Search for content in message boards

Wright Family of Columbia,Pa.

Wright Family of Columbia,Pa.

Posted: 5 May 2002 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2003 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: Wright
Looking for information on family of Paul H. Wright born late 1800's.Mother Margie Wright,Grandfather James Mifflin Wright
grandmother Lovica H. His great grand parents are John L Wright and Ann Evans but I can't seem to get any further.There might even be brothers or sisters but I've hit a stone wall.

Re: Wright Family of Columbia,Pa.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 9:52PM GMT
My grandfather Robert Wright was a direct decendent of the Wright family. His mother was Anna Wright Leighton. There were 3 sisters which Anna was one of them. My grandfather had spent many years on the mansion property which was owned by the family. The Wright family bible is located in the museum of natural history in Philadelphia Pa. It is pretty descriptive with all the family members names with dates of births, deaths, children ect. I remeber being at the family reunion when the mansion was taken over by the museum.

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 12:14PM GMT
My great grandmother was Margie Wright.She was married to a Robert Leighton.Margie's parents were James Mifflin Wright and Lovica Hudson.My grandfather was Paul Wright.

Posted: 8 Apr 2010 2:54PM GMT
I was looking through my family tree and saw a Robert Wright and his mother Ann living with James Mifflin Wright,my grand father is listed also.Is this the same Wright family we are both interested in?

Posted: 9 Apr 2010 8:45PM GMT
The Wright's that you were refering to, Lovica, Margie were cousins to my grandfather. My grandfather's middle name was Gross. He was born out of wedlock and his mother was named Ann. and I was wrong the family bible is in the historical society museum in Lancaster, not Philly. But this is the same family.

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 4:18PM GMT
I tried contacting Historical Society in Lancaster Pa. They have no info on a Wright Bible. I believed I had found all the info I needed on my Great Grandfather Edward Bruner Wright: Parents James Mifflin Wright and Lovica Hudson Wright but I was recently asked if I would like to know who his real mother was I was amazed as she is listed on his death certificate as his mother. Unable to locate a birth certificate and the person who was to send me the information (" bio Mother" hasn't provided the info) I believe the bible to be my only hope.

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 6:39PM GMT
The bible is supposed to be in Philadelphia at a museum but I don't know any thing more.There seems to be a few missing stories.My grandfather's mother is Margie(olive Margaret)Wright.I have not been able to even find a delayed birth registration but his marriage license lists father as Arthur Long but my grand father is listed as Paul Hamilton Wright.

Posted: 2 Nov 2011 12:11AM GMT
I am planning a trip to Phil. soooo if I find the bible and see any info regarding Margie O Wright I'll be happy to inform you . Let me know if I can look for anything else for you. I did take a trip to Wrights Ferry Mansion and the older Genealogy( England ) of the family is recorded in the book "Wright's Ferry Mansion " by Meg Shaffer. Any way to contact you directly via E-Mail.

Posted: 2 Nov 2011 1:59AM GMT
My e mail is readpbk@comcast.net
Peg

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Brenner
I was at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania in Phila. yesterday. I think this is probably where the family Bible of the Wright's of Columbia may be (doesn't make sense that it would be at the natural history museum). They have a number of items on Wrights - check out the free online catalog. Secondly, I am trying to trace the ancestry of Hannah Wright b. ~ 1824, m. Israel Brenner and lived in Washington Boro which is just down the river road from Columbia. I am wondering/suspicious that there may be a connection w/ the Wrights of Columbia.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions