Search for content in message boards

BERNASCONI family from Dublin

BERNASCONI family from Dublin

Posted: 8 Jan 2008 5:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BERNASCONI/DARVELL[ILL]
Hi all, I have found Thomas Francis BERNASCONI b.c1854 Dublin, (I don't know if this is City of Dublin or County Dublin)on the 1881 England census, occupation Glass Fitter, married to my g.g.aunt Mary Ann Eliza (nee DARVELL). His fathers (John) occupation is Picture Frame Maker, who I believe migrated to Australia. Has anyone any connection to or have come across the BERNASCONI family from Dublin? Thomas and Mary Ann were living in Holborn, London in the 1881 census, but there is no trace of them or births of any children after that.
I would be very grateful for any information any one may have.
Regards
April

Re: BERNASCONI family from Dublin

Posted: 9 Jan 2008 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Barnasconi,Barnascone,Deverell,Deverill
The 1851 Dublin census index gives Mary Barnasconi (nearest I found) Eustace St Dublin.
Mary is also in Griffith's Valuations (again I have just the index).
Griffith's also has Thomas Barnascone in Wexford town, Civil Parish of St Selskas.
There may be other versions of the name.

Henry Shaw's 1850 Directory has Mary Barnasconi artifical flower maker, 19 Eustace St, St Andrews Ward, Civil Parish of St Andrews Dublin City. There was a Thomas Mitchell at no 15, same trade.

Couldn't find the name Darvell, the nearest was Deverell/Deverill.

I'm not sure if Mary came from Dublin, but have listed some "in case".

Pettigrew & Oulton's 1845 Directory

Jonathan Deverell Weighmaster Greenhide Crane 17 Bonham St.
Residence Booterstown Ave.
Another section gives W. Jonathan Deverell "Roseville" Cross Avenue Booterstown.

Mrs Deverell 4 Charlemount St Upper

Mrs Deverell Phibsborough Rd.

1851 Dublin City census

Hy Deverell 19 Anne St North Civil Parish of St Michan's Dub North.

Mary Deverell 29 Clanbrassil Terrace Parish of St Peter's Southside.
Henry Shaw's gives Mrs A. Deverell 29 Clanbrassil Terr.

Mat. Deverell 23 Monck Place Grangegorman Northside. (County) Outside the town boundary?

Edward Deverill 73 Meath St St Catherine's Southside.

Regards,
Margaret

Posted: 26 Jun 2010 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Barnasconi, Sullivan
there was a Ambrose Barnasconi married Julia Sullivan who we believe were from Dublin Blarney Court? who were living in England by 1851 in Bristol.

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 7:23AM GMT
Surnames: Bernasconi
Hello April
I hope you're still reading these boards as this is an old message.
I have a Bernasconi family in Australia - but I don't think it's the same one as yours as my John Bernasconi came from Milan, Italy and didn't have a son Thomas. But the listings I found for the pictureframe maker in Sydney I thought were my John but your information here would seem to rule that out.

So here is what I had on John B, the pictureframe maker and others (records available through Ancestry):

SANDS DIRECTORIES (of Sydney and New South Wales, Australia)
1905, p. 704
Bernasconi C. A., picture-frame maker, 72 Royal arcade, George st
Bernasconi E., 39 Union st, Paddington , 1903-1916

1898, p.618
Bernasconi J., 115 Eveleigh st, Redfern
Bernasconi John, pictureframe maker, 347 Pitt street

1889 p.479
Bernasconi Brothers, pictureframers, 3
Paddington st, Paddington
Bernasconi Ernest, pictureframe maker,
347 Pitt street

1886 p.419, to 1889
Bernasconi Brothers, picture-frame
makers, Paddington st, Paddington
Bernasconi, John, picture-frame maker,
347 Pitt st

I don;t have anything on Thomas Bernasconi though, sorry.
cheerio

Posted: 2 Jul 2010 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Barnasconi, Sullivan Barnecony
hello,my grt.grandfather John Barnasconi was born in Bristol in 1841 his father was Ambrose Barnasconi (frame maker) his mother was Julia Barnasconi nee Sullivan. The census for 1841 shows them living in Bristol, their name shows as Barnecony, he being from foriegn parts and Julia was born in Ireland.By 1871 John is living in Bloomsbury. the 1861 census shows Julia Barnasconi as living in the Holborn Union House.sadly I can find no other imformation about Julia or Ambrose other than Julia was said to have come from Blarney Court? Dublin.

Posted: 9 Jul 2010 2:45PM GMT
I am also researching the Barnasconi, Bernasconi, Barnescony plus numberous other spellings from Dublin. They are on the irishgenealogy.ie site under St Andrew's and St michael and John parish - my connection is with the Patrick Harford and Maria Barasconi family. Anyone else interested in this family.

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 3:27PM GMT
Hi there, very many thanks for your post.
I had already found the information you give but I am very grateful for your input.
I will try one more post to see if anything new turns up regarding these ancestors.
It's really baffling that there is no information, in BMDs or migration, whatsoever about these two after their marriage on 26th dec 1880.
regards
April

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 8:29PM GMT
hi - just discovered my Grandmother's Cousin (and Bridesmaid!) was a Mary Bernasconi - born circa 1895. Her Mother was Veronica Bernasconi.

if you would like to know more, give us a shout.

cheers
SL

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 4:56AM GMT
Surnames: Bernasconi
Hi I am very interested in what you have on the Bernasconi's of Dublin. I also have Veronica x3 in my tree. Any further information would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions