Search for content in message boards

John MOODY of Co. L'derry who had sons William and Robert - Limavady links etc.

John MOODY of Co. L'derry who had sons William and Robert - Limavady links etc.

Posted: 17 Oct 2008 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for the family of a John MOODY who was married at least twice, first wife's name is unknown to me at this time, but with this first wife he had a son named William MOODY who was said to attend school in or near Limavady where his Grandmother lived. (not sure if that was his Grandmother MOODY or his mother's mother?).
His father John MOODY was said to have owned a bleach-green in Co. L'derry. However, I believe this branch of the MOODY family has ties to the MOODY's in the Roe Valley/Limavady area and also to those of Magilligan and Coleraine areas as well.
I also firmly believe there is a tie to the John MOODY b.c1813 whose son James MOODY married Mary Ann LYNCH (daug. of William Lynch and Margaret Jane McCAGHEN...various spellings on her last name) who in turn came to Pennsylvania in the latter 1800's sailing out of Scotland.
We have a Ydna link to this branch of the Moody's (James who married Mary Ann).
The Magilligan MOODY's are linked back to a John MOODY and Mary HOPKINS whose family were said to have come to Nor. Ireland from Fifeshire, Scotland. I Highly suspect we are or Would Be Ydna related to this branch of the Moody's as well as the first names and other links are so much in common with our Known Moody's from Nor. Ireland who came to Nor. America (from Nova Scotia to the Southern states of the USA).
One of my matching Ydna families is in Nova Scotia and at least one known member of the Magilligan branch of MOODY's also came to Nova Scotia, living in the Exact same place as my own Ydna Moody cousins did as well. That was Israel MOODY who married Elizabeth CASKEY (prob. orig. MaCaskie or McCaskey or some variant spelling...see Black's book of Scottish Surnames under the spelling of MaCASKIE).
Within my own MOODY family tree the middle name of "ROSS" is used several times in the children of my 5th grt. grandparents James MOODY and his wife Elizabeth DONALD (descendant of family of Clan Donald/MacDonald). I suspect there may have been some family link with the ROSS's back in Nor. Ireland or from Scotland to my own Moody family but so far have not been able to prove this other than from the fact that the surname appears as middle names in my own Moody family tree and for what reason I have no idea as none of these descendants married Ross's and none of their wives families from my own research has revealed any Ross link as yet, so I am guessing this link MAY be from my James MOODY's parents side as it is not on his wife Elizabeth DONALD's side. (One of their grt. grandson's was named "James Ross NEWCOMB"...was this my 5th grt. grandfather's middle name as well?....James Ross MOODY??)

The surname of LEWIS also appears as a middle name among their grandchildren too but there were Lewis' in this area who may have come over from Nor. Ireland too for all I know.
My James MOODY appeared out of no where in York Co., Maine (not all that far Geographically) from Nova Scotia where our Ydna Moody's lived), when he married my 5th grt. grandmother Elizabeth Donald (also seen spelled as Donnell/Dunnell etc.) in Jan. of 1774. Then they disappear off the map again.
I suspect James came to York Co., Maine for work as it was a flourishing port during that time.
Elizabeth's father was Capt. Benjamin Donald/Donnell a very prominent man in York Co. and Lincoln Co., Maine as was his father Capt. Nathaniel DONALD/Donnell who came to York Co., ME from Rowley, Essex Co., MA. Capt. Nathaniel DONALD's wife was Elizabeth TODD. The Donald's/Donnell's owned their own ships and a great deal of lands in York and Lincoln Co.'s in Maine and perhaps in other areas too.

They donated land to build a bridge in York Co., Maine and other lands they owned in Lincoln Co., ME (Bath/Georgetown area) for cemeteries. They also owned lands in and along the Sheepscot River (at that time called Jeremy Squam) in the area now known as Wiscasset, Maine.
I have deed info and details on this, as well as Capt. Nathaniel's will where he mentions the lands given to his son Benjamin etc. One of my 5th grt. grandmother's Nephew's (son of her brother Moses Donald/Donnell) was Rev. Moses DONALD/Donnell who lived in Wiscasset, ME for a while and he was a Methodist/Episcopal preacher in the church in Wiscasset that has the big Clock Tower. (it did the last time I was there anyway...several years ago now).

At any rate, my James Moody has been my Brick Wall for years and the only thing to help chisel away at that wall so far has been the proof of relationships via our Ydna testing results. I was always told that our Moody's were from the English lines that came to New England in the 1600's. The Ydna results have now Proven that NOT to be the case. There were 3 major lines of Moody's in New England all around the same time, all naming their children the same names, who were all born around the same times and then on top of that all lived in the same states, towns etc. even marrying into some of the same families.
This has caused a considerable amount of confusion and grief among those of us Moody's trying to find our proper family tree connections. Not to mention the countless numbers of Old Genealogies which have reported links that are now being found out via Ydna results are Not Correct.
The Clement Moody line of Exeter, NH has NO links whatsoever via bloodlines to the William or John MOODY lines of Newbury, MA and Hartford, CT respectively. Also William and John MOODY were NOT blood cousins at least as is being shown to us right now, again from Ydna testing results. Perhaps one day more male born MOODY's will be tested that will prove that otherwise, but as it stands right now, there is No link between any of these 3 early MOODY families who came to New England in the early 1600's.

My rogue Moody family has No links to any of the 3 major Moody lines of early New England. My Moody family didn't show up in Nor. America until around c1750. Ditto for my Ydna Moody family in Nova Scotia. Our earliest known Ydna MOODY was a Thomas MOODY b.c1710 in/of Aghadowey, Co. L'derry, Ireland who married Jean McQUISTON supposed daughter of a Benjamin McQuiston and they and many others came to New Castle, DE in c1735 and removed to PA for a while but then headed South to Guilford Co., NC. From there, their descendants removed to TN, OH, KY, MS, AL, TX, KS, ARK etc. we have ydna Moody cousins all over the place now.

Back to the Moody's of Nor. Ireland. Here are some of the other Surnames I believe to be part of our family tree as well...those in Nor. Ireland or Scotland who have married into our Moody/Moodie/Mudie family or who have known Ydna links to our lines...
Ledlie, Eakin, Stewart/Stuart, I've also recently noted a possible HEMPHILL link from something I read online, Hutton, Leslie, Shannon, Herron, Crawford, CARRE/Carr/Kerr,
Chisolm/Chisholm, McNeill, Glendinning/Clendennen, Hamilton, very possible Morrison, Ross as I mentioned earlier, Green, Smith and several others.
There may be No link between these other Moody branches in Nor. Ireland even though they sure do seem to have a lot in common with our family, and perhaps one day we will find out the truth.
I think it is a real shame however that certain branches of these Moody families appear to be unwilling to share the genealogy of their branches with others (Not all of them, but I have encountered some who do not) when they might be able to help those of us who have been struggling for so long to find ours. You could be the very ones who hold the key to tear down that brick wall. Since the Nor. Ireland records are so scarce, I feel that genealogy is for everyone, and if you've discovered some old record somewhere in your travels that might help someone link to those folks, I believe its a kindness that should be shared.
If I can help anyone further with any of the info I might have regarding these folks I've mentioned here, please leave a message reply and I'll do my best to help you out.
If you can help me with any of these names or family branches I have mentioned, I would be Most greatful as well.
Thank You.

Re: John MOODY of Co. L'derry who had sons William and Robert - Limavady links etc.

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 5:23PM GMT

Hi every,
have got some info on the moodys of Magilligan & Gortmore House which l am adding to the site + other Moody info which l hope will help everyone else as well

l will go over my info as l can and will add it to the site, will add source if l have and if l can remember were l got it from, there are many years of work.

Names of English and Sctotch Settlers
English settlers; Gage, Lane, Reynolds, Chase, Church and Moorhead
Scotch settlers at Magilligan [a small settlement on the coast, north of Limavady], MOODY, McCurdy, Caldwell, Conn, Allison, Clarke, Flemming, Sinton. These came over in the reign of James 1.

SCOTTISH
The original list of persons of quality; list of the livinge & dead in Virginia Febr; 16th 1623[ie 162xxx]*
Moody Dauid 13 2.

1630 Armagh Muster Roll
James Moody
John Moody
Patrick Moody

1630 MUSTER ROLL ANTRIM BARONY DE DULUCE -THE EARL OF ANTRIM HIS BRITISH TENTANTS-THEIR NAMES
LDS FILM NO 1279327
Swords only NO ARMS
Robert Hobkin or Hamilton Robert Walker
Arthbald Hobkin John Hobkin
John Hobkin Robert Alexander
Sallomon Hobkin John Walker
Andrew Dick Andrew Walker
Thomas Walker John Walker
David Hobkin John Walker
John Dick Robert Dicks
Thomas Orr
Alexander Walker
William Renkin
David Renkin
James Dicky
Alexander Hopkin
William Dicky
Archbald Hobkin

1630 MUSTER ROLL ON THE IRONMONGER'S ESTATE CO, LONDONDERRY,IRELANDS
Aghadowey: Robert Hemphill; James Hymphill; Alexander Gould ;David Patterson; Hugh Willson; Robert Wilson.
[this Hemphill may help Lousie].

1638/9 John Moody,6-13-4,Rental at the Armagh, Rents Composed List out perpected
John Moody,4 " " " " "

IRISH LANDED GENTRY WHEN CROMWELL CAME TO IRELAND
The "Forty-nine" Officers
Moody, Robert

IRISH LAND GENTRY WHEN CROMWELL CAME TO IRELAND
Name of person in grants
Moody, John

THE BRISTOL REGISTER OF SERVANTS
1695-Thomas Richards to Elizabeth Moody,4 years Barbados
2 Jan 1660-Martha Ducy of Dulsford [sic],Som, to Eliazbeth, wife of Thomas Moody, Cooper 5 years
14 Feb 1660-Richard Hookey, Comber, to Elizabeth Moody, 4 years
4 Sept 1665-Lewis Davis to George Moody,4 years, Virginia
4 Sept 1665-Jane Powell to " " " " "
11 May 1657-Pwarce Smith of Manningfield, Wilt, Yeoman, to John Moody, Mariner, 4 years, Barbados
2 Jun 1662-Thomas Abram to Thomas Moody, 4 years, Virginia
10 Mar 1657-William Jones of Baschurch, Salop, Yeoman to Thomas Moody, Cooper, 3 years
23 Feb 1670-Thomas Moody to Edward Coock, 3 years, Nevis
29 Nov 1671-James Moody to Percivall Reed, 4 years, Virginia
9 Sep 1675-William Moody to Bryon Tandy, 4 years Virginia
7 Aug 1679-Sarah Moody to Thomas Foster, 5 years, Virginia,by Bristol Factor.
5 Sept-1658-Edward Moody of Salisbury,[Wilt], to Richard Crabb ogf Bristol, Clothier, 4 years
16 Jun 1662-Edward Moody to Abraham Roome, 4 years Virginia.

Virginia Immigrants. 1623-66
Mary Moody, 1641, by William Yarrett, New Norfolk Co.

The orignal list of persons of quality: Register of the name of all ye passinger wch passed from ye port to London for an whole yeare before xpmas 1635.
Symon Moody. 20

1642-1646 NAMES OF THE CROMWELLIN ADVENTURERS FOR LAND IN IRELAND,IN THE 17 CENTURY.
(for more info go to " Prendergasts, Cromwellin Settlement in Ireland)
The following were the sirnames of the Adventures for lands in Ireland, under the various Acts and Ordinances of Subscription: commencing with the Acts of 17 Charles 1., chap. 33, A.D. 1642, and ending in 1646, when all further subscription ceased:
names: Alexander;; Cage;;Campbell;; Hill;;MOODY;;Nicholl;;Nicholson;;Parker;;Simpson

NAMES OF THE CROMWELLIAN ADVENTURERS FOR LAND IN IRELAND
From "Irish Pedigrees" by John O'Hart, vol 2
"Adventurers for Land in Ireland"
This Act of Subscription began in 1642 and by 1653 Ireland was declared subdued and the confiscated lands were given out.
For the full name and address of each Adventurer the reader is directed to Prendergast's "Cromwellian Settlement of Ireland".
Moody

Irish Land Genty by John O'Hart,
on page. 399 a Robert Moody is listed under one of the "1649" Office who served during that time of Charles 1 and 11[l think it was], and this list is comprised of Officers who in the Court of Claims or those in the right of claims as Solders in the Commonwealth in Ireland.
There is also a John Moody Mentioned in this book as one of the early persons receiving Grants of land in Ireland [Ulster provinces it appears].

The Register of Derry Cathedal NI, 1642-1703
Bapt 22 Oct 1666, William, son of John Maddy, Soulder.

1660 Plantation Houses in Armagh
Mr John Moody for a Plantation Houses and 20 acres. Other tenements 6-13-4

1660 Mr John Moody for 2 houses in Market Street, and the other in Furtagh Street. 4-0-0.

John MOODY 1660, Co, Armagh Rent Roll

1661 Plantation Houses in Armagh
3 LT.Col.Conyngham for the house formely Mr John Moodye's and 20 acres of land 6-0-0
LT.Col.Conyngham for several tenements formely Mr John Moodye's. 4-0-0

John Moodye 1661-1675 Co. Armagh Rent Rolls

1662? John Moody ,christen 3 may 1662 Templemore Derry Cathedral Londonderry, parents John Moody & ?,[LDS FILM NO C700431]

1664 Barony de Ardmagh[Armagh]- The Lord Primates men. more out of the town and liberties of Ardmagh
Patrick Moody, Sword and musket
James Moody, Drummer
John Moody, No Arms

From the Baptism records of the Ballykelly Presbyerian Church in Ballykelly, Co Londonderry, Northern Ireland.
3 May 1664 Bapt, John Moody ,child of John Moody

The Register of Derry Cathedal NI 1642-1703
3 May 1664,John the son of John Moody.John White,John Gibsob,&Mrs Miller,Gossips.[has been checked,o.k.]

A LIST OF PERSONS WHO PAID HEARTH TAX IN 1665 IN THE PARISH OF CLONLEIGH, DONEGAL, IRELAND
ORR Wm.Shannon
PATON john Manister
PATTERSON Robert Ballybogan / Lifford
LECKY Robert Clonleig

1665 Hearth Rolls list from Enishowen [Innishowen?] Co.Donegal, Ireland. [Raphoe parish].
John Moody.

1665 William Mootey born 21 Oct 1665 Ballymena Antrim ,parents Stewart Mootey & Mary Millar [LDS FILM NO, C701267]

1665 William Mootey born 21 Oct 1665 Ballymena Antrim ,parents Stewart Mootey & Mary Millar [LDS FILM NO, C701267]

1666 The name MOODY appears in the earliest surviving records of Limavady

27 May 1667 bapt, William ,the son of Katherine Maddee???NI Derry Church

IMMIGRATION OF IRISH QUAKERS TO PENNSYLVAINA--1682-1750.
John Moody, 234,235
Samuel Moody, 235

1691 Elizabeth Moody Married Thomas Child, St John Dublin

THE BRISTOL REGISTER OF SERVANTS
1695-Thomas Richards to Elizabeth Moody,4 years Barbados
2 Jan 1660-Martha Ducy of Dulsford [sic],Som, to Eliazbeth, wife of Thomas Moody, Cooper 5 years
14 Feb 1660-Richard Hookey, Comber, to Elizabeth Moody, 4 years
4 Sept 1665-Lewis Davis to George Moody,4 years, Virginia
4 Sept 1665-Jane Powell to " " " " "
11 May 1657-Pwarce Smith of Manningfield, Wilt, Yeoman, to John Moody, Mariner, 4 years, Barbados
2 Jun 1662-Thomas Abram to Thomas Moody, 4 years, Virginia
10 Mar 1657-William Jones of Baschurch, Salop, Yeoman to Thomas Moody, Cooper, 3 years
23 Feb 1670-Thomas Moody to Edward Coock, 3 years, Nevis
29 Nov 1671-James Moody to Percivall Reed, 4 years, Virginia
9 Sep 1675-William Moody to Bryon Tandy, 4 years Virginia
7 Aug 1679-Sarah Moody to Thomas Foster, 5 years, Virginia,by Bristol Factor.
5 Sept-1658-Edward Moody of Salisbury,[Wilt], to Richard Crabb ogf Bristol, Clothier, 4 years
16 Jun 1662-Edward Moody to Abraham Roome, 4 years Virginia.

1696 Thomas Moody, Married abt 1691 ,Jean McCuestion [LDS REF NO F792711]

1699 Phillip Mooty ,Married 31 Oct 1699 ,St Michan ,Dublin, .Ann Holmes.[LDS FILN NO 7312006]

1699 Phillip Moety ,married 31 Oct 1699 St Minchin Dublin , Ann Holme4s[ "" " }

Presbyterian church records Ballykelly, Co. Derry/Londonderry, Ireland
Baptisms
12 Nov 1699,James Moody, Bapt,son of Andrew Moody of Ballykelly

1699 Church of Ireland Marriage Licence Bonds Diocese of Kilmore & Ardagh
Listing of the Church of Ireland Index of Marriage Licence Bonds for the Diocese of Kilmore & Ardagh.
(Data transcribed from LDS #0100869).

AGHMUTY Rachel ,Robert RICHARDSON,1699
AHMUTY Elizabeth,Ralph FETHERSTON,1752
AHMUTY John,Elizabeth TANNER,1843
AUCHMUTY Martha,James DODD,1722
COCHRANCatherineAlexander FINLAY1768
COCHRAN Joseph Ann PLANT 1774
COCHRAN Mary Thomas McULLA 1770
HUNTER orse. MOODY Elizabeth Hugh KANE 1768

1700 Church records of Ballykelly C of I
Alexander Mudie [Magilligan] Margaret Bapt 28 Jul 1700
Edward Mudy [Ballykelly] Robert Bapt 14 Apr 1700
Edward Mudie [Magilligan] Joseph Bapt 18 Aug 1706
[the above were all Presbyterian].

1700 William Moody ,born abt 1700 Newtown limavady NI [LDS FILM NO ,1760726]

14 Apr 1700 Bapt, Edward Moody, son of Robert Moody, of Ballykelly
28 Jul 1700, Bapt, Alexander Moody, son of Margaret Moody of " Moglogon " [Magilligan].

3 Feb1702, Bapt James "Mundy" [sic] ,child of "Edwart" Mundy of Ballykelly

Patrick MUDY son of John MUDY of Drumachose (Limavady) Feb. 9, 1703

1704 James Moody ,Christen 30 Oct 1704, St John Limerick, [LDS FILM NO C700451]

18 Aug 1706, Bapt Edward MUDIE child of Joseph MUDIE of "Magilgan" [Magilligan]

ABT 1706 Moody Thomas, abt 1706 Derry NI
married Newtown of Aghadowey,Derry,NI
Jean McCusten, abt, 1708 (father Benjamin)
Children:
Ann, b 17 may 1732 Derry NI -d 19 sept 1819 Shelbyville, Bedford,TN-married 15 sept 1756 in Guilford,NC-
Thomas b 17 dec 1731 ,Derry, NI -d 9 dec 1783 Guilford, NC

Daniel Moody and Jeane Camell [Campbell] were married 12 Oct 1707

1710 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO ARMAGH
John Moody,Lira Landlord Anthony Maddin, N

1710 [born c], Thomas Moody, Aghadowey,Londonderry NI

1711 John Moodey ,christen 31 Dec 1711 St Catherine Dublin, parents Cornelius Moodey & Jane ?[LDS FILM NO C700221]

MARRIAGES
James MUDY in Ballykelly and Margaret BRIECE [sic-Brice?Bruce?]in Dunboe are allowed proclamation- March 3, 1713

Boston Port of Arrivals & Immigrants 1715-16, 1762-69
James Moody, Ship "Nancy" fron Glasgow
Hugh Moody, Taylor, arrived Boston
Robert Moody Alexr*, arrived Boston

1715 ITEM NO 139 "FREEHOLDER'S, LIST CO, ARMAGH C 1710[D/1928/F/1A].
Oliver St John Esq [Lefson]
775 John Moody [Lefsee] For all it townland of Currerinagh cons acres 225 dated April 20th 1715 for the lives of your son John, John,William his son's at yearly rent of 20-0-0

1715 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO, ARMAGH
John Moody, Currerinagh, Oliver St John, Armagh N

1716 CORK AND ROSS WILLS 1548-1800
William Moody, Killbarry

more EMIGRANTS in BONDAGE 1614-1775
Moody Elizabeth, of St WestMinster, S.S.Clothing April 1 to August 1718 Eagle L C Charles Town March 1719 .L.

Moody Elizabeth, Also Betty.S. August TB to Va Sept 1767 after being brough to childbed .WI.

Moody John. S. Lent 1737 & T from London.ST.
Moody John. S. " , Dolphin May 1763. HT
Moody Samuel, S.Lent T Tryal Jul 1754. K.

FROM THE 1718 MIGRATION
The Scotch-Irish Jourey to the New World
Land Estate Records
John Moody, Creaghadoes, Donegal, Raphoe,Taughboyne,Strabane

1722---HISTORICAL ACCOUNT OF THE TOWN OF NEWRY
The present commodious structure in High-street, was erected in the year
1722; excepting the south aisle, which was added about forty years
afterwards. In the meeting-house yard, there is an excellent dial, made
by Adams, of London, and presented to the congregation by Mr. Robert
Wallace, of Croban, in the year 1757.—It appears, that, for a
considerable time prior to the revolution, and after it, the
congregation had for minister, the Rev. George Lang, of Carmeen. The
next minister was the Rev. Robert Rainey, who continued in the charge
till 1739. The Rev. James Moody, who had been previously minister of
Maherally, succeeded, and died in 1772, having been minister forty
years. The Rev. Boyle Moody, his son, having succeeded to the charge,
died in February, 1799. His successor, the Rev. John Thom, who had been
invited from Scotland, became minister in 1800, and died in July, 1808.
The Rev. A. G. Malcom, D.D. great grandson of the Rev. George Lang, and
also kinsman of the Messrs. Moody, was installed in March, 1809. He had
previously been minister of the congregation of Dunmurry

1722 Bithiah Moody born 12 Mar 1772, Christen 29 Mar 1772 Dublin Presb, father John Moody.
1723 John MOODY rental at Macosquin Coleraine Londonderry 1723
1724 Jean Moody, born abt 1724 Newton of Aghadowey Derry NI.parents Thomas Moody & Jean McCuestion

1725 William Moody ,Married Mrs William Moody, Londonderry ,[LDS FILM NO 176726]

IRISH WILLS
1726, Robert Moody, Gardener, Dublin [W].

ABSTRACT of IRISH WILLS
Name of Testator Samuel Moody
Will date 15/7/1726
Proved/Narrated 13/11/1740
Will No 145

Name of Testator William Moody
Will date 15/7/1726
Proved/Narrated 13/2/1740
Will No 146

1727?-26 Dec 1812, buried Barnes Churchyard , John Moody, Actor Son of hairdresser named COCHRAN, was born in Cork, and followed his father's occupation.He himself stated that he was born in Stanhope Street, Clara Market,London,After incurring, as a said,some danger of being forced into the rising of 1745,he went to Jamaica, returned to England.His first wife died 12 May 1805,,aged 88yrs.his second wife Kitty Ann Moody ,died 29 Oct 1846 ,aged 83yrs.

1727 Anthony Maddin [Lefson]
John Moody [Lefsee] For 115 acres of townland of Lisra dated 14th feb 1727, For the lives of Samuel Waring, Thopas Coliyer/, And Barbara Colly, his wife at yearly rent of 30-0-0

1727 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO ARMAGH
John Moody Lira Landlord Anthony Maddin Armagh N

1728 Elionr Moody, born abt 1728 Newtown of Aghadowey Derry NI,

1730 Alexander Mooty, born abt 1726//30, Craigs Antrim, [LDS FILM NO 0183534]
married____________?
Ann McCurdy
Children;
Jane Mooty, born abt 1756, Craigs, Antrim,NI
John Mooty, born abt 1758, Craigs, Antrim,NI
ALEXANDER MOOTY, born abt 1760 Craigs, Antrim,NI
Elizabeth Mooty, born abt 1762 Craigs,Antrim, NI

1730 Mary Moody, born abt 1730 Derry, parents Thomas Moody & Jean McCuestion

1730 Elizabeth Moody,born abt 1730 ,died 1791 Ireland
Married Kennedy [info from IGI]

1730 Harriet Moody,born abt 1730, died Ireland
Married William Robinson [infi frim IGI]

Irish Records Extraction Database
James Shannon ,married 1730,Drumachose,Co Londonderry Ireland, to Ruth Hopkins, [LDS 824282].

1731 Martha Moody ,born 1731 Newtownlimavady NI, father William Moody ,Mother Martha ? [LDS FILM NO 1760726]

The Moody Family
Thomas Moody of Longtown was born c1733, and married Barbara Blamire from St Cuthbert’s parish in 1768. They had three sons, Charles, George and Thomas. Charles and George stayed in Longtown, where George was a surgeon.
Thomas emigrated to Barbados where he later became commissioned in the field into the Royal Engineers, ending his career as a Colonel.
His son Richard Clement Moody also became an officer in the Royal Engineers, and was as a Lieutenant the first Governor of the Falkland Islands. Later in his career, he opened up the Western Terminal of the Canadian Pacific Railway. He reached the rank of General, dying in Bournemouth in 1887.
Of the other sons of Thomas Moody:
Thomas got a commission in the 77th Regiment of Foot, and later was a Major in the East Kent regiment.
Hampden Moody also became a Colonel in the Royal Engineers.
James Leith Moody became chaplain to the Forces and later was vicar of St John the Baptist, Enfield.
Reginald Frederick Moody had a long career in the ministry and ended as vicar of Tetley, Surrey.
William James Moody was in the ministry in the West Indies, and ended as Vicar of All Saints, Runcorn in Cheshire.
Clement Moody, the son of George Moody, surgeon of Longtown, also became a vicar, and was at Sebergham before ending up at St Nicholas Cathedral in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Alexander Camble [sic Cambpell] and Jane Moody were married by John Torance 19 Jul 1733,

Scot-Irish; The Scot In North Britain, North Ireland and North America, Vol. 2
Magherally, Co Down;-------------James Moody, 1734 to 1740.
Newry, Co Down;--------------------James Moody, 1740to 1779
Newry Co Down;---------------------Boyle Moody , 1779 to 1799
Newry Associate organized before 1788.
also moodys in Antrim, need to check, 13-9,The Scot In North Britain, North Ireland and North America, Vol. 2
Also McMurty, 7-7, all in Antrim.

MARRIAGE
Andrew MUDY in Ballykelly and Mary BREDIN in Balteach [Balteagh] are allowed proclaimation July 5th, 1734

Irish Record database//
John Dick Married 1736 at Drumachose,Co Londonderry, NI, Anaple Hemphill [given name in question???].[LDS 824282].

1740 PROTESTANT HOUSEHOLDERS
Tamlaghtard Parish
John Moody - Scotchtown [Magilligan] [LDS FILM NO 0258516]
John Moody - " " " " "

1740 James Moody, Farlogh,Tamlaghtfinlaggan Parish[LDS FILM NO 0258516].
Wid Moody, Drummacose[Drumachose] Parish [LDS FILM NO 0258516].
William Moody, " " " "
John Moody, " " " "
JOSEPH DICK " " " "
Andrew Moody, Baltea Parish "
John Moody, Dunboe Parish Coleraine
James Moody, " " "
John Moody, " " "
Walter Moody, " " "
James Moody, Beleaghron Parish Coleraine
John Moody, Macosquen Parish Coleraine
Robert Moody, " " "
Cors Moody, " " "
Samuel Moody, Aghadowy Parish Coleraine
Wid Moody, Loughgall Parish Dunluce Antrim
Wid Moody, Billy Parish Carey Antrim
John Aghmoody, Aghogel Parish Toome Antrim
Alex Moody " " " "[is this Aghmoody?????].
Adam Aghmoody " " " "
Wid McMurdy, Armagh
Wid McMurdy, "
Hance McMurdy, "

Jenot [sic? Janet] Muday [sic Mudy-Moody] Married Jonathan Shearer 5 Aug 1743 by Rev. Fran. [ Hunstoun].

Early Nova Scotians: 1800-1867
Moody, James (1745-1809):
Moody was from New Jersey. He married Elizabeth Brittain, by whom he had three children. [See, "The Moody Families of Weymouth and Yarmouth" by John Wentworth Moody, NSHR#3:2(1983) at p.89.] When the American Revolution broke out, Moody, while initially quite happy to stay out of the conflict, was drawn in on the British side. He became a member of the New Jersey Volunteers, and because of his knowledge of the territory was to lead a number of raids on rebel strongholds. At one point in the conflict, Moody was taken as a prisoner, however, he managed to escape and returned to active service with the British forces. He was sent, at one point, "to break into the state-house at Philadelphia, Pa, and steal congressional books and documents. The plan was exposed, and he was forced to spend two days in a cornstack without food or water to avoid capture. His brother, who had accompanied him, was caught and executed as a spy." (DCB.) By 1782, the result of the war between Great Britain and its former colonies became predictable. When James Moody had an opportunity to escape to England, he did so, leaving his new wife and his children behind with his father. [His first wife, Elizabeth took a bad fall from a horse during one of those times that Moody was off fighting the rebels; she died from her injuries. James remarried a widow, Jane Robinson Lynson (Lynston) at New York in March of 1782; there was to be no issue from this second marriage.] He spent four years in England during which time he managed to obtain compensation and a pension as a result of his efforts in America on the side of the English. He determined to return to America, to the British colony of Nova Scotia. He arrived at Halifax in the spring of 1786. (See, "Loyalist Squire, Loyalist Church" by Susan Burgess Shenstone, NSHR#3:2(1983) at p. 73.) "By the summer of 1788, James Moody had become well established in his new situation at Sissiboo. His father was now dead, and he had retrieved his nearly grown children from New Jersey. Already he was described as a 'public benefactor to the settlement,' every Sunday reading 'prayers and a sermon in his own house to a number of his neighbours who attend.'" (Shenstone, p. 74.) Moody was to represent Annapolis County in the legislature for a number of years beginning in 1793. We see (Shenstone, p. 70) where Moody was responsible for building a number of ocean going sailing vessels. His first vessel appears to be the 250 ton ship, the Loyalist, which he built at the mouth of the Sissibo River. Moody died in 1809 and was buried in the churchyard of St. Peter's, a small Anglican church which was built mostly through the encouragement and efforts of Moody.

1749 Town records of Limavady a John Moody was appointed "Applotte " for the years1749, 1755, 1758

1750 James Moodey, born abt 1750 Donegal NI

1752 Martha Moody, married 18 Feb 1752 NewtownLimavady NI, Robert Beard, [LDS FILM NO 1760786?]

Martha MOODY 1752 Marriage settlement Limavady (Drumachose Londonderry)

William Moody and Martha _________. 1752 Marriage settlement - Newtownlimavady Londonderry

1753 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO, ARMAGH
William Moody,Glasdrummon,Armagh N
William Moody, " " N
James Moody, Lisraw " N
John Moody " " N
William Moody, " " Y
William Moody, " " N
James Moody " " N
John Moody " " Y
James Moody " " Y

1753 CO ARMAGH POLL BOOK [2nd Nov 1753]
no 429-William Moody C Lisraw
no 472 William moody C Lisraw
no 615 James Moody C Lisraw;
no 809 John Moody C Lisraw
no 949 James Moody C Newry Co, Down Corryernagh.

14017 26 Jan. 1753 2 ships +Jamaica lost gulph +Florida hurricane 22 23 Oct. $Alexander =Mudie+London. $Fanny =Howey +Lancaster $Queen/Anne =Rymer +Bristol. $Mary=Crawford +Glasgow. $Dolphin =Pedink +Liverpool. $Rhode/Island =Ball+New!York. $Statia =Jones +Honduras +Rhode!Island. port missing$Mary/and/Priscilla =Ham. $Three/Friends =Gotterney +Bristol. $Kingston=M''Dugal $Ruby =Edwards +Philadelphia. $Boston =Dene +Virginia. =Hill.$Richmond =Palmer +Havannah dismasted.
MET NNA SHIP

1755 Vestry Minutes Thursday 1st May 1755-- Edward Moody
"It is asserted that a school-house be built in Claggan abd that two pounds, five shilling and 6 pence be afore paid on the upper end for building the same- Edward Moody undertakes to build the said house again the first of June next to be kept in repair for five years".

1755 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO ARMAGH
George Moody Gronacreevy, Downshire ,Y

1756 Jane Mooty, born abt 1756 Craig Antrim NI.
1756 John Mooty, born abt 1756 Craig Antrim NI.Relative James McCurdy

1758 John Mooty born abt 1758 Craigs ,Antrin NI

1759 ,Filed a Will dates. to John Moodie/Moody ,Co Down, Ireland

1760 Alexander Mooty, born abt 1760 Craig Antrim, [LDS FILM NO 0183534]

Title page of the entire list for Ireland reads:
"A list of OFFICERS in the Several Regiments & Independent Troops & Companies of MILITIA in IRELAND; Taken from the Books in the Secretaries Offices, Dublin: Printed in the Year M.DCC.LXI"
1761 Militia List, Ireland----p.49 MILITIA OFFICERS in the County of Londonderry
A Regiment of Dragoons arrayed in 1756
Lts
James Alexander --John Moody --Andrew Alexander --Richard King --Robert McClelan

1762-89; Chapter XV111. Township Records ,Nova Scotia Canada;Oriental.
Two Shares
Moody ,John.W
Moody,Thoams. C
Moody,W.H.
One Share
Moody,J.B

1762 Elizabeth Mooty ,born abt 1762 Craig Antrim,

A MUSTER ROLL OF PORT OF CAPL. TIMOTHY NORTHAM'S COMP IN 1ST REGIMENT OF NEW YORK [USA]TROOPS WHERE OF MICHAEL THORDEY ESQ IS COLI, AS THEY PASS 5TH AUGUST 1762;
JOHN MOODY, ,enlisted, 14 May 1765, aged 17yrs, born Guilford, Occ cord wainer, single, 5/2.

1763 -Presbyterian church records Ballykelly, Co. Derry/Londonderry, Ireland
Robert Moody and Elizabeth Allison married 18 Aug 1763, by the Rev. Tho. Torrens.
-----

1765 born abt Marcus Moody--Index of Co, Londonderry, Newtown-Limavady, is also a will dated 1821 for a Marcus Moody.

1766 An exact list of the several families in the parish of DRUMCOOSE [drumachose] and Co, of Londonderry, distinguing which are Protestant by C for church, and D for Dissenter and which are Papists by P,-[24/3/1766].
Newtownlimavady;
Wid Moody,[D].;
John Moody,[D].-

1766 Kildress parish in Armagh Diocese & Tyrone [Protestant]
Aghmooty Adams, Tamnaskenny

1766 Seapatrick in the Diocese of Dromore in the Co of Down. Returned by Rev James Dickson, Dean of Elpin, & Vicar of the said parish Protestant;
Hans M'Mordy
John M'Mordy
James M'Mordy

Alexander MOODY + Priscilla 2 Israel MOODY b: 1788 d: 31 DEC 1867 + Elizabeth CASKEY 3 Nancy Anne MOODY b: 1819 d: 1896 3 William MOODY b: 1822 d: 1846 3 Elizabeth MOODY b: 1825 d: 1872 3 Robert MOODY b: 1828 d: 1899 3 John MOODY b: 1831 d: 1907 3 James MOODY b: 1831 d: 1907 3 Margaret MOODY b: 1834 d: 1906 3 Rachel Rebecca MOODY b: 13 SEP 1836 d: 22 FEB 1910 + David Rankin COCHRAN b: 25 MAY 1845 d: 27 DEC 1904 4 Alice Mary COCHRAN b: 14 JUL 1876 d: 2 DEC 1964 + William Ernest PARKER b: 19 JUN 1860 d: 5 JUL 1940 5 Frederick Augustus PARKER b: 22 SEP 1902 d: 17 APR 1947 5 Helen Rachel PARKER b: 13 NOV 1905 d: 17 DEC 1943 5 Elizabeth Hibbard PARKER b: 11 OCT 1909 d: 14 JAN 1990 + Emil Martin HARTL b: 9 NOV 1905 d: 4 AUG 1997 6 Living HARTL 6 Living HARTL + Living MCCULLOUGH 7 Living NOEL + Living CASE 7 Living HARTL + Living HOPKINS 8 Living HARTL 8 Living HARTL + Living KNOWLES 7 Living HARTL 7 Living HARTL + Living JOHNSON 6 Living HARTL + Living SULLIVAN 7 Living HARTL 7 Living HARTL + Living DINICOLA 8 Living HARTL 8 Living HARTL 5 Ernest William PARKER b: 28 JUN 1911 d: 17 JUL 1982 4 Betty Jane COCHRAN b: 8 OCT 1872 d: 15 JUN 1914 4 Anderson COCHRAN b: 17 APR 1874 d: 16 JAN 1897

1768 John Moody became a FREEMAN of Limavavdy

1768 REGISTER OF DEEDS INDEX -+ LDS film No
John Moody, 1768-1776 - Vol 261-pge 341 Memorial 170212
Mary Moody, 1768-1776 -Vol 261-pge 341 Memorial 170212
William Moody, 1768-1776 -Vol 261-pge 341 Memorial 170212
Matthew Moody, 1795 -Vol 499-pge 48 Memorial 314856 [ have all wills]

1768 INDEX TO DEEDS 1768-1776
Ferguson to MOODY; 26/4/1768 at 6 O,Clock in the afternoon ; Executed 15/1/1767,William Ferguson of Ballougry in Derry, John Ferguson of Drummott in LDY a yeoman, and John Jamimisom of Ballynaloob? in the Co Antrim and Mary Jaimison otherwise Ferguson his wife, and JOHN MOODY, of Newtownlimavady in LDY, Merchant of the other, in the present of Robert Baird?, William Porter, and WILLIAM MOODY,all of Newtown Limavady LDY.

1771 Marriage Licence Bonds, Diocese of Armagh 1727-//-- 1845,"VI,F#100859
Robert Boyd,est. b. 1751, married Ann Moody, 1771
Robert Boyd, Lisraw, 02-0-05, Title Applotment Book,1829
Robert Boyd,Lisraw,Married Ann Moody,Moodys were extensive landowners in Lisraw, Ballyraegh

IRISH MARRIAGES
Watson, Miss= Rev John Moody, May 1771 /page 224
Joseph Glenny, Summerhill= Moody, Miss, E.D.Rev Dr Dominick St. Feb 1806. /page 126

Canadian Immigrant Records, part one
1772,William Moody, Quebec and Lower Canada Census Fragments;[list od Debts for Chimney Sweeping]

EMMIGRANTS from ENGLAND to the AMERCIAN COLONIS
Index Moody John ,pg 42,pg 68
Port of London; by the Minerva, Mr Arthur Hill, to Philadelphia as indentured servants;
pg 42---John Moody, of London, husbandman, aged 18 yrs

pg 86---7 to 14 Jun 1774 by the Princess Carolina, Mr Archibald Duthic to Jamaica;
John Moody of Paddington,Millwright, aged 21 yrs on business

------------------------

1774 John Moody was born 13th Oct 1774
He married Mary Hopkins of Bolea. Her Brother ________? was James Hopkins who went to America. John's father was Alexander Moody of Lenamore Magilligan.

Mary Hopkins Sex: F Birth: 1789 in Londonderry, Northern Ireland Death: 5 OCT 1859 in Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Marriage 1 John Moody b: 13 OCT 1774 in Gortmore Hall, Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
Married: 5 MAY 1808 in Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Abraham James Hopkins Moody b: 7 AUG 1809 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
Margaret Ann Moody b: 18 MAR 1811 in Dunboe Parish, Magilligan, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland,died 1881 NI
Mary Moody b: 25 JAN 1814 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
John Moody b: 16 MAR 1817 in Londonderry, Northern Ireland
William Alexander Moody b: 4 FEB 1819 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Henry Bruce Moody b: 20 NOV 1820 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Hopkins Moody b: 7 NOV 1822 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Mary Elizabeth Moody b: 17 AUG 1824 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Samuel Butler Moody b: 23 MAY 1826 in Gortmore Hall, Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
Solomon Moody b: 12 MAR 1828 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
Israel Joseph Moody b: 5 DEC 1829 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
Matilda Ruth Moody b: 1 JAN 1832 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland
David Moody b: 18 NOV 1834 in Magilligan, Londonderry, Ireland[my husband family]<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The Belfast Newsletter Index-Death Search for Newry, Co Down
25 - 28 May 1779----died +Newry =Moody,James/Rev. Dissenting Clergyman

IRISH WILLS
1781, Moondy, James, Dissenting Minister of Newry.

1782 In a list of registered bleachers in Limavady in 1782 are the names of JOHN MOODY & WILLIAM MOODY.

Roster of South Carolina Patriols in the American Revolution
Solomon Moody, He served sixty-seven days in the militia under Gan.Marion during 1782. K101.
Thomas Moody,He enlisted in the First Regiment on 1 May 1782. N.A.853.

REVOLUTIONARY WAR BOUNTY LAND GRANTS
Edward Moody,Va. Captain. 10 Dec 1782. 4666 2/3 areas.

27th Jun 1783---Ship "Apollo", arrived New York
William Moody & Family.---[have to check to see were it came from??????????.]

James Moody. Va. Captain. 12 Aug. 1783. 2000 areas.[has been entered twice].
James Moody. Va. Captain. 28 Mar 1840 1000 areas.
William Moody,Va. Private. 21 Oct 1783. 200 areas.

1783-89 ELECTION CHECK BOOK FOR CO DOWN
George Moody Crosnacreevy, Downshire

23 Feb 1785 James Moody,bac,Halifax ,married Phebe Tuff [widow];co-signed Thomas Moody of ,Hairdresser,Halifax Nova Scotia.

1785 Elizabeth Moody,married 8 Apr 1785, Belfast Antrim, David Brown, [LDS FILM NO 7511920]

William Moody,Va. Private. 5 Feb 1785. 200 areas.

Katherine Moody, born 31 Dec 1785 Shelburne Christ Church Canada, parents Thomas Moody & Ann Johnson [LDS C510051]
William Moody, Christen 16 Mar 1785 St George & St Patrick Shelburn, Canada, parents Walter Moody & Mary ,[LDS C534151]

James Moody Married 23 Feb 1785 Halifax Canada,Phebe Tufts [LDS 6929304]

1787 William Moody, born abt this time.Died 1848 buried Londonderry Northern Ireland, married abt 1811,Martha Walker, she was born abt 1777, and died 1833 Londonderry Nothern Ireland.
Their Children: David Walker Moody,. and William Moody, born 1821,died 1902, he married Martha Hemphill, she was born abt 1848, and died 1915.
This is not confirmed, but is probably correct: William Moody [according to family legaend] went to America, New York, with his brother David W. about 1844/45. William returned to [possibly because of a family legacy] probably in about the 1850's.
David as the eldest, should have inherted ,so suspect the father and David Walker Moody were dead when he came back to Northern Ireland.
From Louise; David Walker & William may well have had other brothers & Sisters but our elderly relative can't recall hearing about anyone else. [Louise has also added that William Moody was at Glasgow University abt 1811?]

Member of the above family David Napier Moody ,Born 3 Jan 1881 Limavady NI,
Married Sept 1908 Newtownard, to Ruth Patton, she died 1953
Australian Imperial Force- Nominal Roll
Ref-7278 David Napier Moody ,36yrs, Clerk, M "Salisbury" Old South Head Road, Watson Bay,
Wife Mrs R Moody, Brunswick Road Bangor, Co Down Ireland, Presb, [join 17 Jan 1917?].-Discharged 23 Aug 1919

1788 John Moody born abt 1788, Belfast NI.
1788 Mary Moody, born abt 1788, Ireland

IRISH RECORDS EXTRCTION DATABASE
Thomas Moody, married 1788 to Catherine Collins at Diocese of Cork & Ross, Co, Cork Ireland.

John Moody Marries 4 Nov 1789 Digby Trinity Anglican Canada, Margaret Budd [LDS M534132]

Abercorn Rents
The List of Renters who Signed a 21 yr lease with Abercorn
in December 1789, on the Mongavelin Estate
Craigadoois Upper Division--Samuel Moodie--7-4-0-36-0-0
Drumnatolan--William Moodie--5-6-8

1790 Election Sheriff's Court
Alex Moody,lived Craigs,voted for,R O

REVOLUTIONARY WAR BOUNTY LAND GRANTS--USA
1790 Andrew Moodie, N.Y.Captain. 9 Jul,1790. 1800 areas.

1791 John Moody,born Abt 1791, Londonderry NI

19 Jul 1791; Mary Moody,spin, married Sr David Rudolph ,Bach, Co-signed James Moody. Canada

Mary Moody, Christen 25 Aug 1791 Shelburn St George & St Patrick Canada, parents George Moody & Susan [LDS C534151]

1 Oct 1792;June Moody,Spin, married William Brabiner, bach,co-signed Thomas Moody,Mechant,

DOC ID ISSUE DATE PAGE NO ABSTRACT SUBJECT 285676 19 - 22 Dec. 1794 2 =Bromhead,William =Moody,Robert =Hill,Henry =Widdeson,George =Camage,Williamapprehended May +Sheffield warrants. Secretary State treson =Edwards,John=Williams,Samuel London Corresponding Society =Portland,Duke/of Whitehall=Ford,Mr. Lords Majesty''s Privy Council. act session parliament custodyevidence =Redhead,Henry =York,Henry assizes Co. +York
CRIME LEGAL NGB

Maria Moody, married 29 Jul 1792 Digby Trinity Anglican, Canada, James Taylor [LDS M534132]

Poll Tax list -
Jacob MOODIE farmer of Shelburne - 1792 - taxed L010 (money in pounds)
James MOODY - of Annapolis - 1792 - taxed L010
James MOODY - merchant of Halifax 1792 taxed L03 10
John MOODY farmer of Harrietsfield and Spryfield Halifax, 1792- taxed L025
John MOODY - barber - of Halifax 1792 taxed L025
Thomas MOODY - merchant - of Halifax - 1792 taxed L03 10

Poll Tax list
James MOODY - merchant- of Halifax -1793- taxed L010 0
John MOODY - hairdresser- of Halifax- 1793 taxed L050
John MOODY farmer of Harrietsfield & Spryfield, Halifax 1793 taxed L026
Thomas MOODY - merchant- of Halifax 1793 taxed L010 0

9th December 1793 -
This Indenture made 9th December 1793 ,Between the Reverend James Hamilton of Mount Collyer in the County of Anrtim Clerk of the one part and Margaret Whaley of Tullyhue in the County of Armagh Widow and Administratrix of her husband Thomas Whaley late of Tullyhue aforesaid deceased of the other part. ...All that the part or parcel of land of farm not in possession of her said Margaret Whaley ...containing by estimation thirty-two acres more or less and situate lying and being in the townland of Tullyhue Manor of Ballymore and County of Armagh together with all the houses edifices buildings barns stables kilns yards orchards pastures feeding ... to have and to hold ( in trust only as aforesaid) .. unto tha said Margaret Whaley her heirs ... for and during the natural life and lives of prince Edward fourth son of his Majesty King George the Third, James Johnston Myers son of John Myres of Temle Park and County of Down and JOHN MOODY Eldest son of WILLIAM MOODY the younger od Corearnagh in the County of Armagh of the for during the natural life of the longest oiver of them........to convey the uses...

1794-TENANTS ON THE ABERCORN DONEGAL ESTATE, LAGGAN AREA,DONEGAL,IRELAND
Moodie William, Drumatoland
Moody Samuel, graigados

273219 12 - 15 Sept. 1794 3 letter $Chesterfield/Packet =Taylor,Mr. =Lloyd Coffee-House +Falmouth 5 sailed+St!Kitt 9 Aug. $Ellis +London anchor. +Nevis!Point +Dominica gale 4 shipping+Martinique +Guadaloupe 1 +Antigua +Mountserrat Aug. 17 $Pomona =Moody +Dysart+London fleet +Tortola 18 convoy. $Vengeance guns $Undaunted $Avenger$Vesuvius bomb $Baillies =Sim +Grenada $Prince/Edward =Holman +St!Lucia $Boyd=Young $Amelia =Robertson +Bristol. $Brook $King/George $Venus =Snow $Friends+Livermore $Castle/Douglas =Shaw +Tobago $Crescent +Guernsey down=Grey,Charles/Sir +Point!a!Petre 30. $Fame +Waterford +Newfoundland 5 flagvice admiral white frigate $Lizard ships-of-war +Portsmouth 8 $Barfleur$Canada =Howe,Lord +Margate 8 East-Indiaman shore.
NGB NWI SHIP

1795 IRISH DEEDS 1797
Fergusion to Moody; Matthew Fergsion of Collision of LDY,Occ Mason, and JOHN MOODY of Newtownlimavady in LDY.Excuted by Matthew Fergison and JOHN MOODY18 March 1795

284141 18 - 22 Jan. 1796 3 robbery 20 Dec. +Magilligan Co. +Londonderry =Alexander,Andrew+Newtownlemavady feather beds bolsters pillows blankets sheets table cloths.sums conviction robbery reward 18 =M''Causland,C. +Fruit!Hill =Gage,Marcus=Hamilton,Edmond =Ross,John. =Campbell,Robert =Alexander,Lesley=Jas,John/Alexander =Huey,Henry =Ogilby,John =Orr,Alexander=M''Causland,Conolly =Ogilby,Robert. =Moody,John =Moody,William =Sherard,Hugh=King,William =Boyle,Alex. =Ross,William. =Ross,Richard =Taylor,Thomas=Balfour,Harrison =Smith,William =Martin,Samuel =M''Causland,C. =Mount,Lear.=Ross,Edward =Given,John =O''Sheill,Wm. =Cust,John =Conn,Edward =Rogers,John=Lane,William =Conn,Robert.
ADLEGAL CRIME

272195 6 - 9 May 1796 2 +Dublin 7 =Daniel,Richard +Bath clerk deceased bequests St. Luke parishinhabitants hospital incurables. lying-in maintenance Protestant clergymenwidows +Ireland poor buried. charity sermon preached =Moody,Rev. +Strand!St.meeting-house support charitable infirmary. +Jervis!St. collection.
CHAR NDUB

1796 INTERNATIONAL LAND RECORDS; IRISH FLAX GROWERS, 1796
M'Mootry, James, Derry, Artrea
M'Mordie, Hans, Down, Seapatrick
M'Murdey, Patrick, Down, Kilmore
M'Murdy, Robert,Derry, Cumber Upper
Moodey/Moody, William, Donegal, Rye
Moody, Alexander, Donegal Rye
Moody, David, Armagh, Ballymore
Moody, John, Armagh, Ballymore
Moody, John, Tyrone, Ardstraw
Moody,Patrick, Tyrone, Ardstraw
Moody, Rebecca, Tyrone,Ardstaw
Moody, Robert, Derry, Templemore
Moody, Robert, Tyrone, Donaghedy
Moody, Samuel, Donegal, Taughboyne
Moody, William, Derry, Tamaght Finlagan
Hopkins Solomon Ballymoney
Hopkins William, Ballymoney
Hopkins James Lissan ,Tyrone

JOSEPH DICK ,LONDONDERRY.[note in 1802 he is at Granagh].

Flax growers list 1796
Moody John Ardstraw Tyrone
Moody Patrick Ardstraw Tyrone
Moody Rebecca Ardstraw Tyrone
Moody Robert Donaghedy Tyrone

The 1796 Spinning Wheel Premium Entitlemnts List
10th Day of March and the 1st Day of June 1796,Donegal
Moodey, William - Rye===Moody, Alexander - Rye===Moody, Samuel - Taughboyne

Halifax, NS cemetery info - (Death records)
James MOODY/MOODIE, died Aug. 29, 1796 St. Paul's Barrington St.
Thomas MOODY d. Oct. 16, 1823 St. Paul's,Barrington St
Daniel MUTEY d. May 12, 1807 St. Paul's, Barrington St.

DOC ID ISSUE DATE PAGE NO ABSTRACT SUBJECT 269901 28 Aug. 1797 3 court directors India-House dispatch +Bombay dispute Tippoo Saib Rajah+Cotiote elephants detachment troops =Dow,Col. marched province treaty arms+Wynaud attacked Pyche retreat =Cameron,Maj. killed wounded =Nugent,Lt.=Mudie,Ensign =Ruddiman,Ensign =Budden,Capt. =Fallow,Ensign. =Duncan,Gov.=Stewart,Gen. +Tellicberry ministers =Mallet,Charles/Sir =Page,Mr.+Seringapatum.
NIND WAR

282049 1 May 1797 3 meeting +Newtownlimavaddy 10 Apr. =McCausland,Conolly provost thanks=Waterford,Marquis/of tenantry counsellors absentee landlords =Campbell,Robert > +Belfast Newsletter >. > +Dublin Journal >. =Gage,Marcus =Sterling,John=Hamilton,Edmond clerk. =Ogilby,Robert =Alexander,Andrew =Alexander,John=Moody,John =Alexander,Leslie =Hewey,Henry =Boyle,Alex. =Heyland,Langford=Bruice,Henry =Sampson,G/V. =Hamilton,Wm. =McCausland,Marc. =Smith,William=Ross,William =Church,John =Sherrard,Hugh =Gillespie,Henry =Blair,David=Rogers,Mark =Osborne,John =Moore,Gawin. =Ross,Richard =Moore,Thomas=Lynd,Gordon =Smith,William/Jr. =Gordon,Nathaniel =McCausland,Conoly/Jr.=McCausland,Dominick 17 Co. +Londonderry.
ADMEET

275058 3 Nov. 1797 1 public-office +Bow!St. 27 Oct. =McMillan,John watchman parish St. Martin''scharged assaulting wounding. =Johnson,Thomas +Dukes!Court +St!Martin''s!Lane28 Aug. guilty murder =Moody,Alexander gardener +Glasgow 21 Sept. 1791evidence custody +Scotland Lord Provost. town clerk =Bennett =Small,Col.commander Royal Scotch Fusileers pardon =Moody.
CRAFT CRIME D NLON

Passenger and Immigration List Index, 1500s- 1900s.
??? Moody 1797 arrived Canada
??? Moody " " "
??? Moody " " "
??? Moody 1838 " Prince Edward Island
Duncan Moody, 1814-1835 ,Ontario
Duncan Moody, 1832, Quebec
Edward Moody, 1815, Northwest Territories
Geo Moody, 1817, Quebec
George Moody, 1817,Canada
James Moody, 1786, Nova Scotia
John Moody, 1789, Nova Scotia
James Moody,1801, Nova Scotia
John Moody, 1801, Nova Scotia
Mary Moody, 1847, 1yrs old, Quebec
Robert Moody, 1835,New Brunswick
Robert Moody, 1847,22yrs old, Quebec
Somersby Moody, 1667-1867
Walter Moody,1797, Canada
Walter Moody, 1797,Canada
Walter Moody, Canada
William Moody, 1598-1867,
John Warnock,1871, 51yrs old,Ontario

1798 LONDONDERRY JOURNAL [Moody Farms}
Tue 30th Jan 1798
To Be Sold
Two farms in Magilligan, Gortmore and Clooney. Gortmore on which there is a convenient house and offices is fit for the immedite accommadation of a genteel family etc, etc.

Co. +Tyrone +Ireland national union +Great!Britain Irishman independence taxesincome empire declaration. =Abercorn =Bristol 3rd Dec 1799 Fintna Moody,J

3/12/1799 Belfast NewsletterList of Names from an article re: Union of Ireland & Great Britain
from The Belfast Newsletter Index 1737-1800 (http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/bnl/index.html)
Moody j

265328 15 Feb. 1799 3 died +Newry 5 illness =Moody,Boyle/Rev. paster Protestant Dissentingcongregation. character Christian teacher scholar sympathy =M''Minn,Wm/Mr.+Donaghadee. D NIRL

27 Sept. 1799ADPOL GOVIRL
continued union grand jurors city Co. +Londonderry assizes declarationlegislative +Great!Britain +Ireland.
\\\ +Cloverhill Moody,Alexander \\\ Ballytoatny Hopkins,William +Cochran,Jno \\\ Ballywillin Hemphill,Curtis\\\+Newtownlemivady =Moody,Manus=Donaghy,James. =Kane,James =Dougherty,Philip =Dickey,William =M''Laughlin,D\\\Bessbrook Patterson,Alexander/Sr.=Patterson,Alexander/Jr. =Hopkin,James\\\Lorttel Dick,Joseph/Sr. =Dick,Joseph/Jr.\\\Derryoh =Hopkins,James\\\Ballymultree. Hopkins,George\\\Tyrglanen =Cochran,Andrew=Cochran,Alex/Jr. =Cochran,James +Doll =Cochran,William =Cochran,John.=\\\Drinnurer. Dickey,Robert\\\Moymelmurray =Dickey,T.\\\ Ballmuldress Orr,George =Orr,John =Orr,Robert =\\\+Jamnadore =Orr,J.=M''Murdy,John\\\BovaghLecky,John/G. =Orr,Alexander\\\Cloony =Cannon,Patrick =M''Hollen,Pat\\\\Gortimore =Dougherty,P. =M''Loughlin,John =Gilliand,James=Cramsay,W.\\\
[Lenamore?]=Lerrymore =Miscimme,James=M''Kinny,Henry =Scott,James\\\

25 Jul 1799; Fanny Moody, Spin, married Joseph Sentell, Bach, Note T.Moody is one of the sureties.note;'at home-promised to bring Sentell others in ye county married F.Mood year...relation believe sister'.Canada
6 Nov 1799;Sarah Moody,Spin, married William Dove,Bach, Co-signed Thomas Moody.Canada

Place Names of Co. Down
Clover Hill--Kilkeel--29: 31/16---hill overlooking Kilkeel River, 2km N of Kilkeel

1799 John Moody ,married 14 Jul 1799, Belfast Antrim, Mary Betty Shaw ,[ LDS FILM NO 7223548]
15 Feb. 1799----+Donaghadee.congregation. character Christian teacher scholar sympathy =M''Minn,Wm/Mr.
died +Newry 5 illness =Moody,Boyle/Rev. paster Protestant Dissenting

15 Sept 1800;John"Terius"Moody,bach, married Mary Tidmarch,spin. Nova Scotia,Canada.

William Moody Residence:
Town: Colerain
County/Colonial: Ireland Manchester Residence:
Address: Newtown Limavady
&Nbsp;Town: Colerain
&Nbsp;County/Colonial: Ireland Other: 1801-1825

Thomas Moody ,married 1 Dec 1802 Shelburn St George & St Patrick, Canada, Ann Rhyley, [LDS M510041

John Moody, born abt 1803,Occ Blacksmith of Castle St Townparks Ballymoney, died 7 Oct 1871, married Jane Cathcart born abt 1837,their children baptism at 1st Ballykelly Presbyterain Church;John Cathcart Moody born 1837, Jane Moody born 1843, Joseph Moody born 1846, John Moody born 1868, Jane Moody married John Leslie Knox at Ballykelly in 1869.

Londonderry Volinteers
5 Nov 1803, WILLIAM MOODY jur, Limavady NI.[C]

Tyrone Supplementary Corps
29 Aug 1803 JOHN MOODY, Drumleglass,
3 Oct 1810 John Moody, Baronscourt, [L]

1804 Ship "Eagle" From Belfast to New York 10/3/1804
Anthy McMordy, 44yrs, 6-0, Farmer , Banbridge
John McMurdy, 30yrs, 5-7, Farmer, Banbridge

1804-Lisraw, Co Armagh Marriage Settlement James Moody,

1805 LONDONDERRY VOLUNTEERS 1805 MUSTER ROLL, War office 14/10/1805. A list of the offices of the Gentlemen & Yeamanry Calvalry & Volunteer Infantry of the eleveth edition. C.Roworth, printer, Bellyard, Temple Bar, London.

Captain William Moody jur, 5/11/1803 ,Newtown Limavady

1805 Tyrone Supplementary Corps 1805 /Tyrone Legion/ Central Battalion

John Moody, 29/8/1803, Drumlegass
John Moody, 3/10/1810, Lieutenant, Baronscourt

1805 Bithiah Moody born 12 Mar 1772 Dublin ,Chri 29 Mar 1772 Dublin Presb, father John Moody

to be continued at later dated
hope everyone has fun with this and can find out info from this which l am not able to check because records are all over the place and l,m in Australia and cannot get to the PRONI and other places to check them out.

Debbie

Re: John MOODY of Co. L'derry who had sons William and Robert - Limavady links etc.

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 5:40AM GMT
Hi everyone,
A follow up from other info,all l hope is that it is able to help people out,

1805 Bithiah Moody born 12 Mar 1772 Dublin ,Chri 29 Mar 1772 Dublin Presb, father John Moody
Married 30 Nov 1805 Dublin [LDS FILM NO 100238]............................///////
Joseph Glenny

From Ballykelly Presbyterian Chuch - Co Londonderry
2 Apr 1810, Andrew Moody of Farlow a son born to Robert Moody .

HUGH COCHRAN[E], born 23 Sept 1810, died 31 Jul 1878
Married
Sarah McCully, born 22 Jun 1813, died 2 Jul 1912 Coleraine NI
THEIR CHILDREN
David Rankin, born 25 May 1845 died 27---
Married 29 Dec 1869 Canada
Rachel Rebecca Moody, born 13 Sept 1836 , died 22 Feb 1910
Immigrantion 1841 Nova Scotia Canada with family

Ship,"BELLONA",Departed Londonderry to Philadelphia
Arrived 27 Aug 1811
George Moody, [Steerage].

1811 James Moody ,Married 29 Oct 1811 Dublin , Mary Greer---[LDS FILM NO 100238]

British Aliens in US during the War 1812----------Pennsylvania
John Moody, 24yrs, in US ,since 5 Oct 1801, wife, Oxford, Phila. Co Labourer[1 Sept 1814].
John Moody,23yrs, in us, since, 22 Sept 1810, 92 Spruce St., printer [22 Mar 1813].

1813 John Moody born 25 Jan 1813, Christen 17 Feb 1813 Dublin Presb, father James Moody.

1813-20 FREEHOLDERS LIST FOR BARONY OF LOWER ORIOR CO ARMAGH
William Moody, Liseraw, Armagh,

1816 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO ARMAGH
John Moody,Liseraw, Landlord William Acton, Armagh

6 Jun 1816
Freeholder Thomas McMullen, Abode Ballyreagh, Landlord Willian Hannah[Acton], Value 40s, names of lives other Tenure Thomas & James McMullan &

Freeholder Registered
6 Jun 1816
William Moody,Res Liseraw, Place Ballyreagh Armagh,Value House & Land 40, Freeeholders name John Poole, Name of Lives or other Tenure, Thomas Poole, WILLIAM MOODY, John Allen, .

Freeholder Registered
6 June 1816.
William Moody,Res Liseraw, Place Acton, Barony Ballyragh, Value Houses 20,
William Moody,Lisseraw, Landlord Mr Brownlow, Acton

Freeholder Registered
6 Jun 1816
Freedolder Janes Waddlw, Abode Ballreagh, Landlord William Hannah Esq, Value 40s, House & Land, name of lives or other Tenure James Waddle, Samuel Gamble, JAMES MOODY,

Freeholder Registered
6 Jun 1816
Freeholder James McComb, Abode Carrickhrack, Landlord William Hannah Esq, Value 40s, names of lives or other Tenure John McComb Wm Christian & WILLIAM MOODY.

1816 December,15th, Ballymoney old Churchyard Headstone Survey
Hopkins William, age 54. died 1816
Hopkins Mary, age 73. daug of Robert & Jane died 1 feb 1898
Hopkins Catherine, age 25 " " " died 11 may 1851
Hopkins Jane ,age 75 " " " died 23 sept 1897
Hopkins Marianne,age 69 " " " died 30 dec 1899
Hopkins Robert, age 74 son " " died 16 dec 1902
Hopkins Willian John,age 49 " " " died 5 june 1886

1816 Robert Moody ,born 5 May 1816,,Camus Tyrone NI, Parents James Moody& Catherine Graham,[LDS FILM NO C700201]
1816 Elizabeth Ann Moody, born 29 Feb 1816, Christen 10 Aug 1816 Dublin Presb, father James Moody

1816 SHIP 'HANNAH" from Dublin to New York
James Moody, of Armagh NI

17 Aug 1816,Ship" Charlotte",Arrived Philadelphia, Departed Londonderry, [no age listed]

1816-Alexander Alexander, married 1816 Dromore, Co Down, NI, to Mary Gracey,[LDS FILM NO 824282].

1817 John Moody, born abt 1817, Londonderry NI.

11 Aug 1817
Freeholders Registered
Freeeholder John McConnell, Abode Tanragee, Landlord Mr Sparrow, Value 10, House & Land, Place Ballymore, name of lives or other Tenture Prince Edward, James Johnson Myors, J.moody.

11 Aug 1817
Freeholders Registerd
Freeeholder Greoge Whaley, Abode Tullhue, Landlord Mr Sparrow,Value 40s, House & Land, name of lives or other Tenure Prince Edward, James Johnson Myors, J MOODY.

26 Sept 1817
Freeholders Registered
Freeholers name William Shanks, Abode Tullnacross, Landlord Hannah William[Aclon], Value 40, House & Land, name of lives or other tenure William Shanks, John Allen WILLIAM MOODY.

A Release of Roman Catholic families preparing to emigrate from the counties of Carlow and Wexford in the insuing Spring — dated (New) Ross, 29th November 1817
George Moody 4[4people]+[f farmer]
These lists of Protestant and Roman Catholic emigrants from counties Carlow and Wexford intending to emigrate to British America (via Quebec) list only the head-of-household, with the numbers of persons within each family group. The lists were compiled at the end of November 1817 and indicated the intention of those entered, to sail in the Spring of 1818 . . . as of that date. Some may have decided against emigration and others may have decided to be included. The condition of the filmed lists make some names difficult to decipher (eg. folds in paper) but every endeavour has been made to accurately record the names.

2nd Oct 1818
Freeholders Registered
Freeholders name John Tarrel, Abode Taudragee, Landlord Lady Sparrow, Value 40s, name of lives or other Tenure King, & JOHN MOODY.

2 Oct 1818
Freeholders Registered
Freeholder John Murphy, Abode Tandragee, Value 40s, Situation Tullhue, names of lives or oither Tenure George the Third, & JOHN MOODY.

2 Oct 1818
Freeholders Registered
Freeholder John M'Connell, Abode Tandreagh, landlord Miss Sparrow, Value 40s, Situation Ballymore, name of lives or other Tenure Prince Edward James Johnson Myors, J MOODY.

19 Nov 1818
Freeholders Registered
Daniel Whaley, Abode Tullyhue, Landlord Miss Sparrow, Value 40s,names of lives or other Tenure JOHN MEODY, Prince Edward

John Moody ,married 4 Nov 1818 Halifax, Isabella Moore [LDS 8703601]

1818 Frances Moody born 31 Jan 1818,Christen 6 Mar 1818 Dublin Presb, father James Moody.

1819 Bithiah Moody, born 1 Jan 1819, Christen 10 Sept 1819 Dublin Presb, father James Moody.

21 May 1819
Registered Freeholds
Freeholder David Cunningham, Abode Rathconwell, Landlord Major Close, Value 40s, House & Land, Name of lives or other Tenure WILLIAM MOODY, William Patterson, John Brown.

12 July 1819 "ENROUTE"
Moody Rachel b: July 1819 in onboard ship enroute, of Maine, Altantic Ocean fron Ireland spouse:Sampson, Joseph
Sampson, Joseph d: 1868 spouse:Moody Rachel

10 July 1819 "MALSHAM" Shipping Info"
MALSHAM- 9th trip up, Quebec to Montreal
No 99 Mathew Moody XX-/10/--/10/-

1820 FREEHOLDERS LIST FOR CO ARMAGH
Nathaniel Moody, Tullyhappy, Landlord Miss Sparrow, Armagh, N
Nathaniel Moody, " " Lady Sparrow Armagh, Y
Nathaniel Moody, " " Lord Mandeville, Armagh, N
John Moody, Lissraw, Landlord Major Close, Armagh, N
John Moody, Liseraw, " " " " Y
John Moody, Liseraw, Landlord Maxwell Close, Armagh, N

27 May 1820
Nathaniel Moody , Res Tullyhappy, Landlord Lord Mandevill, lives same, + 1826.

John Adamson, Res Tandragee, Landlord Lord Mandevill, Value 40s, Lives Duke of Kent, JOHN MOODY, Princess Charlotte.

Freeholder John Adamson, Res Tandragee, Landlord Miss Sparrow, Value 40s, House & Land, name of lives or other Tenure Prince Edw, IV,Son to King Geo.111., JOHN MOODY & Princes Charlotte.

29 Sept 1820
Freeholders Registered
Freeholder JOHN MOODY, Res Lisraw,Value 40s, land lord Maxwell Close, House & Land, names of life or lives or other Tenure JOHN & JOHN & ROBERT MOODY

29 Sept 1820
Freeholders Registered
William Moody, Lisraw, for ever,

William Moody , of Roe House, Londonderry, NI
married Londonderry NI,
Jane Alexander, of Newtown Limavady, NI.
Children; Lesley Alexander, 18 Sept 1818,Newtown Limavady, NI [Immigrated 1847 to NSW ,Australia].
Anne, born abt ?,Limavady, NI

Simpson & Maxwell of Armagh

Lesley Alexander,born 1825 of Newtown, Limavady. Died 20 feb 1860, .
Married
Anne Simpson of Armagh
Children;
John Alexander of N.T.L,. Died 4 Jan 1854 [72yrs] Buried N.T.L,.
he Married
Margaret,daug, of Samuel Maxwell of Armagh. Died 6 Oct 1837. Buried Limavavdy
Their children;
1-Jane Alexander , married Edward Frederick Christian Ritter of St Kilds, Melbourne, Born Breslau, Gremany[now of Roe Park,Limavady, Northern Ireland
2-Samuel Maxwell Alexander of Roe Park; born 1834,died 1886.Admon. of will to sister Jane Ritter.married Henrietta Constance, daug, of Sir F.W.Heiggate, Bart.
[See Crisp's Visitation of Ireland, Vol 3, pp.69-70.

Lesley Alexander Moody, born abt 1820, South Yarra, Melbourne VIC. 63yrs
married 1878 , Seymour VIC
Agnes"Fanny" FrancesPotts].born 1821
Their Child;
Lesley Stephen Moody, Christen 1850, Christ Church C/E Geelond VIC
Eliza Gould
Their Children;
Lesley Alexander Moody, born 1878 Seymor Vic
Elizt, born 1880 ,Seymor Vic

TITHE APPLOTMENT FOR BELLURY, DESERTOGHILL C.1822
following information from the Tithe book for Desertoghill parish (Pages 1,2 & 3)and thought that it might be of interest. Farm size is
given in acre, rood, perch.
3. Hugh Hopkin (13,0,2)
4. Henry Hopkin (4,2,7)

1822 Mary Moody, born abt 1822, Macosquin Londonderry NI, Died 22 Jun 1900 Fort Madisn I.A --U.S.A.--Buried 1900 Sharon Cemetery Sharon IA
Married [1] William Moran ,21 Sept 1859 Lee County IA,
Married [2] ? McCune.

1822 Isabella Moody, born 30 Jan 1822, Christen 1 Mar 1822 Dublin Presb, father James Moody.

Graveyard Name;Ahoghill Old--County;Antrim--Civil Parish; Ahoghill--Town/Townland;Ahoghill---other Info[Sandstone Headstone].
Erected in memory of William Moody, who departed this life 16th Jan 1823, aged 17mths, also two of his sisters who died in infancy, Jane Moody who died 3rd May 1884,aged 19yrs.

3rd July 1823"NEW SHIFTSURE" Shipping Info
NEW SWIFTSURE-10th trip up, Quebec to Montreal, 3rh July 1823
John Moody & Friend x-/10/--/10- to Champlain

Margaret Moody ,Christen 25 Jan 1822 Annapolis Wilmot, Canada, Parent /Sophia Moody
[LDS C510041]

14 Jul 1823
Freeholders
William Moody, Res Glassdrummond & Lisraw, Landlord Maxwell Close, Value 40s, Lives for ever, Registry Pointpass.

14 Jul 1823
Freeholders
John Moody, Res Lisraw, Value 40s, Lives John Moody ,John & Robert Moody,.Registry Pointpass

14 Jul 1823
Freeholder
James Waddle, Res Ballyreagh, landlord Maxwell Close Esq, Lives James Waddle, Samuel Gamble, JAMES MOODY.

14 Jul 1823,Freeholders
William Shank, Res Tullynacross, Landlord Major Close, Value 40s, Lives William Shanks, John Allan, WILLIAM MOODY. Registry Pointpass.

14 Jul 1823 ,Freeholder
James Convery, Res Tedunagh, Landlord Maxwell Close Esq, Value 40s, Lives James Convery, Samuel M'Connell, J MOODY.Regsited Pointpass.

14 July 1823
Freeholders
Thomas POOL jun, Res Ballyreagh, Landlord Maxwell Close Esq, Value 40s, names of lives or other Tenure Thomas Pool, WILLIAM MOODY, John Allen.

10 Dec 1823
Freeholders
John Moody, Res Lisraw, Value 40s, Lives John Moody ,John & Robert Moody,.Registry Pointpass

30th July 1823 "LADY SHERBROOKE' shipping info
13th trip up, Quebec to Montreal, July,30th 1823
39/41 James Moody & wife & one child under 12 years x x 1/5/- 1/5/-

83-90 John Mood & family (of) three persons above 12 & five children under 12 years X X 2/15/- 2/15/-

1823 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO, ARMAGH Landlords Place
William Moody,Glassdrummond, Maxwell Close, Armagh, Candidates N
William Moody, " , Major Close " " Y
John Moody, Liseraw, Maxwell Close Armagh " N + 1826
John Moody " " " " " N
John Moody " " " " " N
John Moody " " " " " N
John Moody " Major Close " " " Y
John Moody " " " " Y
John Moody " Colonel Close " " " N
John Moody " " " " N
William Moody,Glassdrummond & Lisraw,Maxwell Close Armagh " N

29 Apr 1824
Freeholders
Christain Croyir?, Ballyreagh, Landlord Maxwell Close Esq, Value 40s, Lives George Croyier Christain, William Christian, J MOODY,.[Markelhell?].

1824 PIGOT'S DIRECTERY OF IRELAND 1824
Newtownlimavady ,Shop Keepers, Traders & Co
Moody and M'Kissack, Woolen Draper, Main St.
Moody Alex, Watch Maker, Market-St.
Moody William, Distiller , Main St.

Gentry & Clergy
Moody William, Esq, Main St.
Moody William, Esq, Sen, Catherine-Sty

Warrenpoint
Gentry & Clergy
Miss Moody

22 June 1824 " LADY SHERBROOKE" Shipping Info
LADY SHERBROOKE-9th trip up, Quebec Montreal, June 22nd 1824
No 12 A Moody x not come

25 June 1824 "NEW SWIFTSURE" Shipping Info
NEW SWIFTSURE- 10th trip up, Quebec to Montreal, June 25th 1824
No-o 6- A MOODY xx 2/10/-2/10/-

Jun 1824 Freeholder
John Moody jur, Res Lisraw, House & Land, Value 20, [Rejected hot having sufficienct value.

2 Aug 1824
Freeholders
George Moody, Res Crossnacreery, Landlord Willis,Earl of Hillsborough,Value 40s, names of lives or other Tenure George, Robert, & James Moody. Registry 3rd Aug 1824

Mary/Miriam? Moody,married 17 Oct 1824 Annapolis Granville Twp Canada, Robert Young [LDS M584191]

1825 Israel Moody, Aghanloo, Grannagh
William Moody, " , Ballycastle
Solomon Hopkin, Cabragh Townland, Ballymoney
William Hopkin, Ballymoney, Antrin, Drumragh

William Moody Residence:
Town: Newtown Limavady
County/Colonial: CO. Derry
&Nbsp;Ireland London Residence:
Address: Roe House
&Nbsp;Town: Newtown Limavady
&Nbsp;County/Colonial: CO. Derry
&Nbsp;Ireland Other: 1826-1850

1826 INDEX TO TITHE APPLOTMENT BOOK 1823-1838
1826 Mrs_______??Moody Tamlaght Finagan Farlow [1831]
1826 Mr ________??MoodyLdy Drumachose Newtown Limavady [Cath .St]
1826 Mr ________??MoodyLdy " " " [Main St]
1826 William Moody jr Esq Ldy Drumachose Newtown Limavady [Main St South]
1826 William Moody jr Esq Ldy Drumachose Rathbrady Beg [1831]
1826Mr William Moody SR Ldy Drumachose Rathbrady More
1826 William Moody jr Ldy Drumachose Coolefsan
1826 William Moody Sr Ldy Drumachose Colefsan
1832 William Moody Ldy Ballywillin Cloyfinn
1826 Mr Moody, Tamlaghtard McGilligan, Umbra [1831]
1826 John Moody, " " , Cloony [1831]
1826 John Moody, " " ,Lenamore [1831]
1826 Solomon Moody, " " ,Lenamore [1831]
1825 Israel Moody Ldy Aghanloo Grannagh [1831]
1825 William Moody Ldy Aghanloo Ballycastle
1828 Jacob Moody Ldy Balteagh Glebe[1831]
1828 William Moody Ldy Balteagh Terrydremont
1828 John Moody Ldy Dunboe Articlave Lower
1828 John Moody Ldy Dunboe Ballymoney
1826 M Moody Ldy Drumachose Newtown Limavady [Mkt .HO.L]
1826 William Moody jr Esq Ldy Drumachose Ballycrum
1826 William Moody jr Esq Ldy Drumachose Bovally
1826 William Moody jr Esq Ldy Drumachose Deer Park
1827 William Moody Ldy Coleraine Blaugh
1827 William Moody LDY Coleraine Drumadra

INDEX TO TITHE APPLOTMENT BOOK 1823-1838
1830 Mrs________??MoodyArmagh Ballymore Lisraw [1831]
1830 John Moody sen, Armagh Ballymore Lisraw
1830 James Moody Armagh Ballymore Lisraw
1830William Moody Armagh Ballymore Lisraw
1830 John moody jr Armagh Ballymore Lisraw
1830 David Moody Armagh Ballymore Demoan
1832 William Moody Armagh Lisnadill Armaghbreague
1830 William Moody Armagh Ballymore Glasdruman
1830 John Moody jr. Armagh Ballymore Ballyreagh
1835 Nathaniel Moody Armagh Killvey Tullyhappy
1835 Andrew Moody Down Comber Crossnacrievy
1835 George Moody Down Comber Crossnacrievy
1833 James Moody Down Kilmore Clontinaglare
1828 H Moody Tyrone Camus Cashell
1828 John Moody Tyrone Camus Cullyveney
1828 Mathew Moody Tyrone Camus Cullyveney
1828 William Moody Tyrone Camus Cullyveney
1835 Daniel Moody Tyrone Camus Dromore
1828 Robert Moody Tyrone Camus Dundarg
1826 James Moody Tyrone Kildress Kildress
1834 Jas Moody Tyrone Ardstraw Boyturn
1834 Joseph Moody Tyrone Ardstraw Drumlegagh
1834 Mathew Moody Tyrone Ardstraw Drumlegagh
1834 Samuel Moody Tyrone Ardstraw Drumlagagh
1825 John Moody Tyrone Bodoney Upper Castledamph

15 August 1826" LADY SHERBROOKE" Shipping Info
LADY SHERBROOKE" 17th trip up, Quebec to Montreal,15, August 1826
No 43 Mrs. Moody XX-/10/--/10/-

20 Nov 1826
Freeholder
John Moody, Res Lisraw, Landlord Maxwell Close Esq, Value 20, Registry Ballybot?.

1826 Rachel Moody, born Sept 1826 Macosquin Londonderry NI, Died Philadelphia P.A.--Married Robert Chestnut

14 Apr 1826 born, James Moody, Drumachose, Londonderry NI.

6 Jan 1827
Freeholdres
James Waddle,Res Ballyreagh, Landlord Maxwell Colse Esq,lives James Waddle, JAMES MOODY, Samuel Gamble.
-------------

11 Jan 1827 arrived, ship Schooner" SARAH Ann" departed St John New Brunswick Canada,to New York
Jane Moody, 18 yrs, spinster,Origin Irish
film no M237, film roll 9, list no 19
-------------------

18 March 1828 -THE NEWRY COMMERCIAL TELEGRAPH---Newry,Co Armagh & Co Co Down
The Drumbanagher & Acton Ploughing Match took place on the 3rd inst. in a field adjoining the Acton Demesne. Twenty ploughs started, exhibiting by their performance, a truly delightful scene. It was not the least gratifing circumstance to the farmer, to see Maxwell Close, Esq., the worthy landlord, on the ground to inspect and encourage his numerous tenantry. The successful candidates were --$.S.D.
4 Mr John Moody, set Plough Harness, 1 10 0
7 Mr James Moody, Winkers & Reins, 0 15 0

1829 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO ARMAGH
John Moody,Liseraw, Landlord Lord Mandeville, Armagh, N- value 10.18 jun 1829
John Moody, " " M Close, " N-Value 20, 18 Jun 1829.house & land
John Moody, " " " " " N-value 10,registed.Jun 1829
John Moody jur " " " " N-value 10, 18 Jun 1829 for lives of John & Robert Moody
John Moody jur " " " " N-value 10,24 jun 1829 for lives of John Moody jur.
John Moody " " " " " N

1829-1832 FREEHOLDERS CO TYRONE----No 1016--Tuesday,May 19, 1829
Samuel Maxwell, Tamlaght "Omagh
John Hemphill, Ganvahan "Ganvahan
Charles Hemphill, Luremore"Luremore
Joseph Hemphill, "" ""
Charles Hemphill, "" ""
James Hemphill, "" ""

Co, Tyrone
Mathew Moody, Drumlegagh “ Drumlegagh--Tuesday, June 30, 1829
Samuel Moody, Drumlegagh “ Drumlegagh-Tuesday, June 30, 1829-
Mathew Moody, Drumlegagh “ Drumlegagh --Vol. XX. - No. 24. Tuesday, June 14, 1831.
Samuel Moody, do “ do--Vol. XX. - No. 24. Tuesday, June 14, 1831

1830 Margaret Moody, born abt 1830 Macosquin Londonderry NI.-Died Phildalphia P.A ---.U.S.A.

Thomas Moody, married 4 Jan 1831 Annapolia Granville Twp, Elenor Phinney, [LDS 7708311]

1831 ARMY DESERTS [1828-1840] Armagh Northern Ireland
Joseph Moody, 1831

1831 Census-Moodys of Magilligan
Tamlaghtarde
Solomon Moody ,18 ,Lenymore
1 m, 2 f, 3 pres

William Moody Esq 3 Umbro
2 m, 5 f, 2 f servants
2 e.c., 2 r.c, 5 pres

Messers Tyler Cather Moody 4 Umbra
4 f,
3 e.c, 1 pres

John Moody 3 Carnoury? this is probably carnowry
3 m, 3 pres

John Moody 6 Cloony
8 m, 3 f, 1 f servant
1 r.c, 11 pres

AGHANOLOO
Israel Moody Grannagh
4 m , 3 f , 7 pres
Second hand info ;Israel & Elizabeth children were all born in AGHLANOO & registed in near by Presby church of Magilligan,now merged with Limavady Londonderry, Northern Ireland.]

1831 CENSUS-DUNBOE, CO, LONDONDERRY
Moody Andy 19 Ballymoney, 4 1 5 4 1 1 11 11
Moody James 31 Altybryan 11 1 2 3 5 5
Moody William 26 Dunboe 24 1 2 3 5 5

CENSUS INDEX IRELAND 1831-1841
Moody Andy Dunboe pg 019
Moody Alexander Dungiven pg 027
Moody Alexander Dungiven Ballyness pg 027
Moody Cathert Tamlaghtarde pg 022
Moody Cecila Coleraine pg 029
Moody Daniel Macasquin pg 018
Moody Elizabeth Aughadowey pg 064
Moody Israel Ahanloo pg 004
Moody Jacab Balteagh pg 019
Moody James Ballyanghran pg 008
Moody James Ballyanghran pg 008
Moody James Dunboe pg 031
Moody James Dunboe pg 031
Moody Jane Tamlathfinlegan pg 060
Moody John Macasquin pg 008
Moody John Famlaghtarde?, Lenamore pg 009
Moody John Tamlaghtards pg 009
Moody John Macasquin pg 009
Moody John pg 012
Moody John Dromachose, Newtown limavady pg 012
Moody John Drumachose pg 012
Moody John Glendermet pg 014
Moody John Glendermet Parish pg 014
Moody John Famlaghtarde Carnoury pg 023
Moody John Lamlaghtarde pg 023
Moody John Famlaghtarde Cloony pg 024
Moody John Lamlaghtarde pg 024
Moody John Coleraine pg 031
Moody John Macasquin pg 039
Moody John Macasquin pg 057
Moody John [2] Drumachose pg 012
Moody Joshua Drumachose Newtown Limavady pg 015
Moody Joshua Drumachose Newtown Limavady pg 015
Moody Mathew Macasquin pg 039
Moody Molly Dromachose Newtown Limavady pg 007
Moody Molly Dromachose Newtown Limavady pg 007
Moody Mr Famlaghtarde Umbae pg 022
Moody Mrs Dromachose Newtown Limavady pg 017
Moody Mrs Drumachose pg 017
Moody Robert Macasquin pg 035
Moody Robert Aughadowy pg 064
Moody Solomon Famlaghtarde Lenamore pg 009
Moody Solomon Lamlaghtarde pg 009
Moody Thomas Macasquin pg 008
Moody Widow Tamlathfinlegan pg 060
Moody William Ballywellan pg 001
Moody William Drumachose pg 001
Moody William Drumachose Newtown Limavady pg 002
Moody William Dromachose Newtown Limavady pg 004
Moody William Drumachose pg 004
Moody William Dunboe pg 026
Moody William Dunboe Half pg 026
Moody William Macasquin Macasquin pg 039
Moody William Drumachose pg 049
Moody William Drumachose Rathbradybeg pg 049
Moody William Esq Dromachose Newtown Limmavady pg 003
Moody William Esq Drumachose pg 003
Moody William Esq Famlaghtarde Umboe pg 022
Moody William Esq Lamlaghtarde pg 022
Moody William Green Balteaght pg 028
Moody William Sen Esq Dromachose Newtown Limavady pg 008

INTERNATIONAL LAND RECORDS;TITHE APPLOTMENT BOOKS, 1823- 1838
McMordie Richard, Down, Dromore - 1834
" Robert, " " - 1834
" " " " - 1834
McMourtry Alex, Antrim, Loughguile 1832
McMuntry William, Antrim, Ballynure 1833
McMurdie Dr ??? , Amagh, Mullaghbrok/Kilcloony, 1834
" " " " " " " [may have had a place in both of these places]
McMurdie Robert, Down , Dromore, 1834
" " " , Magheralin, 1843
" " " , " , "
" " " , Saintfield, 1834
McMurdy, Francis, Down , Kilmore, 1833
" , Frans, " , Magheradrool, 1834
" , Hans, " , Seapatrick, 1828
" , James, " , Kilmore, 1833
" , John, " ,Seapatrick, 1828
" , Robert, " ,Dromore, 1834
" , Rose, LDY ,Ballyscullion, 1828
" , Thomas, Armagh ,Grange, 1832
MCMurkery,Alex, Tyrone , Artrea, 1825
" Wid??, Tyrone ,Artrea, 1825

1831-1835 THE ORDNANCES SURVEY MEMOIRS [Vol 11] Page 83;
"At the Umbra, a townland at the foot of the precipice of Binevenagh, there are three small cottages, built by the late Dr Tyler and the Messers Moody and Cather of Newtown Limavady, Whose families occasionally reside there in summer for the benefit of the sea bathing".

1831-1835 THE ORDNANCES SURVEY MEMOIRS [Vol 11] Page 85;
'There are also several other good but small houses in the Parish of Magilligan, the most important of which is Catle Lecky, the residence of Mrs Lecky. It is situated near the juncyion of the upper and lower roads on the east side of the former. Its situation at the base of Binevenagh is retired and commands a fine view of the flat grounds of the parish, the sea, Lough Foyle and the Irishowen mountions".

1831-1835 asabove ;Page 101;
"Gentleman's Seats
Castle Lecky, the country residence of Averil Lecky Esquire".
note by Louise Lewis; I played there as a child with a boy called David Drenan. The house is now demolised. Almost opposite where this house was are the ruins of a farm house. This is propably GORTMORE HOUSE. Averell Lecky Esq who died in 1834 lived there. A Henry Lecky was to be left a legacy of 1000 by mr g grandfather in his draft will of 1882 but not in his later will. possibly a relative???.

1832 FREEHOLDERS LIST CO ARMAGH
John Moody jur, Lisraw, value 20, Landlord Colonel Close ,Armagh, N---9 Nov 1832
John Moody sen, Lisraw, value 20, landlord Colonel Close, Armagh, 3 nov 1832
Andrew Moody, Green St, Carpenter Antrim, Y
James Magennis, Mullhead, Landlord Lord Maudville, Value 10, for lives John & Robert Moody, -7 Nov 1832

Moses Moody, born 16 Jul 1832 Canada? ,Spouse; Polly Bogue. [LDS 6020423]

William Henry Moody, married 29 Sept 1833, Christ Church Shelburn Canada Katherine Skinner Crowell, [LDS M534152]
Christopher Orr, Christen 7 Jul 1833 Kings Crnwallis St John's Anglican, parents James Orr & Elizabeth [LDS J5344101]

1833- TITHE APPLOTMENT BOOK FOR AGHADOWEY PARISH CO, LONDONDERRY, IRELAND
NUMBERS AFTER NAMES ARE ACRES

Aghadoey: Curtis and James Hemphill (71); James Cochran ( 8); Hemphill, Hunter and McFarland (28); Wm Williamson and James Cochran (12);
Ballybritten; James Wilson,Esq ( 95); Mrs. Hemphill, Hunter and McFarland (25);
Ballydivitt; Andrew Orr Esq (18); Mr John Adams ( 17);
Ballynacally Beg; Messrs. Maxwell, Curry and Piper (50);
Ballywillen; Mr. Curtis Hemphill (24); messrs. Hemphill (3);
Carrenroe; Robert Cochran (9); William Cochran(9);
Crevalea; Andrew Hemphill (7); Messrs Hemphill and Hunter and McFarland (34);
Drumsteeple; John McMurtie (12); Widow McMurtie(7); David McMurtie (7); Killykergan; Robert Rankin( 3);
Lisbuoy; Thomas Rankin (41); John Rankin( 32);John Rankin sen, (7):
Mullahinch; John Cochran,sen ( 10); John Covhran jrn, (g);
Mullinabrone; Samuel Alexander ( 11);
Shanlogford; William Cochran (5); Thomas McCurdy (38); James McCurdy (24);

1834-1835
EMIGRATION -The following is a list of the number of persons that have emigrated to North America from the parish of AGHADOWEY ,Co Londonderry.
Cochran Andrew, 24 Presbyterian, from Ballinrees to Philadelphia.-1835
Hemphill Hugh, 27 " , from Ballybrittain to " .-1835
Hill William, 25 " , from Bovagh to New York -1835
Jamison James, 40 Established Church,from Mullaghmore to Quebec-1835
Jamison Jane 19 Presbyterian, form Aghadowey to Philadelphia -1834
Jamison Jane 30 Established Church, from Mullaghmore to Quebec-1835
Orr Ann 2 Presbyterian, from Cullycaple to Quebec-1834
Orr Eliza 9 "
Orr Hamish 3 " " " " "
Orr Isabella 7 " " " " "
Orr James 32 " " " " "
Orr Jane 32 " " " " "
Orr Marget 11 " " " " "
Patterson Elizabeth 25, Presbyterian, Clintagh to Philadelphia-1834
Patterson Joseph 6 " " " "
Patterso Mary 2 " " " "
Patterson Richard 4 " " " "
Patterson Samuel 33 " " " "

1833-1834 EMIGRATION- The following is a list of the number of persons that have emigrated from the parish of AGHANLOO
Hopkins John 30 Established Church, from Ballycastle to Quebec 1834
Hopkins Eliza 25 " " " " " "
Hopkins James 10 " " " " " "
Hopkins John jr 8 " " " " " "
Hopkins Matilda 6 " " " " " "
Hopkins William 4 " " " " " "
Hopkins Eliza jr 2 " " " " " "

June 1834--Notes on Place-Names by S.Butler----Origin & meaning of Place-Names
Derivation of the names of townlands of Magilligan or Tamlaghtard parish by S. Butler, minister
Aughill "the field with the high rocks in the end of it"
Bellarena " beautiful sand" ( formerly Ballymaryn " the market town"
Clooney "THE VALLEY FIELD or field of retirement."
Gort " the part of the glebe where clergy put there horses ."
Gortmore " the great fort or glebe common."
Lenymore " the great heathy meadow."
Margymonagham "boggy field market."
Scotchtown" a place of scotch settlers."
Tamlaght "the burying place"( gives names to the parish Tamlaght Ard being " the high burying place").

24 Jan 1834ship "BRIG SUSANNAH" form Greenock Scotland , arrived New York [origin,Great Britian, Steerage passengers]
Robert Moody,54 yrs, Occ farmer,
Helen Moody, 56 yrs
Jean Moody, 23 yrs
Alex Moody, 21 yes.

1835 ,May 28th --PREVAILING NAMES
The most prevailing names in the parish is Doherty and McLaughlin. These are Irish settlers and came to this parish in the capacity of herds and servants to the English settlers. The Irish settlers came from Inishowen. Doherty means" Oak habitation." From William Flemming, John Forsyth, Rev.S.Butler and JOHN MOODY, 28 May 1835, (Signed) John Bleakly.

James Israel Moody, born 28 Mar 1835 Annapolis Granville Twp Canada-parents Thomas Moody & Elenor Phinney,[ LDS 7708311

14 Jul 1835 Arrived , Ship"Brig Philetus", Port New York, Depated Londonderry, Origin Ireland.
_________? Moody ,F
_________? Moody, U
William Moody, 25yrs, born abt 1810,NI?.

Irish Records Extraction Database
William Fisher, married 1835 at Drumachose Co. Londonderry, NI.to Elisa Hopkins. [LDS film no 824282].

12 Sept 1836 born, Adam Gifford Moody, Drumachose Londonderry NI

1837 CHURCH RECORDS FOR TAMLAGHTARDE C OF I
Church repairs 30th March 1837
James H Moody
John Moody

3 Oct 1837 Marriage, Drumachose,Co Ldy, NI, Mary Moody and Hugh Lane.[LDS FILM NO 824282].

Lois Moody,born 22 Mar 1837 Annapolis Granville Twp Canada, parents Thomas Moody & Elenor Phinney, [LDS 7708311]

Nathan Schofield, born 23 Mar 1808 Horton King's NS, Married 4 Nov 1873 Black River-Wolfville, Kings NS. Margaret Moody, born 1837.

Atlantic Port, Gulf Coast, & Great Lakes Passenger
Jul-Sept 1837, departed Ireland, arrived Passamoquoddy, ME.[Maine]
William Moody, 60 yrs, Occ Lab, Origin Ireland,
Mary Moody, 46 yrs, Origin Ireland
+
John Moody, 32 yrs, Occ Lab
Date 1833- 4/1 - 6/30
Ship NA
Departed Ireland, Origin Ireland to Passamoquoddy, ME [Maine]
+
William Moody,28 yrs,Origin Ireland & Jacob Moody, 24 yrs,Origin Ireland
Date 1832 10/1 - 12/31
Ship NA
Origin Ireland to Arrived Passamoquoddy, ME[Maine]

Ship "MERSEY" Departed Londonderry, to Philadelphia
20 Oct 1838
James Moody, 40yrs, farmer, Ireland [1 chest, 2 boxes].
Mrs " , 38yrs, "
Child " , 3mths

April 1838 --Productive Economy Tables for lower Cumber by Captain J.E.Portlock, April 1838-----Distribution of Land;
Ballynamore, proprietor Leslie Alexander Esq, tenure 3 lives, 72 years and at will;
Crossballycormick, proprietor, Leslie Alexander Esq, tenure 3 lives and 72 years;
Fawney, proprietor, Leslie Alexander Esq, tenure 3 lives and 72 years;
Killenan, proprietor, Leslie Alexander Esq, tenure 3 lives 72 years;

James Moody, year of record 1839-41
Source/Event Entries from the Crown Land Office, Chatham [Kent County]Ontario, 1839-41
Ref;Transcribed from original document held in collection of the National Archives of Canada [Ottawa];RG 1, L7, vol. 98.

James Moody, year of record 1842, Source/Event; Return of the number of persons who have formed themselves into Associations, and applied to purchase Crown Land for Settlement, under the credit System, during the year 1842 [New Brunswick]. dated at the Crown Land Office 13 Dec 1842, Thomas Baill
Ref National Library of Canada; Irish University Press Series of British Parliamentry papers-- Correpondence Relative to Emigration; Colonies Canada, volume 16, page 542-544.

EARLY NEW YORK NATURALIZATIONS COURT OF COMMON PLEAS
Moody William of 6,Commerce St, Subj. of G.B., Rec by Thomas Moody, of 30__________?,Street.- 28 Oct 1840[75].

24 Nov 1840,Patrick Moody, of Port Joli, married Jane Sand Martin [in Queens Canada].

1840 FREEHOLDERS LIST FOR CITY LONDONDERRY
Mathew Hemphill, Garvagh year Value $10
James Rankin, Garvagh year value $10
David Rankin, Inchasen, year value $10
James Alexander, Newtownlimavady year value $50
William Cochran, " year value $ 20
Alex Hopkins, Stradreagh year value $10
Marus Hopkins, Bolea year value$10
Robert Hemphill, Tartuakelly Year value $10
John Hemphill, Culmore year value $ 10
Alexander Hopkins, Carrymuddle year value $10
Samuel Love, Newtownlimavady year value $20
William Moody, " year value $50
William Moody " year value $50
James Alexander,Bishop's St Suburbs of Ldy $20
Patrick Mahon, Londonderry years value $10
James Mahon, city Derry year value $20
Hugh Cochran,Kiltinney years value $20
John Warnock, Logurstown year value $10
William Warnock, Kilgrain year value $10
Clement Lecky,Castle Lecky year value $20
William Warnock,Kilmanus Faney year value $20
Matthew Moody, Kullyvenny year value $10
John Rankin, Drumaquill year value $10
William Rankin,Newtownlimavady year value $10
John Shannon, Derrybeg year value $10
Samuel Shannon, ? year value $20
Dan Moody, Kilrea year value $10
Thomas Lecky, Newtownlimavady year value $50
Conolly Lecky,Ldy year value $50
John Cochran,Coleraine year value $50
Alex Alexander,Newtownlimavady year value $50
Rev Nath Alexander,Armagh year value $50
Robert Alexander,Dublin year value $50
William Cochran ,Newtownlimavady year value $20
William Moody,Farloe year value $ 50
Abraham Hopkins,Carrymuddle Ldy year value $10

Arrived 20 Aug 1841,Boston Mass, ship" NORTH AMERICA" Departed St George, New Brunswick NOVA SCOTIA,
Rachel Moody, 25 yrs, Ireland
James Moody, 6 yrs "
Baiby? " , 5 yrs, "
Mary " , 1 yr, "

1841 Ship "EUROPE"-Departed Livepool"Livepool" -place of origan "IRELAND"arrived New York 25/1/1841
Elizabeth Moody, 43 yrs
William Moody 19 yrs
Elizabeth Moody 17yrs
Robert Moody 13 yrs
John Moody 10 yrs
James Moody 10 yrs
Margaret Moody 7 yrs
Rachel Moody 4 yrs [Baptism listed in Magilligan Presby Church,now Limavady Presby Church].[said Mildred].

James Moody 45 yrs [was on the same boat as the above moody's
Hannah Moody 21 yrs

Ship"Sylvanus Jenkins",Arrived 6 Dec 1841, Port New York, Departed Livepool, Origin Ireland,
Thomas Moody, 32yrs,// Selena Moody 26yrs,/// Mary Ann Moody, 6yrs,/// Martha Moody, 2yrs,/// Maria Moody, ?yrs??

21 Dec 1841 Elizabeth Moody of Port Joli, married Christopher Blueberry Wagner [in Queens Canada].

8 May 1841 ,ISRAEL MOODY, Ship "Boston"Origin U.S.A., 27yrs, port of arrival Boston, Occ farmer,[born abt 1814].
[To young to be, Israel Moody born 1788?????????.]

1843 BELFAST /ULSTER STREET DIRECTORY
Moody, Mrs., 64 Great George's St

1844 Belfast Newsletter
Abraham James Hopkins Moody-Gortmore House,Magilligan to Elizabeth Shannon, married 12 Jan 1844.

24 Oct 1844 Thomas Moody,of Port Joli, married Sarah McIntosh, of Port Joli.[in Queens Canada]
---

1846 Isabella Mudie ,married 31 Aug 1846,at Donacavey,Tyrone, James Orr, [LDS FILM NO M70629]
1846 Mary Mooty,married 5 Oct 1846 Kilrea Londonderry, John Gamble [LDS FILM NO M701622]
1846 Fanny Moody ,married 1846 Edenderry NI, Samuel Moore, [LDS FILM NO M701625]

1846 SLATERS DIRECTORY OF IRELAND 1846
Ballymoney
John Moody, Blacksmith, Castle-St

Coleraine, & Co Nobility Gentry & Clergy
Abraham James Hopkins Moody, Grocer, 14 Bridge-St

Newry, Milliners & Dressmaker
Rebecca Moody, William-St

Newtownlimavady
Mrs Mary Moody, Roe-Mill House

Banks, Belfast Banking Co, [Branch Main-St]
Mr Thomas Moody, Manager

Shinfield, Shopkeepers & Traders
George Moody, Linen & Woolen Draper & Habadasher

1847 Ballymoney outdoor register
Mary Hopkin, Ballymoney, dated relieved 1847

Brig Brazilian
Ballyshannon, Ireland to Boston, Massachusetts
26 July 1847 [* Departure port written Bullyshamon, but is probably Ballyshannon, in County Donegal, Ireland]
16* Sarah Mo?day 20 female servant
#16 surname could be spelled Mouday or Monday
-------------

Ship"Marion" ,Arrived 12 Apr 1847, New York, Departed Londonderry NI
Origin Ireland
Hopkins Moody, 24yrs, born 1823 ,son to John Moody & Mary Hopkin, of Gortmore House.
Robert Moody, 20yrs, born 1827, parent are ________________???????????
----------------
1847---Loss of the steamer "Tweed," and Seventy-two lives
List of Passengers & crew lost in the Royal Mail Steamer "Tweed" 12 Feb 1847.
J. MOODY.
-----------------

Ship"John Ravenel", Arrived 20 Apr 1847, Port New York, Departed Livepool, Origin Ireland,
James Moody, 24yrs, born 1823
John Moody, 20yrs, born 1827
--------------
11 Sept 1847 arrived ,ship "LAURA", from Dunedin New Zealand to Boston Mass
James Moody 55, from Nova Scotia, stay Nova Scotia
Sarah Moody, 21 yrs, " " " " "

1847 Isabella Moody ,Married 8 Jan 1847 St George North Dublin ,Thomas Kennedy Lowry
1847 John Muddy ,married 27 Feb 1847, St Nicholas Wexford, Ellin Walsh ,[LDS FILM NO 8010730]
1847 Samuel Moody,37yrs[father John] married 30 Dec 1847 Newry ,Mary Ann Craige,[father James].

1847 Williamina Moody ,born 20 Mar 1825,at age 23yrs she, married 30 Dec 1847, Newtown-limavady NI, Valentine Story ,age 30yrs.
Her father was William Moody of Roe House Newtown-Limavady,Co Derry NI

1848 Elizabeth Ann Moody, married 5 Jul 1848 North Dublin, Able William Labertouch
1848 Matty Moody, married 11 Apr 1848 Ballymoney, William Linton
1848 Patrick Moody ,married 1848 Shrabane , Jane Stuart,
1848 Sarah Moody , married 9 Jul 1848 Belfast, John Short

1848? GRIFFITHS VALUATION OF IRELAND- TAMAGHTARD MCGILLIGAN,COUNTY DERRY
Moody James ,Bellarena Tamlaghtard McGilligan Derry
Moody James,Lenamore " " "
Moody John , " " " "
Moody Mary , clooney " " "
Moody Solomon, Lenamore " " "
Moody William , " " " "

COLERAINE
Moody Abraham J, Church St., Coleraine Derry
Moody Joseph, Suburbs, " "

Aghadowey
Moody Robert, Gorran Aghadowey Derry

Clondermot
Moody Joseph, John Rossnagalliagh Clondermot Derry

Drumachose
Moody Thomas Bovally Drumachose Derry
Moody Thomas Carran Drumachose Derry
Moody Thomas Enagh Drumachose Derry
Moody William Main St Newtownlimavady Drumachose Derry

Dunboe
Moody Andrew Ballymoney Dunboe Derry
Moody Thomas Hunters Glebe Dunboe

Errigal
Moody John Main St Garvagh Errigal Derry

Killowen
Moody Andrew J Waterside (part of) Killowen Derry

Macosquin
Moody Hugh G. Farranlester Macosquin Derry
Moody James Dromore " "
Moody John Camus " "
Moody John Coolyvenny " "
MoodyMatthew Ballintaggart " "
Moody Matthew Coolyvenny " "
Moody Thomas Cashel " "
Moody Thomas jr. " " "

Tamlaght Finlaghan
Moody Thomas Farlow Tamlaght Finalghan

1848 GRIFFITHS VALUATION OF IRELAND
John Moody,Ballymoney, Antrim,Enagh
John Moody, " " ,Town Park
John Moody, " " ,Townpark/T/Ballymoney/ Castle
Mattew Moody,Ballymoney,Rasharkin,Antrim,Magheraboy.
Thomas Moody ,BallymoneyFinvoy, Antrim, Tullaghans

Ship,"CREOLE",Departed Londonderry,Arrived Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 Apr 1848
William Moody,65yrs, Lab,Irish, [2 chest, 2 boxes].
William Moody,40 yrs,Lab,Irish
Rachel Moody,35yrs, Spin, Irish
Mary Moody,30yrs,spin,Irish
Eliza Moody,28yrs,spin,Irish
Margaret Moody,spin,25yrs, Irish
James Moody,21yrs,Lab,Irish
Jane Moody,17yrs, spin,Irish

1849 Registrar's District N.T.Limavady ,Marriage solemnized at DERRAMORE in the parish of DRUMASHOSE in the county of DERRY------married---11 May 1849
William Moody ,ful age, Bachalor , Carter,of Baltragh Glebe, father Jacob Moody, farmer
Mary Ann Shirra, ful age, Spinster, of Stradreagh, father John Shirra, farmer
married in DERRAMORE CHURCH, by Licence, [Presbyterian church] by David Lynch
both parties sign, in the presence of John Shirra & Samuel Wallace

1849 Samuel Mootie, married 15 Sept 1849 Portlenone Antrim, Rosanna Shaw, [LDS FILM NO M701992]
1849 Abraham James Hopkins Moody[wid], married 10 Apr 1849 Newtownlimavady, Elizabeth Hopkins.
1849 Biddy Moody, married 1849 Belfast , William Kearns [LDS FILM NO M701992]
1849 Moody [or] Dunn Ellen 37yrs,married 23 Jan 1849 Coleraine NI, James McKee 35yrs, [both married before]
1849 Hannah Williams Moody,married 13 Jul 1849 Belfast NI, John Nugent Hemesley.
1849 Martha Moody,20yrs,married 15 Nov 1849 Coleraine ,William Crawford 28yrs.
1849 William Moody ,married 11 May 1849 Newry NI, Mary Ann Sherra.
1849 William Moody,married 12 Dec 1849 , Mary Ann Marsden.

2 Jul 1849,ship"AZOF", from Londonderry Ireland to New York,
Alexander Moody, 18 yrs, Lab

1849 RAGS TO RICHES 2 - Passengers and Ships
California to Sydney 1849-50
Robert Moody 49-50

1 Oct 1850, ship "STAR OF WEST"Departed Liverpool England, arrived New York
William Moody, 30 yrs, Origin Ireland
Margaret Moody, 28 yrs, " "
Jacob Moody, 15 yrs, " "
Mary Ann Moody, 11 yrs " "
David Moody, 9 yrs, " "
Margaret Moody, born at sea Oct 1850,

8 Nov 1850 arrived,ship "T.P.PERKINS",from pickup Picton Nova Scotia for Boston Mass.
Mr Moody, 25 yrs, farmer U.S
Mrs Moody 21 yrs,
Edward Moody, 2 yrs
James Moody, 1yr
Alex Moody, 23 yrs

1850 July,18th, --Barque Creole---of Londonderry and bound to Philadelphia--18th July 1850
22/ Cath. Moo??* 50 matron 2 boxes, 1 barrel
23/Robert Moo??* 21 Lab,

1851, Census fron old age pension records Northern Ireland
Thomas Moody, 34yrs, [1843], 0258531 , Antrim
Jane " 28yrs, [1843] ,Kilconway
William " son 4yrs, ,Finvoy
Anne Jane " daug 2yrs, [Jane,Claimant, married OWENS],Tullaghans
Abraham " father 67yrs, NA, Widow [born 1784]-[is Abrham James Hopkins Moody named after this man????????].

1850 CHURCH STREET ,UNITED PRESBYTERAIN CHURCH NEW YOUK USA
Henry Hull
27 Dec 1850,
Ellen McKendry[Kennedy]
Witnesses; JAMES MOODY & Mary Bensley

Hugh McClintock
25 Apr 1864
Catherine Moody
Witnesses; JOHN & JAMES MOODY.

same church
Alphabetical Register
Mathew Moody
Martha Moody

Hugh Moody
Isabella Moody
Mary W Moody

John Moody
Agnes Moody
Matthew Moody

same church
Register of Church Members
Hugh Moody ,died 19 Apr 1895
Isabella Moody, died 22 Aug 1887 [wife of Hugh]
Mary W Moody [R]

1866; Mrs Margaret Moody
1866;James Moody
1866;John Moody

Marriage Register 1845-1889---First Garvagh Presbyterian Church
Turner Thomas 21/11/1850 F-b-f Revelands Hill ,father Alex
Parke Anne " F-s-sp Kewrin, ,father Hugh, witnessesWilliam Turner John Moody

12th Jun 1850; SAMUEL MOODY;Sailed on the "SIR EDMUND HEAD" from Livepool to Australia 6th or 12th Jun 1850 [105days] saild 1853 Coleraine to Belfast to sail from Liverpool per the "MARCO POLO" for Melbourne VIC, arrived 20th Jan 1854 [fiche no 61 pg 5].

1850 ;SOLOMON MOODY; arrived "SIR EDMUND HEAD" South Australia, from Melbourne VIC.

20 Nov 1851,arrived,Ship"LYSANDER"[1847-1886 S.A. Passenger List].
John Moody,35 yrs
Mary Moody,26 yrs

22 Jul 1851; JOHN & MARY MOODY; Left Coleraine Ireland 17th Jul 1851 , for Plymouth England sailed on the "LYSANDER" and arrived in Adelaide South on the 20th Nov 1851.

1851, Census fron old age pension records Northern Ireland
Robert Love,Head, NA,1833,[0993100, Londonderry
Elizabeth, " wife, 1833 Tirkeenan
Robert ' " ,son 8yrs, Clondermot
James " ,son 1yr [Claimant] Lisglass

1851 CENSUS MAGERABOY TOWNLAND
Mathew Moody , Head,M, 50YRS,Tailer, Antrim
Nancy Moody, wife,M, 50YRS,Antrim
Margaret Moody, daug,U, 21YRS,LinerWeaver Antrim
Mary Moody, daug,U, 18yrs, Linen Weaver,Antrim
Susan Moody , daug,U,10yrs,at school Antrim
Oeggy Moody ,servant,U,21yrs,LinenWeaver,Antrim

1851 MARRIAGES MORMON RECORDS
Vol 9 p. 329
John Moody, Bachelor ,Farmer, Gortmore , Father John Moody, Farmer
Married at, Margamenaghan Pres Church
Mary Campbell, full years, spinster, of Benone in the presence of A.J.H.Moody and Gavin Craig.

1851 Marriage Broad Lane Meeting House,Drumachose Newtownlimavady
John McCloy,30yrs, bachlor,farmer Tamlagh Finlagram ,father William M'Cloy,farmer[born abt 1821]
married 4 Mar 1851
Martha Ruth Hopkins,19yrs,spinster,Bolea Drumachose,father Mark Hopkins,farmer,mother Fulton[born abt 1832]
Witnessess; Abraham James Hopkins Moody & James Hopkins
Their child; Thomas Henry McCloy, born 4 Jun 1872, Ballykelly NI

1851 KINGS CO,NOVA SCOTIA ,CENSUS INDEX
MOODY ISRAEL ,Placer Sumerset, 004 [[born 1789 NI, Died 1867 Canada]].
COCHRAN HUGH ,Place Lakeville ,017 [[ born NI ,DIED Canada]].

1851 Ireland to Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Moody Catherine Newtowncunningham
Moody John Newtowncunningham
Moody Catherine Newtowncunningham

Passenger List for Envoy, Ireland to Quebec, 1851 Second Voyage
Rankin Mary Ann 2 Limavady
Moody John Cumber Claudy

Ship "Continent"
Liverpool, England to New York 3 November 1851
62* Peter Mooday 30 M Labourer New York US -[62 Mooday or Moody

Envoy 1851 Ireland to Quebec
Hemphill Mary 25 Ballymoney
Moody John Strabane Workhouse
McCloskey Patrick Derry Workhouse

Ship West Point
Liverpool, England to New York 4 November 1851
99 William Moodey 32 Male Labourer England

Ship"Sheela"Arrived 30 Jun 1851 ,New York, Origin Londonderry,
John Moody, 20yrs ///& Magd Moody, 25yrs

28 Apr 1851, ship"North ATLANTIC",Origin Ireland, Departed Livepool England, Destination USA, Arrived New York,
William Moody, 30[36]yrs, born abt 1821[1815]
Martha 30yrs//Henry 5yrs//Richard3yrs// Anne infant//

New York List 1820-1957 Arr,
30 Apr 1852, Origin Irish ,Ship"CHAMPION"
Departed Scotland to New York Origin Ireland.
Joseph Moody,50 yrs,Lab
Mary Moody, 50 yrs
Joseph Moody, 20 or 28yrs,
Andrew Moody,18 yrs
Matilda Moody, 18 yrs
James Moody 18 yrs [are these three twins??????].

Passenger List for Superior, Ireland to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1853
Moody Margaret Coleraine

John William Orr, Christen 27 Jun 1853 King's Cornwallis Twp St John's Anglican , parents Thomas Orr & Ann [LDS J534101]
David Orr, Christen 17 Jul 1853 King's Cornwallis Twp,St John's,parents James Orr & Mary, [LDS J534101]
1853 John Mootie ,married 20 Jun 1853 Portlenone Antrim, Jane Scott, [LDS FILM NO 7121506]
1854 James Mootie ,married 19 Aug Portlenone Antrim, Sarah Scott, [LDS FILM NO 7227608]

20th Jan 1854;Unassited Shipping Index [fiche no 61-pg5], ISRAEL MOODY;left Coleraine via Belfast to sail from Liverpool per the "MARCO POLO" for Melbourne

1854 John Moody died 1854, aged 81 years at Gortmore house, Mary his wife died 5th Oct 1859 at Clooney. Both were buried at St Aiden's mixed graveyard.

David Alexander Orr, Christen 17 Mar 1855 King's Cornwallis Twp St John's Anglican, parents Thomas Orr & Ann, [LDS J534101]
-----
SLATERS DIRECTORY 1846
John Moody, Castle St, Occ Blacksmith
-----

James Edward Moody, born 7Jul 1856 Black Rock Mountain NS, Died 14 Feb 1926 Grafton King's NS, parents Robert Moody & Margaret McNutt.
married 27 Jan 1886 Woodville NS,
Phoebe Amelia Schurman,born 29 Sept 1865 Rodney Cumberland NS, died 20 Dec 1960 Welsford NS.

12th Feb 1857;HENRY BRUCE MOODY & WIFE; Returned to Ireland from Australia sailed "Sir Edmund Head" from Livepool to Australia, 6 or 12 Jun 1850 [105 days], arrived 1st to South Australia+ 1866.

13 Jun 1857,Ship" Underwriter", Departed Livepool England, Origin Ireland, Arrived New York,
William Moody ,47yrs, Lab
Nancy Moody, 42yrs, wife
William Moody, 17yrs, Lab
Catherine Moody, 14yrs, Servant
Jane Moody, 11yrs, // Robert Moody, 8yrs,//Nancy Moody ,5yrs,// Samuel ,2yrs, [next to his name it has June 8th ____?//]

1857 Agnes Moodie ,married 20 Nov 1857,Portglenone Antrim, William Stewart, [LDS FILM NO 7012515]

1857 Immigrants to British Kaffraria in 1857 "LADY KENNAWAY"
Ann Moody 22 years, == Eliza Moody, 20 years, Dublin

ship "EASTERN STATE"arrived 17 Sept 1858 Boston Mass, from Nova Scotia
Henry Moody,27 yrs, single
Miss Moody, 20 yrs, single
Miss Ann? Moody, 18 yrs, single

Elizabeth Moody, born 4 Aug 1825? died 27 Nov 1872 NS Canada
Married 29 Oct, 1858?,Annapolis Wilmot, NS-[LDS FILM NO M510041]
William Patterson,born 19 Oct 1830 ,Bishop Mountain King's NS, Canada, died abt 1879

1858 David & Mark Hopkins ,had 82 acreas in Bolea Ldy, NI.

844 James Moody 14/08/1859 30/08/1859 under £100 Letters of Administration of t... NI

1859 Moody Mary died 5th Oct 1859 AT Gortmore -wife of John Moody of Gortmore.

Percy Moody born abt 1859 Cornwallia NS,
Married abt 1884 Cornwallia NS
Florence Vaughan, born abt 1863 Cornwallia ns, Died 1899, parents Nathan Vaughan & Caroline Sanford.
Their child, Bernice born abt 1885 Cornwallis NS.

Full Abstract//Armagh //Date Of Grant;30/08/1859
Letters of Administration of the Personal estate of James Moody late of Pointzpass in the County of Armagh deceased who died 14 August 1859 at Pointzpass aforesaid were granted at Armagh to Elizabeth Moody of same place the Widow of said deceased.

28Jun 1860; Lawrenceville, Pennsylvanna, PA.
Samuel Moody,38, M, Nail Cutter, born Marylands
Mary ,36, F ,Penn
Ann M " ,11, F, attened school
John " , 9,M , " "
James " ,7 , M " "
Samuel, " , 6, M
Oloir, " , 4, M
Olivia " , 3, F
Samuel Moody, 75, M, Bag Weaver, born Ireland

1861 BELFAST STREET DIRECTORY
Moody Colonel, R.E., 16 Mount Charles.
Moody Thomas, Mill Manager, 25 Hopeton St

1862 GRIFFITHS VALUATION OF BALLYMONEY ANTRIM NI
Moody John Townpatrick 107
Moody John " 117
Moody John Enagh Upper 128

Robert McGrannahan
Married 8 Nov 1862 Annapolis Witmot,Canada, [LDS FILM NO M510041]
Amanda Moody

thats it for now more to follow later.
regards Debbie

MOODYS IRELAND //part 3

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 5:24AM GMT
1863 Mary Moody ,married 14 Dec 1863 Drumbo Down, Thomas Spence, [LDS FILM NO M702287]

Steam Ship City of Cork-Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland to New York7 December 1863
80 Peter Moody 60 M Miner US US Steerage

Full Abstract: //Date Of Grant: //13/01/1863 //Effects under £50 //Registry: Armagh
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Elizabeth Moody late of Poyntzpass in the County of Armagh Widow deceased who died 28 December 1862 at same place were granted at Armagh to John Sifton of Tandragee in the County of Armagh Innkeeper the Father only next of kin of said deceased.

Graveyard Name;Antrim 1st Presby--County;Antrim--Civil Parish Antrim--Townland;Antrim--
Other info [Sandstone Headstone and Surround[]William Williamson senior 13th Sept 1864-65, Sarah Williamson 21st Jul 188 see below Rev John Williamson 20th Jan 1863, No Will 1863-1864 Sarah Jane Williamson 21 Nov 1897, see below Wiolliam Williamson 26th May 1899, see card attached. Williamson, Sarah-[226] 3rd Sept the will [with one codicil] of Sarah Williamson late of 19 Church St Antrim, Widow deceased who died 21st Jul 1880 at same place was proved at Belfast by the oaths of Robert Steele Grocer and farmer Sarah Jane Williamson spinster both of Church St Antrim the executors, effects under 100. Williamson Sarah Jane [s] 18th Jan probate of the will of Sarah Jane Williamson late Holywood County Down,Spinster who died 21st Nov 1897 granted at Belfast to Williamson of County Aantrim, Solicitor Effects 686 4s 2d [1898 Book], Williamson, William [481] 16 th Oct probate of the will of William Williamson late Antrim County Antrim, Solicitor who died 26th May 1899 granted to Belfast to Mary Williamson of Antrim Widow effect 130 15s].

Erected by Sarah relict of William Williamson senior of Antrim, in memory of her husband and their children William Williamson senior died 13th Sept 1864 aged 69years, Also his beloved wife Sarah Williamson who fell asleep in Jesus 21st Jul 1880 aged 75years, their children John died 20th Feb 1837 an infant, James died 12th Jun 1844 aged 13years, the Rev John died 20th Jan 1863, at Norfolk Virinia USA, AGED 25YRS, Also their daughter Sarah Jane Willianson, Solicitor who departed this life 26th May 1899, "his end was peace" alsohis wife Mary Elizabeth who died 26th Aug 1928 aged 86years, Also their son-in-law SAMUEL MOODY, who died 25th Apr 1942 ,and his wife Sara Young Moody, died 20th Jun 1963.

Taughboyne Deaths Registered Jan - Mar 1865
1864 Jul 29 -Ardagh-Moody Anne-5 wks Single-Farmer's child-Not known, 1 week-Andrew Moody, Momeen-Raphoe

1864-Garvagh, Church of Ireland
Marriages;;;Book 1, 20 August 1845 through 11 December 1889
TURNER Thomas 16/03/1864 // f-b-f// Ballynameen-William
MOODY Nancy f-s Garvagh [father Alexander Moody] bs--witnesses ; William Turner--Wm F. Campbell---P36 #72

18 Dec 1865 ;RUTH MOODY;Left per rail via Belfast & Livepool to Sail by the city of London on the 20th Dec 1865 to New York.USA. & maybe Thomas McCarter [Emmigrated]+ back to Ireland by 1899 under name of McCarter.One child born in New York ,male.name Thomas.

BELFAST DIRECTORY 1865-66
John Moody, Castle St, Occ Smiths, General

1865 Hugh Moody ,married 22 Aug 1865 Aghadowey LDY NI, Rebecca Cuskey.

RECRUITED AT ALLENTOWN FOR 3 YEARS SERVICE;
Private John R Moody --19 Jan 1865- Deserted 12 Jul 1865, mustered 25 Dec 1865 gone before then.

T/2901/1/5 [INFORMATION AT BELFAST RECORD OFFICE NORTHERN IRELAND]
Mark Hopkins [He was Abraham's father-in-law. Abraham named one of his sons Marcus for his granda by the maternal side] died 20th Jan 1882 at his residence, Bolea, aged 92 years. He was buried at Drumachose Old Church. Elizabeth Hopkins aged 78 years died 2nd June 1865 at Bolea.

William Moody, 30, Shoemaker, IRELAND, Wroxeter, s/o Thomas & Ann Moody,
Huron Co--Married 15 Sept 1869 Goderich .--- Witnesses John McKenzie & Harriet Peck both of Goderich.
Josephine Peck, 19yrs,Canada, Goderich, d/o of Leonard & Mary Peck,

Hugh Moodie, 24yrs, farmer, Canada, Howick, s/o Thomas & Jane ,
Huron Co--Married 24 Dec 1869 at Howick Canada--Witnesses JAMES MOODIE, of Howick
Celia Ann Bradley, 20yrs, Canada, Howick, d/o William & Sarah,

Andrew Hemphill, 24yrs, farmer, IRELAND, Turnberry twp, s/o Thomas & Angeline,
Huron Co--Married 19 Oct 1869 at Ainleyville.--Witnesses Chritopher Job & Alexander Gemmell both of Turnberry.
Jannet Gemmill, 19,Ontoria, Turnberry, twp ,d/o David & Ann

Full Abstract://Date of Grant;16/07/1869 //Effects: Effects under £200 //Registry: Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Alexander Moody late of Clonkeen County Antrim Farmer deceased who died 29 December 1868 at same place were granted at Belfast to Mary Moody of Clonkeen (Randalstown) aforesaid the Widow of said deceased

Full Abstract: //Date Of Grant 29/09/1869 //Effects under £6,000 //Registry Belfast
The Will of George Moody late of Saintfield County Down Woollendraper deceased who died 20 August 1869 at same place was proved at Belfast by the oaths of Rachel Moody (Widow) George Moody (Student) the Son and the Reverend Samuel Hamilton (Presbyterian Minister) all of Saintfield aforesaid the Executors

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 15/03/1869 //Effects in Great Britain and Ireland under £3,000 //Registry: Belfast
The Will of Hampden Clement Blamire Moody late of Belfast County Antrim Lieutenant-Colonel Royal Engineers and Colonel deceased who died 27 February 1869 at same place was proved at Belfast by the oaths of Richard Lewis Thomson of Belfast aforesaid (Esquire) Richard Clement Moody of Caynham House Ludlow England (Major-General Royal Engineers) and James Cramsie of Ballymoney County Antrim (Esquire) the Executors. (Deceased died domiciled in Ireland.)

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 18/02/1869 //Effects under £50 //Registry: Armagh
The Will of John Moody late of Ballinary County Armagh Weaver deceased who died 23 October 1868 at Ballenan in said County was proved at Armagh by the oath of George M'Keown of Ballinary (Tartaraghan Loughgall) aforesaid Farmer one of the Executors
Margaret Eliza Hopkins,born 24 Jul 1870 Newtownlimavady,parents David Hopkins & Matilda Irwin[LDS 101210]

SLATERS DIRECTORY
John Moody, Castle St, Occ Blacksmith

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant: 30/03/1870 //Effects under £300 //Registry: Belfast
The Will (with two Codicils) of Andrew Moody late of Dundonald County Down Farmer and Grocer deceased who died 2 March 1870 at same place was proved at Belfast by the oaths of Anna Moody of Dundonald aforesaid (the Widow) and the Reverend Josias Alexander Chancellor of Belfast County Antrim Presbyterian Clergyman the Surviving Executors.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant: 23/11/1870 //Effects under £100 //Registry: Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Anne Eliza Moody late of Finards County Down Spinster deceased who died 10 July 1862 at same place were granted at Belfast to Margaret mary Moody of Finards (Ardaragh Newry) aforesaid Spinster a Sister and one of the next of kin of said deceased

Full Abstract:Date Of Grant 23/11/1870 // Effects under £100 //Registry: Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Hannah Moody late of Finards County Down Spinster deceased who died 13 May 1865 at Lissera County Armagh were granted at Belfast to Margaret Mary Moody of Finards (Ardaragh newry) aforesaid Spinster a Sister and one of the next of kin of said deceased

First Garvagh Presbyterian Church
Jul 31, 1870 Alex Moody, Ann Liscall, [child Elizabeth-Baptisms Jul 31, 1870]
Alex Moody " Garvagh,[child John - " Jul 30 1871]born May
June ,1877 Alex Moody Anne Liscall [Alexander [June,] born 2 months
Feb 3, 1 year 1880 Alex Moody Anne Liscall [Robert " Feb 3, 1 year 1880]
Apr 25,1883 Alex Moody Anne Liscall [ Robert " Apr 25,1883]
Mar 7, 1890 Alex Moody Anne Liscall [Matthew " Mar 7, 1890 ]
Mar 7, 1890 Alex Moody Anne Liscall [William " Mar 7, 1890]
9 Jan, 1876 Sandy Moody Anne Liscall [Jane " Mar 15 ] " 4 months
Apr,1896 Edward Miller Annie Moyletragh Kill ,Margaret Moody ,baptism , Apr,1896
Jan ,3 1897 Esther Moody Liscall [ Douglas baptism Jan ,3 1897]
Mar 19, 1914 Thos Huston Emily Gorticloghan [Roberta Vida Moody baptism Mar 19]born 3mons
Jan 13 1919 John Moody Annie Liscal [Annie Jan 13]BornMay 29, 1918
9 Feb 1921 John Moody Annie Nelson Liscal [John Alexander ] Born1 May 1920
21 Mar 1922 John Moody Annie Nelson Liscal [Matthew ] Born2 Nov 1921

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 01/08/1871 //Effects under £200 //Registry Londonderry
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Thomas Moody late of Cashel County Londonderry Grocer a Bachelor deceased who died 6 October 1870 at Collins (in said County) were granted at Londonderry to Thomas Moody of Cashel (Macosquin Coleraine) in said County Farmer the Father and sole next of kin of said deceased

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 26/08/1872 //Effects under £1,000 //Registry: Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Thomas Moody late of No. 21 Hopeton-street Belfast County Antrim Leather Merchant deceased who died 14 May 1872 at Belast aforesaid were granted at Belfast to Maria Moody of No. 21 Hopetonstreet Belfast aforesaid the Widow of said deceased.

RMS Abyssinia
Liverpool, England & Queenstown, Ireland to New York--22 April 1872
665 ??? W. Moodie 26 Male Painter England Steerage

Graveyard Name;Kilmore Presby--County; Down--Civil Parish; Kilmore--Townland;Drumaghlis--
Other info; [Limestone Headstone]
1872 ,The family burying grounds of James Moody of Clontinaglare

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 29/08/1873 //Effects under £50 //Registry Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of John Moody late of Ballymoney County Antrim Blacksmith a Widower deceased who died 4 October 1871 at Drumreagh County Antrim were granted at Belfast to John Moody of Clady (Dunadry) County Antrim Farmer the Son of said deceased

William Walker Moody, b 15 Aug 1874 Newtownlimavady NI, parents William Moody & Martha Hemphill[LDS 255907]

LAND OWNERS IN IRELAND
1876 William Moody, Londonderry, Co, Newtownlimavady [2,0,36/21,10]

1876 Landowners in Co, Dongel Londonderry
Andrew Moody, Rockfield St, Johnstown 59 acres [59,1,18/50,0]
William Moody, " " " 46 acres [46,2,0/35,10]

1876 John Moody, Lisraw, Poyntzpass, [125,1,0/145,10]
William Moody, Lisraw, Poyntzpass [48,2,20/55,5]

1876 John M.D.Moody, Bells Park, Urney, Strabane,Tyrone [26,2,20/20,5]
Robert Moody, Killenny, Dunomanagh, Tyone, [23,0,0/17,0]

S.S. "Canada" London, England to New York 30 June 1877
25 Edward Moody 25 M Labr England USA Steerage

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 24/07/1877 //Effects under £800 //Registry Londonderry
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Hugh G. Moody late of Farrenlester County Londonderry Farmer deceased who died 18 January 1877 at same place were granted at Londonderry to Rebecca Anne Moody of Farrenlester aforesaid the Widow of said deceased.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 25/06/1877 // Effects under £100 //Registry Belfast
The Will of Rose Ann Moody late of Garvaghy County Antrim Widow deceased who died 3 May 1877 at same place was proved at Belfast by the oath of Mary Anne Moody of Garvaghy (Portglenone) same County Spinster the sole Executrix

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 08/08/1877 //Effects under £100 //Registry: Belfast
Letters of Administration (with the Will annexed) of the personal estate of Samuel Moody late of Garvaghy County Antrim Farmer deceased who died 17 December 1875 at same place were granted at Belfast to Mary Anne Moody of Garvaghy (Ballymena) same County Spinster a Child of deceased and the Executrix acting under Probate of the Will of Rose Anne Moody (who was the sole Executrix Named in the Will of the said Samuel Moody deceased). (Granted Forth of the District Registry Belfast 25 June 1877.)

DUNLOY-PRESBYTERAIN-1878
Mrs. Moody, Pew No, 23
S.A.Moody, Pew No 14

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 13/03/1879 //Effects under £200 //Registry: Londonderry
The Will of Thomas Moody late of Cashel County Londonderry Farmer deceased who died 29 January 1879 at same place was proved at Londonderry by the oaths of John Moody of Camin and Andrew Gage of Culdrum both in said County Farmers the Executors.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant: 13/01/1880 //Effects under £1,000 //Registry: Armagh
The Will of John Moody late of Lisran County Armagh Farmer deceased who died 16 October 1869 at same place was proved at Armagh by the oath of Sarah Moody of Lisran the Widow and one of the Executors

1880 BELFAST/ULSTER STREET DIRECTORY
Moody, John, horse shoer, 2 & 4 Thomas Street
Moody, Matthew, enginer, 72 Townsend Street

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 13/07/1881 //Effects £696 //Registry Armagh
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of John Moody late of Lisraw County Armagh Farmer deceased who died 8 March 1881 at same place were granted at Armagh to Sarah Moody of Lisraw Widow the Mother.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 23/11/1883 //Effects £173 17s. 8d// Registry: Belfast
The Will of Hugh Moody late of Clontinaglare County Down Farmer deceased who died 10 November 1875 at same place was proved at Belfast by James Moody and Gawn Cleland both of Clontinaglare Farmers the Executors

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 19/12/1883 //Effects £435 17s. 7d. //Registry: Belfast
The Will of James Moody late of Barnamaghery County Down Farmer deceased who died 10 March 1872 at same place was proved at Belfast by James Moody of Clontinaglare in said County Farmer the surviving Executor

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 17/10/1883// Effects £207 1s// Registry: Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of the Reverend James Renwick Moody late of Dundonald County Down Reformed Presbyterian Minister deceased who died 15 August 1883 at same place were granted at Belfast to Anna Moody of Dundonald Widow the Mother.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 09/06/1883 //Effects £3 // Registry: Londonderry
The Will of Robert Moody late of Killeney County Tyrone Farmer deceased who died 17 April 1883 at same place was proved at Londonderry by Andrew Baird of Aughtermoy and William Latta of Killeney both in said County Farmers the Executors.

Graveyard Name; Knockbracken RP-- County; Down--Civil Parish;Drumbo--Townland;Knochbracken
Other info [White Limestone in a low stone enclosure beside older Chancellor Stone]
In memoriam Anna Chancellor or Moody, Dundonld, died 2nd Dec 1884 aged 79 years, Also her son, Rev James Renwick Moody, died 10th Aug 1883 aged 46 years, Also her daughter Margaret Jane Moody or Dunlop, wife of the Rev Robert Dunlop, Paisley, died 19th Mar 1887 aged 46 years. Robert Andrew Moody, Dunlop, son of the above, died 15th Sept 1893 19 years The Rev Robert Dunlop, Minister of the reformed Presbyterian Church, Paisley, for 34 years, died 2nd Dec 1900 He was a good man Acts XI, 24 Anne Dunlop died 10th Jan 1919 so he given his beloved sleep Susanna Kerr Dunlop, widow of Robert Dunlop died 1st Aug 1928 she beholdeth the King in his beauty Mary Louise Dunlop, daughter of Rev Robert Dunlop and Susanna Kerr, died 2nd Mar 1948 O grave, where is thy victory The Rev Robert Dunlop erected the stone.

Graveyard Name;Sainfield CI--County;Down--Civil Parish;Sainfield--Townland;Sainfield--
Other Info;[Conrete Vault] Moody George, Effectsunder 6000, 25th Sept 1869, The Will of George Moody late of sainfield, County Down, Woolen Draper deceased, who died 20th Aug 1869 at same place, was proved at Belfast bty the oaths of Rachel Moody[widow], George Moody[student] the son and the Rev Samuel Hamilton [Presbyterain Minister], all of Sainfield aforesaid, the executor.
The family vauilt of George Moody, in memory of George Moody, who departed this life on the 20th Aug 1869, aged 66years, this tablet is affectionately erected by his wife and childre, Also Rachel Moody, who died 13th Sept 1896, aged 84years, wife of above George Moody, Also their daughter Margaret Jane Moody, who died 26th May 1903, aged 57years, Also their son Robert Moody, 19th Aug 1910 aged 69years, Also Mary Jane ,wife of Robert Moody, who died 9th Jan 1911, aged 54years, Also Eva Jennings, beloved wife of Andrew Todd Moody, who died 27th Jul 1915,aged 57years, Also Andrew Todd Moody, who died 14th Jan 1922, aged 71years, In loving memory of our dear parents George Gordon Moody, Died 1939, aged 42years, and Annie Moody, died 1952 aged 56years, In Gods Car, George Moody, 20th Aug 1869, 66years, chech 69, Rachel Moody 13th Sept 1896, 84years.NT 78-00.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 21/04/1884 //Effects £272 12s. 6d. //Registry: Belfast
The Will of James Moody late of Clontinaglare County Down Farmer who died 16 November 1883 at same place was proved at Belfast by James Campbell of Barnamaghery and James M'Ewen of Glassdrummond both in said County Farmers the Executors.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant: 24/12/1885 //Effects £622 18s. 5d. //Registry: Belfast
The Will of Anna Moody late of Dundonald County Down Widow who died 22 December 1884 at same place was proved at Belfast by the Reverend Robert Dunlop of Paisley County Renfrew in Scotland Presbyterian Minister one of the Executors.

BALLYMONEY FIRST VALUATION [YEAR?????????}BEFORE 1865?????????
John Moody, Ballymoney, Town Park, Castle St, PRONI VAL/1B/142A

1885---20 Boyce
To the memory of
James Boyce, Caw, who died 5 May 1885, aged 19 years
Also his sister, Margaret Jane, who died 26 January 1896, aged 34 years
Their parents
Esther M. Boyce, died 16 July 1899, aged 75 years
and Robert, died 17 April 1903, aged 85 years
and his brother Robert John Boyce, who died 4 June 1919, aged 62 years
Also Martha, beloved wife of Robert John Boyce, who died 7 August 1929, aged 86 years
Their daughter, Hessie Moody Boyce, who died 20 Jan 1963

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 24/02/1886 //Effects £657 7s. 5d. //Registry: Belfast
The Will of Anna Maria Moody late of Portrush County Antrim Spinster who died 13 August 1884 at same place was proved at Belfast by Samuel Maxwell Alexander of Roepark Limavady County Londonderry Esquire J.P. one of the Executors.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 21/09/1887 //Effects £173 //Registry Belfast
Letters of Administration of the personal estate of John Moody late of Belfast Blacksmith who died 23 August 1887 at same place were granted at Belfast to Sarah Agnes Moody of Great George's-street Belfast the Widow.

Graveyard Name;Milton--County;Antrim---Civil Parish;Shankill---Townland;Belfast--
Other info; [white headstone and Iron enclosure];John Moody was a horse-shoer at 92 great Patrick st; and was a member of the St Vincent De Paul Society form 1871 till his death. John McNeil was a Builder.
Erected by Sarah Moody A Moody to the memory of her dearly beloved husband John Moody who died 23rd Aug 1887 aged 44yrs,Also their children Mary A Moody died in infancy 1868, Arthur J Moody died 25th Seot aged 5yrs, John M Moody who died Apr 1908, Also the above named Sarah A Moody who died19th Feb 1912, Also her father John McNeill who died 2nd Feb 1886 73yrs, Also her mother Ann McNeill died 20th Nov 1891 aged 76yrs reqiescant in pace Amen.
Belfast Gravestone Ins ,Friar's Bush & Milltown Grave
23 Aug 1887, John Moody, Died ,age 44yrs.[wife Sarah A McNeil].

Ballymoney School Registers
Jane Moody, Occ Lab, Aged Jan 1888, Parish Finvoy,County Tullaghans, PRONI SCH/672, School Name Galdanagh [female infant].

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 19/09/1889 //Effects £156 12s. 3d. //Registry: Londonderry
The Will (with one Codicil) of Jane Wallace Moody late of Cullyvenny County Londonderry a Married Woman who died 30 June 1889 at same place was proved at Londonderry by Thomas Levin of Coleraine in said County Merchant one of the Executors.

R.M.S. Aurania
Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland to New York October 15, 1889
67 Arthur J. Moody 21 M Slater* England No1 Toronto 1

William Thomas Moody, Occ Weaver, age 6yrs, Finvoy, Tullaghans, PRONI SCH/672, School Galdanagh [male infant], Started 9 Jun 1890.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 07/02/1890 //Effects £285 //Registry: Londonderry
The Will of John Moody late of Strabane County Tyrone Saddler and Auctioneer who died 28 September 1889 at same place was proved at Londonderry by Matilda Moody of Strabane the Widow and one of the Executors

James Moody, Occ Lab, Aged 4 Aug 1890, Parish Finvoy, County Tullaghans, PRONI, SCH/672, Name School Galdanagh [male infant], date stated School 20th Jul 1897

William Thomas Moody,Occ Weaver,age 7yrs, Finvoy, Tullaghans, PRONI SCH/672,School Galdanagh,Started 11 Jun 1892

Jane Moody,Occ Weaver, aged 5yrs, Parish Finvoy, County Tullaghans, PRONI SCH/672,Name School Galdanagh [infant female],stated 31st May 1893.

Jane Moody,Occ Flaxdresser, age 9yrs, Pariash Ballymoney, County Ballinmore, PRONI SCH/667, School Balnamore,Stated 15 May 1895

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 20/04/1896 //Effects £205 15s. //Registry: Belfast
The Will of Mary Moody late of Clonkeen County Antrim Widow who died 27 October 1895 was proved at Belfast by James Farquhar of Clonkeen and George Johnston of Ballydunmaul both said County Farmers the Executors

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 04/05/1896 //Effects £294 11s. 7d//Registry: Belfast
The Will of Thomas Moody late of 67 Donegall-park Belfast Accountant who died 23 March 1896 was proved at Belfast by William Craig Mill Manager and Wilfrid Bambrick Factory Manager both of Belfast Executors

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 01/04/1896 //Effects £587 17s//Registry Londonderry
The Will (with one Codicil) of William Moody late of Morneen County Londonderry Farmer who died 29 June 1895 was proved at Londonderry by William P. Moody of Strabane County Tyrone Solicitor the sole Executor

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 13/08/1897 //Effects £777 15s//Registry Londonderry
Administration of the personal estate of Henry Moody late of Knockmult Londonderry Farmer who died 22 January 1897 granted at Londonderry to Henry Moody of Knockmult Farmer the Son

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 28/07/1897 // Effects £1,183 15s// Registry Londonderry
The Will of John Moody late of Kinnycally County Donegal Farmer who died 4 November 1895 was proved at Londonderry by Samuel Buchanan of Morneen said County Farmer the Executor

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 23/07/1897 //Effects £1,237 //Registry: Belfast
Administration of the estate of Thomas James Moody late of Cullybackey County Antrim Retired Farmer who died 14 January 1897 granted at Belfast to the Reverend Joseph Archibald Moody of Cullybackey Reformed Presbyterian Minister the Brother

BALLYMONEY SCHOOL REGISTERS
Mary Moody, Occ Flaxdresser, 8yrs, Ballymoney, PRONI SCH/667, School Name Balnamore, Started 4 Jan 1897

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 28/10/1898 //Effects £315 6s. //Registry: Londonderry
Probate of the Will of Rebecca Ann Moody late of Rushtown County Londonderry Widow who died 16 September 1898 granted at Londonderry to Matthew Moody of Cashel and Samuel Finlay of Kiltenney both said County Farmers

BALLYMONEY SCHOOL REGISTER
Nellie Moody,Occ Flaxdresser,age 9yrs, Ballymoney, PRONI SCH/667, School Name Balnamore,Started Oct 1899

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 20/06/1899 //Effects £322 3s. 4d// Registry: Londonderry
Probate of the Will of Abraham James Hopkins Moody late of Church-street Coleraine County Londonderry Merchant who died 11 March 1899 granted at Londonderry to Elizabeth Moody of Church-street Coleraine Widow.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 25/07/1899 //Effects £43 //Registry Londonderry
Probate of the Will of Elizabeth Moody late of Kinnycally St. Johnston County Donegal Widow who died 25 February 1898 granted at Londonderry to Samuel Buchanan of Moment St. Johnston and Robert Moody of Kinnycally said County Farmers

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 26/06/1899 //Effects £203 6s// Registry Belfast
Probate of the Will of Harriette Moody late of 262 Cambria-street Belfast Widow who died 5 June 1899 granted at Belfast to John Williams of 18 Beech-street Mercantile Clerk and Thomas C. Browne of 32 Lomond-avenue Bookkeeper both Belfast

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 08/09/1899 //Effects £125 10s//Registry: Armagh
Probate of the Will of John Moody late of Lower Kildress County Tyrone Farmer who died 2 April 1899 granted at Armagh to The Reverend John M. Young of Kildress Rectory Clerk and Richard Cluff of Kildress House both said County Farmer.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 17/04/1899 //Effects £471 12s. 9d//Registry: Belfast
Probate of the Will of The Reverend Joseph Archibald Moody late of Cullybackey County Antrim Minister of the Reformed Presbyterian Church who died 4 February 1898 granted at Belfast to Joseph Galloway of 50 Eglantine-avenue Belfast Merchant.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 05/06/1901 //Effects £741 18s//Registry: Londonderry
Administration of the estate of John Moody late of Glentoun County Donegal Farmer who died 18 February 1901 granted at Londonderry to Annie Moody the Widow.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 16/10/1901 //Effects £600 12s. 7d//Registry: Londonderry
Administration (with the Will) of the personal estate of William Moody late of Trintagh Upper County Donegal Farmer who died 2 September 1901 granted at Londonderry to William Moody Farmer

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 29/08/1902 //Effects £389 1s. 11d. //Registry: Londonderry
Administration of the estate of John Moody late of Canun County Londonderry Farmer who died 24 June 1902 granted at Londonderry to William Moody Farmer

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 12/06/1903 //Effects £1,101 0s. 4d. //Registry: Belfast
Probate of the Will of Margaret Jane Moody late of Saintfield County Down Spinster who died 26 May 1903 granted at Belfast to The Reverend George Moody Presbyterian Minister and Andrew T.Moody Draper

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 16/05/1903 //Effects £339 10s//Registry: Londonderry
Administration of the estate of Rose Moody late of Sappagh County Donegal who died 8 February 1903 granted at Londonderry to The Reverend Andrew T.Moody Presbyterian Minister

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 10/07/1905 //Effects £185 19s. 7d//Registry: Londonderry
Probate of the Will of Alexander Moody late of Liscall County Londonderry Farmer who died 16 March 1905 granted at Londonderry to Anne Moody the Widow

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 15/12/1905 //Effects £116 13s. 7d//Registry: Londonderry
Administration of the estate of William John Moody late of Camus County Londonderry Farmer who died 12 June 1905 granted at Londonderry to Rachel Moody the Widow

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 01/03/1906 //Effects £82 10s//Registry: Armagh
Probate of the Will of William Moody late of Poyntzpass County Armagh Lock-keeper who died 24 December 1905 granted at Armagh to James Randal Monaghan Navigation Inspector.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 17/10/1906 //Effects £750// Registry: Londonderry
Probate of the Will of Matilda Moody late of Strabane County Tyrone Widow who died 22 April 1906 granted at Londonderry to James Hill Chemist and William J.Stewart J.P.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 02/03/1906 //Effects £935 8s. 9d//Registry: Londonderry
Administration of the estate of Robert Moody late of Momeen County Donegal Farmer who died 30 November 1905 granted at Londonderry to Jane Moody the Widow

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 08/05/1908 //Effects £349 11s. 2d//Registry: Belfast
Probate of the Will of James Moody late of Loughadian County Down Carpenter who died 19 March 1908 granted at Belfast to Joseph Searight Merchant and Thomas McComb Dealer

Full Abstract:Date Of Grant 24/05/1909 //Effects £800 //Registry: Londonderry
Probate of the Will of Margaret Jane Moody late of Momeen County Donegal Widow who died 10 January 1909 granted at Londonderry to Matthew Chambers Farmer

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 27/07/1909 //Effects £300 //Registry: Londonderry
Probate of the Will of John Moody (Senior) late of Articlave Lower County Londonderry Farmer (Retired) who died 11 June 1909 granted at Londonderry to Benjamin Henry Farmer

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 07/11/1910 //Effects £1,919 14s. 6d//Registry: Belfast
Probate of the Will and one Codicil of Robert Moody late of Saintfield County Down Woollen Draper (Retired) who died 19 August 1910 granted at Belfast to Andrew Todd Moody Woollen Draper and Mary Jane Moody the Widow.

Full Abstract: Date Of Grant 20/02/1911 //Effects £959 2s. 6d. //Registry: Belfast
Probate of the Will of Mary Jane Moody late of Saintfield County Down Widow who died 9 January 1911 granted at Belfast to Andrew Todd Moody Draper and The Reverend Stewart Dickson Presbyterian Minister

1911 Census for Kildress
Townland: Tamlaght (Heads of Households)
Daniel Moody 7

regards
Debbie

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 10:52AM GMT
You may find www.ledliefamily.net of interest - you will find William Moody who married Isabella Ledlie. The book entitled Joseph Ledlie and William Moody by Ledlie I Laughlin contains a great deal if info on the Moody family together with charts, one of which lists the following children of William and Isabella (Ledlie) Moody - Ellen, Margaret, John K, George Ledlie, James Ekin, Joseph Ledlie, William, Robert, Isabella, Eliza, Anna Beelen.

Hope this is of interest,

Maxwell

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 12:46PM GMT
Thank You Maxwell,
I will most definitely check that out.
I appreciate your reply.

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Moody, Parkinson, Kennedy

It looks as though John Moody, husband of Elinor Parkinson Kennedy, has a Ballybofey connection. There are some papers in PRONI relating to the Johnstons of Ballybofey. Among others there are two maps; map of Lower Drimevis, the estate of John Moody April 1789 and map of Upper Drimevis, the estate of John moody 1799.Unfortunately the maps are MISSING but I will keep trying to access these.

Among the Johnston papers I found some instructions to counsel from a Col Parkinson who is looking for advice re recovering a mortgaged property. It MAY BE that the mortgaged property was the Drimevis Estate, of which John Moody (perhaps in the right of his wife) was in possession in the 1790s and PERHAPS in light of the maps within the Johnston Papers Colonel Parkinson did recover it.

Still no link to Limavady but another small piece in the jigsaw!!

Posted: 29 Oct 2009 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: McCloy, Gilmour, Hopkins
You all. These are some very extensive posts about the Limavady and Ballykelly areas! Great work. Thank you Debbie... I'm going to need to print this out and bring out the highlighter, as I have only recently started researching this area and time period. My 4 x great granparents were William McCloy (1780-1862) and Martha Gilmour (1780-1859)of the Limavady/Ballykelly area.

I'd appreciate someone letting me know if there are a few go-to resources for this area and time period. I'm going to have to go through Debbie's posts and begin looking for where I might find a copies of those lists and publications, otherwise!

Thanks again.

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moody
Hi,
I must be a relative of your husband.
I am a descendant of John Moody, David's brother.
He came to Australia and married a Mary Campbell.
I believe others i his family also came to Australia. I wonder why they split up? Maybe to try their fortunes? Where are you?

Louise

Posted: 19 Sep 2010 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Morrison
I have read with great interest the messages about the Moodys of Gortmore, including a reference to a possible connection with a Morrison.
My ancestors farmed at 1 Gortmore for many years. Joseph Morrison was born there in 1842 and I think his father was called James. Joseph's son William ran the farm until around 1920 when he bought another farm across the Bann.
I would be very grateful to hear of any connections with the Moodys or other people who lived in the very small community around Gortmore.

Denis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions