Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Mar 2005 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: Garbutt, Barr, Michie, Farquharson
I am looking for information on any of the above names

Farquharson

Posted: 27 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
I dont see that name on my list but who know's I know very little about this side on the family

Info on Farquharson

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Farquharson
I have been looking for info on Charles Farquharson who married Annie Little.From what I have been told they both came from Nova Scotia,I know she died in FL but not sure were he is.Her date of birth date is Feb27,1870 died in 1953 in FL.If you could help in anyway Please e-mail me at cfarquharson@myfamily.com I have my own website for Farquharson Family all around the globe that I run.

RE:Farquharson

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Farquharson
Thank you for getting back to me,if you should come a cross the names please e-mail me.I know once i'm done in Nova Scotia then it goes to Scotland.I will get to the next as soon as i'm done their.

Re: Garbutt Information

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 11:02AM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2003 11:18AM GMT
I have a couple of Garbutts in my tree, who specifically are you looking for.

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Garbutt,Barr,Michie,
I have several garbutts.. I am looking for information on my maternal greatgrandfathers siblings.. my grandfather was roy and his father was albert who married ellen barr...

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 12:10PM GMT
I have Roy Edgar Garbutt married to Ida Miche and their daughter Nellie married Melvin Jubenville.

I also have a Solomon Garbutt with two daughters, they both married into my Crow family.

Let me know if any connection

Kristy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2001 5:28AM GMT
Solomon Garbutt is my great-great-grandfather. Perhaps this is the same person in your line- was he born 1850 to parents William and Rachel? I only know of one son, Wray, who is in my line as well.

I have a bit more info on him that I would be willing to share, and I would love any info that you are willing to share.

Posted: 19 Nov 2001 3:45PM GMT
I have Solomon Garbutt married to Elspet Chalmers. As I have following their two daughters since they married into my Crow line, I have no further information back ward on them, only forwards.

Their two daughters are Velma born in 1911 and Helen born in 1913. Velma married a Crow and her sister married a Johnston, who is a Crow cousin.

Velma was born in Solmon Arms, BC. Helen was born in Lufkin, Texas in the states.

I don't know much more. Does it sound familiar?

Kristy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 3:00AM GMT
Hmm, I'm not sure - it's possible though. I have that Wray Melvin Garbutt was born to Solomon Garbutt and Elizabeth Euphemia/Duphemia/Euphemia Parking (last name may not be correct, unsure of middle name spelling. It's possible that middle name is actually the last name too - unclear). Melvin was born in 1889 in Woodstock, Ont. He died in 1950 in Salmon Arm, BC, after living in the area for 43 years. Makes since for Velma's birthplace. Most of my family lives in Salmon Arm - which I believe corrolates to your 'Solmon Arms, BC.'

My family knows that Wray had siblings, but Wray had a falling-out with them regarding the care of their parents, so he never spoke a word of them to his children or wife.

At first I didn't think we matched, but because of Salmon Arm/Solmon Arms, I believe we do!!! It's also possible that Elspet is interchangable with Elizabeth. I know that both Solomon and Elizabeth are buried in Salmon Arm in unmarked graves.

Please contact me through my email address listed if you would like to know more. I would also be curious in hearing about Wray's (possible) sisters.

We may be on to something!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic