Search for content in message boards

Names: Zujus/Zuis/Zuiss, Stanina, Siniauskas, Vickacka, Stumbris

Names: Zujus/Zuis/Zuiss, Stanina, Siniauskas, Vickacka, Stumbris

Jim Z (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2005 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zujus/Zuis/Zuiss, Stanina, Siniauskas, Vickacka, Stumbris.
I am currently researching the surnames of Zujus/Zuis/Zuiss, Stanina, Siniauskas, Vickacka, Stumbris. If you have an interest or any information on these Lithuanian surnames please contact me. Thanks!

Re: Names: Zujus/Zuis/Zuiss, Stanina, Siniauskas, Vickacka, Stumbris

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 2:13PM GMT
I am doing research on my family. I have found recently that my family name was spelled "stumbris" in lithuania. My grandfather Adam was born in 1909 and my grandmother Helen was born in 1911 her maiden name was Budris. I am having a hard time finding anything. I do know my great grandfathers name on my grandmothers side was Kazimier Budris. I am new at this but would really like to find out more about my heritage. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 12:07AM GMT
Hi -

You can start out by gathering what you do know about your family. Were Adam and Helen the generation that came over from Lithuania, or had it been their parents? Do you know if they had brothers and / or sisters? Yoou can find information by looking up where they lived on the various censuses, who else was in the family, and even who applied for citizenship. Where did they live when they came to the US? A few things to start with...
- Jim

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Zujus
My maiden surname is Zujus. My grandfather was Matas Zujus born 8-14-1892 in CiudiSkiai, count Marijampole, died february 1979. Worked for the newspaper Garsas. Married Kaze (Zujiene) Zujus who was born 7-16-1999. Matas came to
USA via Canada. Kaze via NY on 9/6/1931. My father was Charles V. Zujus, his siblings where Matthew Zujus and Ona (Lanning) Zujus. All deceased. Would love any more info. This was all I can find. Thanks.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 4:45PM GMT
Hi Jennifer -

From my research into the name Zujus, there were two areas in which this rare surname can be found. One was in the Preinai region, and the other (which is where my lineage came) was in the Kaisiadorys (?sp) region near Kaunas. I recall reading that your grandfather was a writer and published a newspaper, and his relations were connected with the Zujus families from Preinai. I have not found a specific connection between the families from the two areas, but given the relative rarity of the surname from a relatively small country, I suspect there may be a connection. An expert on Lithuanian surnames once told be that the name came from a nickname, and depending upon the ultimate origin could mean either one who ruminates on things and acts slowly, or one who moves about quickly and nervously. I suppose depending whether I am on my first or second pot of coffee in the morning, either could fit... ;)
- Jim Zuis (Zujus)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions