen various spellings of her mother, Elzira's, name; Alzira, Aliziar and Elsire. Any information you might be able to give me on Jessee and Elzira and their family line would be much apprectited.
Thank You.

Zana Petty

mark judkins (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2001 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2009 9:36PM GMT
Jesse was my gg grandfather, Zana was a sister to my g grandfather. If you should find any info on Jesse Petty I would appreciate it very much, as all I have is that he came from N.C., but I do not have a county or his fathers or mothers name.Please contact me at jlpetty5@juno.com

Sarah Jane Petty Morrow

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 9:22AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2009 12:01PM GMT
Surnames: Petty, Morrow
I don't know if you can connect with what I have, but I hope so. I have a Sarah Jane Petty that married a Morrow and had to children Bill and Sallie. She later married Andrew Jacson Peters on 6-22-1859, I think in Ga. and she died 9-30-1895.She had 4 more children;George, Franklin, John Bradford, and Ed. If this connects please e-mail me at JARogers87@aol.com. Thanks, Jody

Fred W. Petty m. Elizabeth Stanley

Tim Petty (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2001 2:22PM GMT
Marcella,
It may be a stretch, but I have a great-grandfather whose name was Fred W. and married an Elizabeth Stanley in Indiana.
Fred was born in 1880-1890. I was wondering if you have any info or connection. Whether you do or not, is there a website or somewhere that I can look for the info myself???

Greatly appreciated,
Tim

DAVID PETTY/NANCY BRYAN

Posted: 10 May 2001 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2009 12:03PM GMT
I had just sent a a message asking if anyone had any info. and then started browsing and ran across yours. I really would appreciate any help you can give me. I do not know who his father or her father were. DAVID PETTY,b.1825 in WAYNE CO.,TN, NANCY BRYAN,b.1825 IN WAYNE CO., TN. They were married 30 APRIL, 1846 IN LAWRENCE CO., TN. THANKS, LOIS

Re: Ton of Pettys back to 1640

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 2:25PM GMT
I have been researching my grandmother's line. Her name is Rose Marie (Petty) Spears. Her father was a Fred Calvin Petty. His father was a Orin(sp?) M. Petty. My grandmother talks of the Petty's being from Illinois, but she was born in Indianapolis Indiana. I had correspondence with a John Petty that helped me connect Orin to a Abraham Petty (it lists Abraham's son as Orion Petty). I have that Abraham was born February 18, 1832 in Chatham Co. North Carolina. Abraham was married to a Sarah Pritchett in Hendricks County Indiana. There is never a mention of the "Illinois Petty's" that my grandmother thought she remembered. So, I am still not sure if these are my "Petty's" or not. She also thought there was "Indian Heritage" in the Petty background. If you could shed light on any of this or share whatever information that you have that connects with me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Monica

Monica_Cantrell@hotmail.com

Re: Ton of Pettys back to 1640

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 4:18AM GMT
In my late mother's snapshot collection I find a snapshot of Joseph and Mrs. Petty "our neighbors, made on his 82nd birthday, April 17, 1927. Mrs. Petty is 71." It is very clear....even to the horse and buggy in the background. His heirs needs this, as I have no emotional connection of any sort. Please help me locate some of his people. Thanks, loisteen@thegateway.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions