Search for content in message boards

Reed

Reed

Barbara Reed Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reed, Underwood, Lamb, Tamer
Hi, I am searching for information on the Reed's from VT. Lafayette W Reed was my G-Grandfather and he wound up in Santa Clara Co Ca. in the 1870's. His parents were Marcena Reed and Sarah Underwood...Marcena's parents were Oliver and Chloe Lamb, and Oliver's parents were James Reed and Tamer Munn, and I can't get beyond that point. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you in advance.

Reed Family of Whitingham

Gene Lamont (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reed
Dear Barb, Thanks for your answer. You mentioned a Munn history, which had information on Oliver Reed. Would that have the names of his children? If so, how do I find this history? Sorry to be so persistent, but I want to follow this fragile clue to the end .

Gene

REED

Barb Jensen (View posts)
Surnames: Reed, Underwood, Lamb, Munn
Hi Gene, This is all I really have on this line.
James Reed m. Tamer Munn,son Oliver Reed married Chloe Lamb.son Marcena Reed m. Sarah Underwood their children
were Phoebe,Lafayette,Emery,James,Albert,Elvira,Martha. I think this Lafayette is my gg-grandfather. I also have a note that Marcena had more children, the only other one I could find was a Nancy Peak.
From the Munn history I have that Oliver Reed was a pioneer in Whitingham and was born on Rd 27 1/2,had 8 children and lived there for 40 years before moving to Stamford.
The Lafayette Reed in my family was suppose to be from Vt- and may have gone to Il then to California. I have tracked him in California to San Jose where he was in real estate then Sacramento. He had a wife named Julia Baker Tiffany and was her second husband. I'm trying to sort out all of this to see if this one was mine. My Lafayette seems to have followed James Frazier Reed out here in Ca.-may have been a cousin or something. I'm lost as you cand see!
Thanks for your reply. Barb

Reed Family of Whitingham

Gene Lamont (View posts)
Surnames: Reed
The name of James Reed was on the 1780-82 Tax List of Whitingham, Windham Co., Vt. His name and that of an Oliver Reed appear on the 1800 Census of Windham Co. You stated that Marcena was the son of Oliver. Do you have any information as to the other children of Oliver and Chloe (Lamb) Reed?

Re: Reed Family of Whitingham

Barbara Reed Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Reed,Underwood,Lamb
Gene- sorry it has been so LONG to reply-I gave up for a time-long time!
Marcena's children are
Emery,Lafayette,James,Albert,Elvira,Phoebe,Martha
I'm down Lafayette's line-he wound up in California married a Tiffany.
You can email me at the above if you like-
Barb

Re: Reed Family of Whitingham

Barb Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 5:12AM GMT
Surnames: Reed,Munn,Lamb,Underwood,Millard
Hi Gene, found a bit more information on children of Oliver ( 6-13-1780) and Chloe Lamb Reed.(1-1-1781) Married 7-13-1800 in Worchester
Nancy Peak Reed b. 6-26-1801
Benjamin Reed
Marsena Reed 1806,married Sarah Underwood
Sarah Clark Reed 5-22-1803-6-7-1888, she married Squire Millard. Oliver's family lived in Stamford.

Now Oliver is the son of James Reed and Tamer Munn. They had several children also.
Oliver
jason 1792-wife Katherine
Cynthia 1786
Benjamin 1782- he had a daughter named Tamer also, and I think she married a Huckaby
Polly
Calvin

I can't find anyone,lol, trying to run back the line of James Reed. Do you happen to know who his parents were?
You can email me personally if you like.
Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic