Search for content in message boards

Tresidder Surname

Tresidder Surname

Jim Tresidder (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tresidder, Wilmot, Richards, Tovey, Puttock
William Tresidder married Anna Willmot on June 17, 1817 in Falmouth, Cornwall. Children of this union that I have been able to identify are Benjamin Wilmot (b. abt 1820), Henry (b. abt 1818), and Mary Ann Evans Tresidder (b. abt 1823).

Benjamin Wilmot married Charlotte Ann Richards (b. abt 1822 in Plymouth), daughter of John Richards. This marriage took place Sept. 20, 1845 at the Parish church of Falmouth, Cornwall, according to the rites of the Catholic church.
Children of Benjamin and Charlotte were George Charles Richards (b. abt 1842), William John (b. abt 1848), Anna Wilmot (b. abt 1850), Ben Inkerman (b. abt 1855), Joseph Henry (b. abt 1857) and Charlotte A. Tresidder (b. abt 1860).

George Charles Richards Tresidder may have had 2 wives - Laura A. (Maiden name unknown) and Amy Mary
Puttock, daughter of George Puttock and Elizabeth Jane Tovey. The marriage between George and Amy Mary
occured Nov. 19, 1876 in the register office in the District of Newcastle upon Tyne, and they moved to Canada in 1882.
According to the 1871 UK census, George and Laura had 3 children - Edith, Charles L, and Lucy. (Edith and Lucy may have been christened in Hoddeston abt 1879.)
At the time of his emmigration to Canada, he and Amy had 3 children - Ethel Maude, Alice Florence Barclay, and Percy Maziere G.

I would appreciate contact with anyone else who may be tracing the same line, both for potential family relationship and sharing of information

William Richards 1848

COLLEEN RICHARDS GOSSE (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: RICHARDS
i have my gr gr grandfather william Richards born August 6, 1848 in and immigrated to Newfoundland Candad in 1880 he spent alot of his life on ships. He married in Newofundland and had 2 sons WIlliam and robert.

Re: Tresidder Surname

Posted: 13 Oct 2001 12:58PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2003 2:04PM GMT
interesting to see that you are tracing Richards as well as Tresidder, my line is Richards of Devon back until 1740 but have cutting of more resent burial of relation and one of the mourners lsted is Mrs J Tresidder of Helston Cornwall wondered if you have heard of this name thje cutting is dated 1945 both Richards and Tresidder are listed as cousins to the deceased
good luck in your search

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 11:18AM GMT
Unfortunately, I have been unable to find much information about the Richards family (My GGGrandparents marriage registry, and an 1851 Census for Cornwall entry).
I have determined that both lived in Falmouth in the 1830-1850 date range.
My GGrandparents moved to Canada in 1882, and I have virtually no information on the lines that remained in the UK, and nothing other than the names of one Richards family (father and at least some of the children)
As fo the 1945 cutting, I would love to find that there is a connection, but I'm sorry to say, I am unable to confirm it for you at this time.

Re: William Richards 1848

Posted: 31 May 2002 9:50AM GMT
Surnames: Richards
Hello,
I have some documentation on a William R. Richards (1793-1847) A Robert L. Richards (6/27/1844-9/23/1908.)
Since you say William Richards spent a lot of time on ships, I have documentation of William Richards a congregational clergyman who was here in Hawaii and was very close to His Majesty King Kamehameha lll. The King appointed him to a delegation that was sent to the US to help resolve issues with other nations concerning Hawaii's Independence. William then travel back to Hawaii, and then move back to the US via New Mexico, and ending up in West Virginia. Could this possibly be a relation to your info? Let me Know...email me at ChattyKittyCat@aol.com thanks Kathie

Posted: 5 Dec 2002 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Tresidder, Ashbourne
I am looking for any relatives of Ethel Tresidder who married Thomas Ashbourne in Penzance. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Susan

Posted: 9 Dec 2002 2:35PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Tresidder, Ackroyd
My Ethel was married in Ottawa, Canada in 1902. Her husband's name was Percy Ackroyd. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a match.

Re: William Richards 1848

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 9:26PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2005 9:07AM GMT
Surnames: Richards,
My great grand father immigrated to the US with two brothers form Wales UK. His name was Alexander Richards MD. One of the brothers settled in NJ the other in KY. My great grandfather move to Mexico. They came in the early 1800's.

Do not have the names of the brothers. Can you tell any more about them?

Thanks

Henry Richards
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions