Search for content in message boards

Carl Murphy

Carl Murphy

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 4:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on a Carl Murphy. He is the father of my grandfather, Bill J Morse (he changed his last name from Murphy to Morse). Carl was married to Leotta G Hill and they divorced after my grandfather was born. I do know that he remarried and had another son, Carl E. Murphy who lived in Carrier Mills and died there in 2005. Carl E was buried at Salem. Any help would be really appreciated.

Re: Carl Murphy

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 5:42PM GMT
Articles from the local newspapers:

Southern Illinoisan -- April 29, 2005

Carl Edward Murphy died April 28, 2005 at home. He was born to Carl and Agnes (TANNER) MMURPHY on Dec. 26, 1939 in the Stonefort community. Preceding him in death two sisters, Dixie Lee MURPHY, Betty ORTIZ; and a brother, Dickie Lee MURPHY

Daily Register -- May 5, 1945

Agnes Murphy has filed a complaint in circuit court seeking a divorce from Carl MURPHY.

Daily Register -- April 6, 1948

Family Visiting Sunday at Willie S. TANNER home
Present were Mr. and Mrs. Carl Murphy and sons, Carl Edward and Dickie Lee.

Daily Register -- August 16, 1954

W. S. TANNER of near Stonefort Dies

Survived by Mrs. Carl Murphy of Carrier MIlls.

Daily Register -- October 17, 1956

Mr. and Mrs. Carl MURPHY and sons of Carrier Mills. Mr. and Mrs. Clyde MURPHY and children of Stonefort visited their parents Mr. and Mrs. Ott MURPHY Sunday.

Daily Register -- May 14, 1949

Celebrate Birthday of George Murphy

The 79th birthday of George MURPHY, 1112 Holland street, was celebrated with a family dinner at noon. Relatives in attendance Mrs. Essie Morse, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur MURPHY, Mr. and Mrs. Clyde MURPHY and daughter, Sharon, and Charles V. MURPHY, Stonefort, ....

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 10:45PM GMT
The Carl Murphy that was married to Agnes Tanner is buried at Reid's Chapel Cemetery, Saline county. 25 Sep 1911 - 21 Nov 1985

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:00AM GMT
Carls' parents were Arthur and Minnie Murphy both found at Reid's Chapel cemetery.

Children of Arthur and Minnie :
Claud died in 1949 buried at Reid's Chapel
Carl died 1985 at Reid's Chapel
Clyde died 2003 at Salem cemetery
Edith who married a ANDERSON
Richard

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 12:54PM GMT
Wow thank you for your help! I certainly wasn't expecting this much information. I really appreciate it.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2013 3:33PM GMT
Carl Edward MURPHY's sister Wilma Fay EVANS died December 15, 2006 at the Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, KY. She was born July 29, 1933 to Carl Eugene MURPHY and Agnes (Tanner) BLACKMAN. She is buried at Little Saline cemetery near Stonefort.

Preceding her in death were Carl Edward MURPHY, Richard Lee MURPHY and Betty Lou ORTIZ and a son Robert Dewayne EVANS.

Posted: 8 Nov 2013 11:35PM GMT
Hello, I realize this is an old post, I just caught it today. I am a Morse researcher and this is what I have.

Leotta Geneva Hill, b. 25 Feb 1914. d. 25 Jan 2003. at home, 205 Pankey Rd., Carrier Mills, Saline Co., Ill. Bur. Pleasant Ridge Cem, Delwood, Ill.

Married Carl Murphy abt 1934
Carl Murphy b. abt 1912 and d 1985
Carl's Mother: Minnie McSparin, Carl's Father: Arthur O. Murphy

Leotta married 2nd: Leslie B. Morse b. 14 Aug 1908 Colorado, Pope Co., Ill, d. 20 Jan 2005, Carrier Mills, Ill. Married 29 Jan 1942 in Crown Point, Indiana.
I have listed for them one child: Billy Joe Morse no birth date.
I have Billy Joe married to Joanne no last name. I show them with four children: Starla, Angel, Billy and Brad. Hope this will help,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions