Search for content in message boards

John Wentworth

John Wentworth

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find a connection between John Wentworth or the children of "Long" John Wentworth and Joseph T. Ryerson of the Ryerson Steel Company in Chicago. If anyone is aware of any connections please send me your information. I would assume that there are many possibilities of a relationship, with Wentworth's involvement in politics and the Ryerson family being one of the largest steel manufacturers in the Chicago area. I would appreciate any information anyone can provide.

Re: John Wentworth

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Wentworth, Ryerson
Please state the purpose or context of your request. Biographical research? On Wentworth? On Ryerson? Chicago history research? Other historical research? Thanks.

Re: John Wentworth

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 5:24AM GMT
I recently purchased an old book on the GOP and in the front of the book has a sticker that shows it came from EX LIBRIS Joeseph T. Ryerson with a date on top of 1931. Then several pages into this book, handwritten under the binding on page 1one reads: "Gift - Mr. John Wentworth 11/15/39. So I was just curious to see why the famous Long John Wentworth's son gave this book to the son of Joeseph T. Ryerson? Very intrigued by the relationship of these two famous families? So just purely personal research! Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic