Search for content in message boards

James Thomas NOLAN

James Thomas NOLAN

Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Oct 2005 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: NOLAN
I am seeking any information concerning the parents and siblings of James Thomas NOLAN, born 2 Jul 1862, with probable birth place Carlow, Ireland. In either 1883 or 1885, he along with his lifelong friend William Anderson, migrated to the United States settling in Cartersville, Bartow, Georgia.

Recently I conducted a search of the IGI records and, based on the approximate time of his birth and Christening, determined three possible sets of parents for James. These are:
(1) Patt Nolan, Father; Ellen ?, Mother. IGI indicates a James being Christened 27 Jul 1862 in Clonegall, Carlow, Ireland. Additionally, James named his first born with the middle name Ellen.
(2) John Nolan, Father; Ellen Hayden, Mother. IGI indicates a Christening 2 Nov 1862 in Myshall, Carlow, Ireland for James.
(3) Martin Nolan, Father; Mary Brien, Mother. This is a Christening of James 25 Nov 1862 in Myshall, Carlow, Ireland. Additionally, James first born had the first name Mary.

I would be appreciative if someone can help me determine the correct parents for James Thomas NOLAN. I am totally prepared to give you the rest of the story of James once he arrived in the United States.

James Thomas Nolan

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2005 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Nolan, Whelan
Thank you Marcia for your response to my query. This has definite possibilities based on the following: IGI reports a marriage between Ellen Whelan and Thomas Nolan 24 Feb 1859 in Hacketstown, Carlow, Ireland. Notice the name Thomas in this name as it possibly relates to the James Thomas Nolan that I am researching. Second, James Thomas Nolan's first child had the middle name Ellen. Finally, James Thomas Nolan's fifth child was named Bridgett. I fully realize that this is not conclusive but it certainly does warrent more research. Thank you for the information.
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 8:54PM GMT

WHALEN-KEHOE connection

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2003 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: KEHOE, WHALEN
I have a feeling that my Margaret Whalen that married William Kehoe b.1826, the brother of my JOHN KEHOE, parents Patrick and Bridget Bryne of Co. Carlow, parish Leighlenbridge could fit into this line somewhere. They settled in Wisconsin around 1850 and raised a LONG line of Kehoe's.

If we could share information or hook up any lines, I would love to connect. Since this is not a direct line of mine, there might not be enough information on my website. Contact me please for more information.

Family information is made to be shared :)
Like love - it isn't until it's given away.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions