Search for content in message boards

1930 Census Info .

1930 Census Info .

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 11:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: VRBANAC & BASAR
I'm trying to find out some info on my Great Grandparents at this time . All I know is they both came to Ellis Island in 1905 , but on different Ships & Ports . I'm not for sure about that info. I know that my Great Grandfather MIko Vrbanac arrived at Ellis Island some time in Sept. to visit his sister (Anna Tomasic < & that he lived in Vivodina, Croatia . His wife Agnes "Agie" Basar(sounds /spell in the United States) - my Great Grandmother lived some where closed by (Karlovac) Vivodina , Croatia . I don't know alot about her . So please help ! They both got married some time in 1905 (Cuyahoga County , OH USA) .
If you need more info on these people go to my other box called VRBANEK , & BASAR .Thankyou for all the replies !
God Bless !
Diane

Re: 1930 Census Info .

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 4:28PM GMT
The spelling of their surname most likely will be way off..so, it may help to have a little more info. Date of birth, names of children, where children were born & when.
I found a few possibilities but, need more info.

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: VERBANEK "VRBANEK OR VRBANAC " , & BASAR
My Great Grandfather Miko married Agnes Basar in 1905 at the Ellis Island. They ot married in Cuyahoga County, OH USA .
Miko was born in 1887 . He lived in Vivodina , Croatia.
Agnes Basar - I'm having a hard time finding out info on her except that she came from Karlovac , Croatia .
They had 3 Children who were all born in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) . They were :

Nicholas - He died when he was a baby , but I don't know when even my Mom don't know . He might even be the youngest child . Don't know . Please help me on this journey .

Anne"verbanek" Mandel - married to my Grandfather Lodimus "Lodi" Mandel in Cleveland .
Born : Jan. 8,1910
Died : May 11,1990
Last place Resided : Chardon, OH Geaugago county USA - I think that how yo you spell it .

Edward Verbanek
Born : ????
Died :????? I think he' died in Brownstead County Florida .

Hope this info helps you .

Thanks a million for your help !!

Diane

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 4:34AM GMT
1920 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH
ED 491
Rebenick, Nicholas, 32 b. Croatia, US 1899, moulder foundry
------Aggie 32 b. Croatia, US 1899
------Annie 10 b. OH
------Edward 3/8/12 b. OH

hope this helps YOU!!
Posted: 11 Mar 2007 9:55AM GMT
Id#: 0767097
Name: Verbanek, Nickolas
Date: Aug 28 1959
Source: Cleveland Press; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #163.
Notes: Verbanek, Nickolas, beloved husband of Agnes, dear father of Anne Mandel, and Edward, and grandfather, brother of Joseph, John Mirko, Louis, Agnes, and Mary, late residence, 857 E. 139th St. Friends received at Jos. Zele & Sons Memorial Chapel, 458 E. 152d St., Friday 2-10 P. M., where services will be held Saturday at 8:15 A. M. and at St. Paul's Croatian Church (E. 40th St.) at 9 A. M. Interment Calvary Cemetery.

Id#: 0767095
Name: Verbanek, Agnes
Date: Jun 3 1962
Source: Plain Dealer; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #163.
Notes: Verbanek. Agnes Verbanek, beloved wife of Nicholas (deceased), dear mother of Ann Mandel and Edward, grandmother and great-grandmother, sister of Joseph Basar, late residence, 857 E. 139th St. Friends received at Jos. Zele & Sons Memorial Chapel, 458 E. 152nd St., Sunday 2 To 10 P. M. where services will be held Monday at 9:15 a. m. and at St. Mary's Church at 10 a. m. Interment Calvary Cemetery.

Id#: 0417369
Name: Basar, Joseph
Date: Sep 29 1969
Source: Plain Dealer; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #092.
Notes: Basar. Joseph Basar, beloved husband of Mary, dear uncle of Edward Verbanic and Mrs. Anna Mandel Funeral Monday St. Paul Church at 9 a.m. Friends may call at The Golub Funeral Home, 4703 Superior Ave., Sunday 1-9 P.M.

Cuyahoga Co., OH Marriage Index

BAMBIC, ALICE VERBANEK, EDWARD 0196 0060 44

BAMBIC, ANTONIA SKOZIER, JOHN 0152 0407 22

Id#: 0767096
Name: Verbanek, Edward
Date: Oct 27 1973
Source: Plain Dealer; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #163.
Notes: Verbanek. Edward Verbanek, beloved husband of Alice, father of Edward N., Alan F., Mrs. Blaine Pullin (Susan) and Mrs. Dan Kendall (Peggy), brother of Ann Mandel. Private services on Saturday 4 p.m. in The Boswell Jones Mortuary, 13613 Euclid Ave. at Forest Hill Blvd.

Edward Verbanek 18 Sep 1913 Oct 1973 Punta Gorda, Charlotte, Florida OH 272-03-4379

Id#: 0726782
Name: Skozier, Mrs. Antonia
Date: Dec 5 1956
Source: Cleveland Press; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #156.
Notes: Mrs. Antonia Skozier, who came to Cleveland 33 years ago, died Monday evening at Huron Road Hospital. She was 72 and a native of Yugoslavia. Survivors are her daughter, Mrs. Alice Verbanek; 11 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren, Mrs. Skozier lived at 13601 Diana Ave. Services will be tomorrow at 9:30 a. m. at St. Mary's Church on Holmes Ave.

John Skozier 57 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH abt 1873 Yugoslavia Head
Antonio Skozier 46 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH abt 1884 Wife
Alice Bambick 10 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH abt 1920 Yugoslavia Stepdaughter
Louis Bosanac 47 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH abt 1883 Yugoslavia Roomer
George Kusatrik 57 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH abt 1873 Yugoslavia Roomer

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 10:41AM GMT
Surnames: VRBANAC"VRBANEK" - VERBANEK , BASAR & SLADIE "SLADIC"
I'm new at this so could you please exlain more into detail what all this info means . Does it mean that this is Nicholas(Miko)'s syblins , parents are what .

Thank you so much on all your help !

Have a Bless Day !

Thanks Again !

Diane

Re: Obits

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 10:48AM GMT
Surnames: VRBANEK "VRBANAC OR VRBANEEK" , & BASAR
Thank you very much on finding out the obits. on my family . Could you please explain in more detail who's who , & how I'm related to them ?

Thank you for your time & patience with me !

Have a Bless Day !

Thanks again !

Diane

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 3:30PM GMT
Diane,
The 1920 census was the only one I could find your family on so far, which by the way..they were indexed as Robenick.
The census shows that Nicholas (Mike)& Aggie both came to this country in 1899. He was not a US citizen yet but apparenty had applied for his citizenship (NA means naturalized, AL means alien, & PA means in prosses of paperwork).
I'm still trying to find this family on earler census records.
Have you tried to get a copy of their marriage record? That may have the names of his parents.
Posted: 3 May 2009 3:26PM GMT
Ed Verbanek was not living in Florida when he died. He and Alice were living in Mentor, OH at the time. Alice remarried and moved to Florida with her new husband.

I was only 13 when he died, so it is possible that my memories are wrong, but that is how I remember it.
Posted: 6 May 2009 2:56PM GMT
No one said where he was living.

That is the official SSDI information.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions