Search for content in message boards

Frederick George Prowse

Frederick George Prowse

Posted: 11 Jul 2011 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great uncle Frederick George Prowse was born in Chudleigh
Devon England in 1878. Father Emanuel Prowse. Mother Adela Wills. I think he lived in Saanich. I have a death for a Frederick George Prowse in 1960 at Veterans Hospital Victoria of Bronchial pneumonia. The death was reported by his nephew Harold, but not sure of his surname. If anyone can please help with infromation, I would be truly grateful. Thank you

Re: Frederick George PROWSE

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: PROWSE
Hi, Did your information come from the Registration of Death ?
Registration - will show the name and address of the Funeral Home in Charge of Arrangements.
Funeral Home - May take all information required for the Registration of Death. They would have the name of the informant * there may be a concern re privacy.

Obituary: May mention names of other family members.

Frederick George Prowse Age:82 Event:Death
Place Saanich Date:1960 2 11 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1960-09-002312
Microfilm #:B13245 (GSU # 2033302)

Perhaps:?
Mary Ann Prowse Age:82 Event:Death
Place Saanich Date:1967 8 10 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1967-09-010153
Microfilm #:B13284 (GSU # 2033928)

Cheers, Stella

Re: Frederick George Prowse

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 7:05PM GMT
Do you just want the name of the informant? I will check it out on Friday.

Judy

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 6:04PM GMT
Hi Judy. Yes please that would be great. Many thanks

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 2:14AM GMT
The informant was a nephew Harold Piton residing in Victoria. There is a death of a Harold Henry Piton died Victoria 1987 aged 74y and a Harold Henry d 1948 aged 65y which could be his father.

Judy

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 12:56PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. I am going to check through the family and see who else emigrated to Canada.
They were quite a few in the family.
I do appreciate your help

Regards Pam

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 4:38AM GMT
Hi Pam,

I checked out the two Harold Piton death certificates. Harold born Quebec 1 May 1883 died 1948 was married to Nellie Craycroft born Salt Lake City. Their son Harold was born Lethbridge 26 Jun 1912 d 1987 was married to Dorothy Violet Townsend. So no idea how he got to be the nephew of Frederick Prowse.

Judy

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 1:50PM GMT
Hi Judy

Thank you for your kindness in looking up the death certificates. How he is a nephew is a mystery. Perhaps we will never find out the connection. I know most of Fredericks family stayed in Devon England.

Thank you again.

Regards Pam

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 12:27AM GMT
Hello, just happened to come across your post while searching for information on my father, Harold Henry Piton. The Piton men you are referring to are my dad, grandpa and great-grandfather.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 6:25PM GMT
Thank you for the information.The family lost touch with Frederick when his elder brother Peter Emanuel died. We cannot find a Harold Piton in our family, but he is reported as a nephew on the death certificate. Can you help with this please? Many thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions