Search for content in message boards

Greenville/Grenville Ontario

Greenville/Grenville Ontario

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 12:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pakenham/ Kennedy/Foster
I am looking for information on the Pakenham family that lived in Greenville/Grenville Ontario in the 1820 till around 1868 or so. Then left for the US. The names of whom I am looking for information on are a Charles Packenham a Mary Packenham or could of been May. I believe her maiden name was Kennedy. A James, Frances born in Canada 1828, Elizabeth born 1836, and a John born Canada 1839. John married a Sarah Foster. Any info will be very helpful. Thanks

Re: Greenville/Grenville Ontario

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PAKENHAM
You might want to check in Quebec. In the 1851 census, Charles and family are in Grenville Township, Deux Montagnes County, Canada East. Charles was born in Ireland ca 1789 and is listed as Episcopalian. The Ag schedule says he is on 50 acres of Lot 7 in the 3rd Concession. A note by the census taker says that the land is poor in this area (too rocky for good tillage) and those living there are very poor and there is not one school in the area and due to the population being very isolated ignorance is a problem.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions