Search for content in message boards

Andrew Joiner Tice Sr.

Andrew Joiner Tice Sr.

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Andrew Joiner Tice Sr. was born about 1816 in North Carolina according to records from the 1860 census for Marion County, Georgia. He was 44 years old at time of census. He married Elizabeth Louisa UNKNOWN about 1835 in Marion County, Georgia. He was my ggg grandfather according to info that I have found so far. His son, Asa Daniel Tice, was my gg grandfather. He was born in GA and later lived in AL. Asa's brothers and sisters were George W.,Mary,Andrew J.,John D.,Martha,William H., Sarah and Julia. Asa D. Tice's son, Rufus Tice, was my g grandfather. Rufus's brothers and sisters were Emma,Eddie,John W.,Joseph Henry,William H.,Samuel,Jesse, and Minnie. My gg grandfather Asa D. Tice homesteaded land in Dale County,AL, in 1891. My g grandfather Rufus Tice did the same in Dale County in 1901. If you have any info on any of these, please let me know. I hope someone out there can help me with Andrew Joiner Tice Sr. because I can't find any more info on him.
Thanks-
Mike Tice

Re: Andrew Joiner Tice Sr.

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: Tice, Burdeshaw, Avirett
Hello Mike -

My ggrandfather was Rufus Tice. My grandfather was Terrence Vincent Tice (went by TV Tice) - I believe brother of Marvin.

I believe I saw that your grandfather is Marvin -

TV married Maureen Theresa Burdeshaw, and they had a daugter Theresa Faye Tice (goes by Faye). Faye married Milton Dewey Avirett, Jr and had two sons - Vincent Dewey and Vann Terrence. Vann and I both have children.

Also in an earlier post - I found where you had originally described Andrew Jackson Tice, then sent through a note saying it should be Andrew Joiner. Below you note Andrew Joiner Tice Sr - was there a Jr?

Any additional on Andrew Joiner Tice Jr, Sr - and further ancestry?

Thanks for your good info -

Vince Avirett

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2011 5:30PM GMT
Hey Vince-

Great to get your response. I have a photo on my family tree now with your grandfather in the photo. I think you will very happy when you see it. My dad remembers Uncle Vince(TV) and has spoken of him often. Do you live in the Columbus area? I ask because that was the last place my dad knew of Uncle Vince living. Also, yes, I believe there was a Andrew Joiner Tice Sr and Jr., and I believe they might both be buried at Clopton, Alabama in Dale County. Hope to talk with you again soon.

Mike Tice

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 3:08AM GMT
Mike - Granddad TV is buried in Columbus - having passed in May 1974.

I and my family live in Grapevine, TX (Dallas metroplex) - my mother Theresa Faye (Vince's daughter) lives in Bristol, TN near my brother, Vann.

Thanks so much for posting that photo - with the caption and the names on the photo - really hit home. TV looked just as I remembered.

My personal e-mail is vavirett@aol.com - please drop me a line with contact info.

hope to hear from you soon,

Vince
per page

Find a board about a specific topic