Search for content in message boards

Kane family

Kane family

Posted: 15 May 2011 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any info on the Kane family from Letterfrack Galway from early 1900's. I only know Ann & Julia who immigrated to Boston, USA. Any info would be grately appreciated.

Re: Kane family

Posted: 16 May 2011 10:41AM GMT
Surnames: Coyne, Cayne, Cane, Kane, Kain, Walsh
Please keep me in mind if you find out more information about KANE, KEANE, CAYNE, COYNE (or variations) from this area from the 19th century (rather than the 20th century).

My ancestors were called COYNE (also CAYNE) and supposedly were from Clifden - which is about 15 kms from Letterfrack.

My family has tried many avenues of enquiry over a period of 35 years but the records we need for the Clifden area 1800-1840 just don't seem to exist. So we will need to rely on people like yourselves who discover information from certificates or baptism/burial/memorial inscriptions that might lead us to our family.

Our details - just for your info:
Martin COYNE and Mary WALSH, farmers from around Clifden, Co Galway
Sons Thomas COYNE born c1820-1824 and John Joseph COYNE born c1834.
Both sons were transported to Fremantle in Western Australia after convictions for stealing in 1849-1850.

Thanks
Colleen
from Western Australia
gg grand daughter of John Joseph COYNE

Posted: 16 May 2011 9:17PM GMT
Thanks, Colleen. I will keep all this in mind as I continue searching.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: KANE, JULIA, ANNA,
GREETINGS,

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE FAMILY, I HAVE UPDATES AND
COULD HELP WITH THE HISTORY.JUST MAIL ME AND I CAN ANSWER
SOME OF THE QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 5:59AM GMT
Hi Knockadoe,
Are you connected with Julia, Anna KANE - or other KANE members too?
Colleen

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Cane walsk
Hello,
I am interested in any information about Bridget Cane who was married to James Walsh and had a son James Walsh. I think there may have been 10-12 children but I only know of James. I think James was from Letterfrack. James the son was my great grandfather. I was just in Ireland and visited with some people in Letterfrack. Any info would be appreciated.

Posted: 31 May 2014 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Kane/Cain/Connolly/Conneely
Margaret Kane married Peter Connoly (Conneely) on 26 March 1893 in Letterfrack. Margaret was of full age and daughter of John Kane, Gurteen. Peter, aged 20 was recorded as being the son of Peter Connoly, deceased, Dawrosbeg. An Edward and Annie Kane are recorded in the 1901/1991 Census in Gorteennaglogh, Rinvyle and I have made a tentative connection. I would appreciate any insights into the ancestry of Margaret Kane. A possible birth registration for Margaret Cain on 9th February 1872 cites John as father from Tooreena and registered in the district of Renvyle.

Posted: 1 Jun 2014 2:06PM GMT
hi coleen,'

regarding your question , i am related to anna kane, julia and bridgid, they were my aunts,
they were from letterfrack but became orphans due to their mother's early death and were
raised in galway city. if this helps let me know....thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions