Search for content in message boards

William Brady

William Brady

Brady Baby (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 5:25PM GMT
I am seeking information on the Brady family. My mother's Great Grandparents were directly from Ireland. I am unsure of where exactally, but I believe it was Cavan. My Great Grandfather was William Brady. He lived in New Jersey for most of his life. I'd appreciate any information I can get. All I want is to know where we came from. Thank you.

~Michelle

William Brady

Evelyn Hawley (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 9:31AM GMT
What is the time frame that you are looking at for William Brady. My grandfather was William Wells Brady. His father was William Edward Brady. Their line goes back to Lindsey Anderson Brady, who was a pioneer to Utah, and then further back to a Hugh Brady, who came from Ireland about 1732 to Cumberland Co. Pennsylvania. I have a book that starts with Hugh Brady and contains all kinds of records relating to the Brady family clear up to about 1938.

Sample from the book:
"Of the original 7 sons of Hugh Brady only two, Joseph and Hugh II, are thought to have died in Cumberland County. Three others, Samuel, Ebenezer and James moved to Indiana County and died there. Captain John Brady, as is well known, is buried at Muncy, Lycoming County, and William the remaining son is said to have migrated to Tennessee."

Wiliam Brady

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 11:24AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2002 11:58PM GMT
I have information on a William Brady who was born in Ireland and lived in Jersey City, New Jersey. He was born in 1860 and died in 1928. He and his wife, Mary/Margaret, had 9 children - Mary,Anna, William, Elizabeth, Jennie, Margaret, Leo, Francis and Helen. Let me know, if any of these names are familar.

Paul Brady

Brady

Kathy (Brady) Jakubowski (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 6:51AM GMT
I had (have) an Aunt named Mary who lived in New Jersey in the late 50's early 60's. She had 7 children (I think) one whose name was Guy. My dad's name was Terrence and my mom was Jean. I had a gradnmother named Irene with a daughter named Rose. Could this be any relation to your Mary?

William Brady

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2002 11:58PM GMT
Kathy,

I don't think so. If you have more information such as an address, let me know.

PER: Your book on the Brady Family

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 8:16PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2003 9:49PM GMT
hello my name is Linda I am the GGG Grandaughter of Christopher Brady I first find him im Farmington NY in 1780s and 1790 then they move to Marion, Ohio. Do you perhaps,
have any formation on him. My e-mail is goldenhoney53@yahoo.com

Brady Family

Barbara Allison (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 10:44AM GMT
Evelyn,
In your book do you have anything on a Jasper Paulson Brady, b about 1830 in Ohio, died in Wabash, IN., he married an Elizabeth Moore? He is my gg grandfather and I have not been able to trace the family line beyond him. Thanks for your help.
Barbara

William James Brady

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 1:07PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:30PM GMT
I saw your posting on the net.Do you have any links going to William James Brady from Lewis County, WV....any help would be appreciated. jim

Re: William Brady

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Brady, Hendrickson, Bailey
Evelyn, Do you have records that trace Lindsey Anderson Brady back to Hugh Brady? I have not been able to get past Charles Anderson Brady. Would like to know what you have that makes the connection. My husband comes thru Lindsey's son Jordan.

Re: William Brady TN

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Brady
Evelyn,
I saw your message posted Feb 7, 2001 in regards to Hugh Bradys' sons. I am looking for a William Brady from TN he was born around early 1800's. You had said something about a Brady book that you took this information from. If I might ask where did you get your book?
Thank you
Terie Harris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions