Search for content in message boards

family in london/middlesex

family in london/middlesex

Christine Stone (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BEAN, BULLOCK, ELDRIDGE, LOCKET, DENNAHY, PIKE, INGLIS, SHUNN
I AM STARTING A FAMILY HISTORY. THESE ARE THE SURNAMES ASSOCIATED WITH MY FATHERS FAMILY WHO WERE BORN OR LIVED IN LONDON:
George Bean b.8 Jan 1857 in Wandsworth
Elizabeth Pike b.20 Dec 1858
Daniel Dennahy m. i1880 in Deptford
Anne Locket m.in1880 in Deptfod
Charles William Eldridge d.1886
Racheal Bullock
Stephen Shunn kept an off license in Fulham
Christine Helen Inglis m Stephen Shunn

Geneology.family in London/Middlesex.

Barbara Mead (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bullock
My great grandfather George Henry Bullock was born in the sub-district of South Chelsea in the County of middlesex,Greater London,England in 1883. He was born at 23 Lower George Street which I beleive was bombed down in the war. His parents were William Henry Bullock and his mother was Catherine nee Pritchard. Fathers profession Coachman. I beleive there were many children perhaps 10. George married Amelia Howlett in Oct 1912 at Christ church Fulham.they lived at Laugford Road Fulham. they had 1 daughter born 7 yrs before they married. They lived in Hugon Rd Fulham until his death in 1972.I would think my G.Grandfather was a good customer of the off-licence you speak of in fulham.

re: PIKE

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have an Amelia Pike (parents unknown) b:1836 Newington, Surrey, England. She married my GGGrandfather Thomas Grady and they resided mostly in Islington, Middlesex.

The family name Stone is also connected to this line.

Any connection?
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2002 6:36PM GMT
I am descended from the Shunn's of Bedford. My branch of the family emigrated to Ontario, Canada in 1847. There were also Shunn's about the same time in Wilts but I am not sure if/how they were related. I know of at least one Stephen Shunn born ca. 1770 in Bedford. I have a few odds and ends about the family that are connected to London. I don't know if I can help you or not but I would be interested in comparing notes.

Re: Shunn

Jeannie Bedair (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: Shunn
I am looking for Shunn family also. My Mother in law is the GGrandaughter of Thomas Shunn b. in England he married Anna Wheeler in New Market, Ontario if you can help let me know.
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 3:58AM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2002 4:45AM GMT
I am looking for Shunn family also. My Mother in law is the GGrandaughter of Thomas Shunn b. in England he married Anna Wheeler in New Market, Ontario if you can help let me know.

Re: family in london/middlesex

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: BEAN
I have just discovered my ggg grandfather William Kerridge married Eliza Bean in the March quarter 1849 in the district of St James Westminister.

In the 1851 census in Middlesex it shows:- living at Catherine Street, William Kerridge - Head - married 26 - Coach painter born Dennington, Suffolk. Eliza Kerridge - wife married - born Orford, Suffolk.

Can you help me with the Bean family line? Also, there are Eldridges married into my family here in Australia. Most of them were convicts and married into the Cramp family. If you wish to know more please Email me.

Regards,
Alan Doughty

Re: family in london/middlesex

Ian Smith (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2005 5:15PM GMT
Hi

I am interested in the Bean Conection as I am trying to trace my wifes family who were Beans in London.
any help or information would be mostr welcome

Re: Geneology.family in London/Middlesex.

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: HOWLETT/CORDERY/BISHOP
HI BARBARA, AMELIA HOWLETT WAS MY MOTHERS AUNT.HER PARENTS WERE MARGARET AND THOMAS. MY MOTHERS GRANDMOTHER WAS ELLEN HOWLETT WHO MARRIED WILLIAM CORDERY, THAT HAD ONE DAUGHTER MY GRANDMOTHER JENNIE DOROTHY. MY GRANDMOTHER JENNIE MARRIED HERBERT REGINALD BISHOP
Posted: 26 Nov 2012 3:07PM GMT
Hello Jeannie, my grandmother, Olive Marjorie Shunn (by marriage) came from Wiltshire. My grandfather (Harold Shunn)came from Australia. I wish that I knew more about my geneology. With warm regards Felicity
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions