Search for content in message boards

butler-motley-nunn families

butler-motley-nunn families

Posted: 31 May 2002 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Butler
I am working on my family heritage. The cemetary dates are in error on Charlie Butler Sr and Charlie Butler Jr, They are in the King cemetary(Old Kingston). Also Hattie Butler is Hettie Butler. My web site is @: www.butlerheritage.com

Re: butler-motley-nunn families

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
What part of Autauga County are your Motley's from? My g-grandmother was Luvenia Motley Stoudemire. Her parents were Ollie Mae Pickett Motley and Willie Lee Motley. Her known siblings were Ethel, Eddie, and George Motley. If any of these names sound familiar please email.

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2002 1:19AM GMT
My grandmother was Ada Josephine Motley daughter of Robert Motley and Ada Golson. Ada(my grndmother was born Feb 28, 1876 in Autauga Co. Ala and died June 26, 1919 . she married Edward Nimrod Fisher Nov 6, 1895 in Prattville, Ala.

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 8:02PM GMT
hi david, i am nunn-motley. my motley's are from the prattville area. the name you mentioned (Louvenia) was she a parker also? i have heard my father John mention Louvenia many times. they were raised up together, i am sure this is the same person. do you know of john will motley? my gfather and his sister married into each others family. my gfather married a motley and a motley married a nunn making us double kin as they call it. please provide me with info on your nunn/motley side of the family.

Thanks,

Louella Nunn Crenshaw

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 8:13PM GMT
Hi, i am curious of the motley family. i am also a member of the motley family. my gmother was mary motley daughter of John Motley. have you heard of John Motley? I do know that his father wad John Will Motley. they are all from Autauga County, in the Prattville area. let me know if there is a link.

Thanks,

Louella Nunn Crenshaw
Birmingham, Alabama

Posted: 19 Feb 2003 11:01PM GMT
I am not sure if you were trying to reach david, but the email got to me. My Motley's are from Autauga County, but outside of Prattville. My g-grandmother was Louvenia Motley Stoudemire. She was born (April 1911) to Wille Lee Motley and Ollie Mae Pickett Motley. She had a sister named Ethel and brothers named George and Eddie. Willie Lee Motley had a brother named Stylin Jean Motley. I know there are alot of black and white Motley's in Autauga County; however, my Motley's are African-Americans.

louella nunn crenshaw (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 4:53PM GMT
Hi there, my Motley's are also African American. they could have also lived outside of Prattville. If we continue to try and connect the dots we just might discover the link. I have always heard most of Prattville. I assume that was the big town there. I have an older relative that lives in the Detroit area that know much information about the Nunn's and Motley's. I will contact you as soon as we talk to find out if she know the Motley family that you reference.

Until later

Louella Nunn Crenshaw

Posted: 30 Aug 2004 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2004 5:01AM GMT
hi david, i believe that we have the same ancestors. i have looked up information on pet and ike think they were twins. i know they were mulatto, born on the same date, in the same county or do you think this might just have been an incident. i will give you a call. Louella

Posted: 30 Aug 2004 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2004 5:01AM GMT
hi david, i believe that we have the same ancestors. i have looked up information on pet and ike think they were twins. i know they were mulatto, born on the same date, in the same county or do you think this might just have been an incident. i will give you a call. Louella

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:37AM GMT
I am a howard/motley the names sound familiar but i stayed away alot so would have to ask my grand mother who is Geraldine Howard/(motley-stoudemire) and grand father Charlie Howard. I am the daughter of their youngest daughter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions