Search for content in message boards

Rufus Martin

Rufus Martin

Carla Bryce (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 12:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin/Blankensghip
Im looking for info on Rufus Martin?He lived in Wetumka Okla.Had one son that I know of and am sure there were mord.Som...Richard..Dick Martin.
Thank You

Re: Rufus Martin

Posted: 10 May 2003 4:48PM GMT
My g-g-grandfather was Rufus Martin. Do you have any more info on yours? Mine lived in Oklahoma before moving to Texas in about 1885. He was married to Georgia Crow. I believe he was born in Geogia. He was born in 1858 and died in 1940 in Bowie Co., TX.

James

Posted: 11 Jul 2003 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Miller , Patterson , Barbour County Alabama, 1883
Dear James , I have a Edward Rufus Martin , in my family , he lived in Louisiana , and someone tore up all the names in his Martin Family Bible , the only name left, was Dinah Crow Martin . How interesting that you would have similar names in your family . My Grandfather was born in Alabama in 1881 died in Louisiana July 20 1958. His father , same name , was born in South Carolina April 1839 . We are looking for any information on this family . We know they lived in Barbour County , Alabama, when my grandfather was born , his dad killed Pleasant B.Patterson , in 1883 , my grandfather was 2 yrs old at that time . When he was still very young , his mother, Sarah Elizabeth Miller Martin , took him from Alabama , and somehow went to Louisiana. She must have told him not to talk about all this . He didn't untill 6 months before his death . He wanted to go back to Alabama and find his Family , it was to late , he didn't get to go . So I am trying to do the next best thing . I want to find them for him . Leta Martin Terrell

BarB De Zan (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2004 10:35PM GMT
WOW - here you are again...Your Rufus (Chilton) Martin is a son of John Stokely Martin who is my Great-grandfather. I have lots of information on this Martin line...please respond when you can and we can share information. Rufus was married to a Kate Condon in 1940 - 2 children listed in the family Bible (as of 1940-41)-Ruth and Kenny.Don't know if they stayed together all the while. Other siblings of Rufus were..Ray Edward Martin, ZoeEtta Martin Harris, May Martin Stilwell (My grandmother), Roy Robert Martin-wife Verna Moore Martin,William Jackson Martin-wife Beulah, Annie Lee Martin Wentz,George Guy Martin-wife Lynn Greathouse.
Looking forward to swapping info w/you.
Posted: 28 May 2004 12:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2005 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Blankenship,Martin,Griggs
Sorry it took so long to get back.Richard Martin..Uncle Dick was married to Hazel Blankenship,my dads sister.There is some paper work,but a cousin who has it is passing it around and its not my tuen yet...lol..theres not many of us left.I would love to know about these people.I dont know much.All the names you listed,a cousin had given me but he didnt know where they would be or anything.Yep youve found another cousin.Awesome.

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 3:57AM GMT
I have a lot of info on georgia & rufus they are my grandparents also.

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 8:20PM GMT
Great. What do you have?

The only info I have is the line of their daughter, Katie Lou "Tommie" Martin. She and her husband, George Walter Reed, were my g-grandparents.

I do know the birth/death dates for Rufus and his second wife(been to the Hubbard Chapel Cemetery many times), but I know nothing for sure about Georgia Crow or their parents.

Thanks,

James Reed

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: crow-bohanan

I have a tree in ancestory.com (martinfamilytree2) that has a lot of the info but I cant find much on her. My grandfather morgan martin was her oldest child. She gave birth to him at age 15 before her and Rufus married in camp county texas. We have always been told he was a Bohanan and that he took the Martin name.My cousin said that Georgia is buried with Rufus and Morgan with no marker. His second wife is Buried there with a marker.i have an aunt on Morgans wife's side who married a crow and there are Bohanans on that side.I feel if we can find the bohanan - crow link we may find her also. If you will send me your e-mail to texaspringer@aol.com I'll send you the link to the tree. i have a few pictures of grave markers.
My name is scott martin son of Henry and Arlene martin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic