Search for content in message boards

Texas Convict

Texas Convict

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
The convict number field is set to 5 digits. Some of the later ones are 6 digits long. Can the field be extended or should we drop the first digit? That could make the longer numbers duplicates of the earlier, shorter fields. Forcing 6 digits into the 5 digit field makes them all come up as errors to be checked. That's a real pain in a set that contains 200 or more names!

Re: Texas Convict

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2012 5:18PM GMT
I haven't worked on the project in awhile, but just pulled up a set to see if I could enter a six digit convict number and it took it with no problems (it did turn pink with 7 digits). Maybe it's been fixed since you last tried?

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 6:19PM GMT
For some reason the number must be below 131,150.

Force the number for now, I'll see if I can get Anna to up the range
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 6:19PM GMT
There are only 20 convict names per image. If you are talking about the Index Lists, those are marked as a Cover Page and not keyed.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 8:10PM GMT
That's true. Only 20 convicts per page.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 8:34PM GMT
I've been keying these since the first day, and I have never run into a convict number that was a problem. I've had 4 numeral convict numbers, 5 numeral convict numbers, and 6 numeral convict numbers, and it has never made a difference. They all fit in the field. I have never found a seven digit convict number.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 9:11PM GMT
I think you're right about 200 on an image set being impossible - more like 40 (20 per page - 2 pages in a set). If you are keying that many in one set, it would not be keyed on a Convict Ledge form but a Cover Page form with no convict numbers or names.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 9:29PM GMT
I agree. That sounds like an index, not a convict ledger. That would be a cover page and would not be keyed.

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 1:57PM GMT
I've reviewed at least 4 sets that were Indexes and were keyed, instead of being marked as Cover page, etc!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic