Search for content in message boards

Littlejohn pictures

Littlejohn pictures

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know where I can locate and have access to any pictures of John Tom Littlejohn, b. 1843 S.C., d. 1923 Texas. and Mary Elizabeth Littlejohn, b.1852 S.C. d. 1900? Thanks.Paul

Re: Littlejohn pictures

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: LITTLEJOHN
Which line is your Mary Elizabeth Littlejohn from? My great-grandmother was a Mary Elizabeth Littlejohn,but she was born in 1846 in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 5:51PM GMT
I have that Mary Elizabethn Littlejohn's father is Charles Pinckney Littlejohn b. 1824 S.C. d.1894 Tx. Her mother was Lettie W. Smith b.1827 S.C. d.1900 Tx. She married John Tom Littlejohn in 1870. There is a note on the original 1870 U.S. census stating the date they were married. I believe they were distant cousins because her maiden name was Littlejohn.

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 6:54PM GMT
Your ancestor is not mine. My gg grandfather was Samuel Felix Walker Littlejohn. Many of the Littlejohns married their cousins. My great grandmother married her cousin but he died in the Civil War. Hope you find your information.

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 8:18PM GMT
John Tom and Mary Elizabeth were third cousins. His father was Dr. Thomas Russell Littlejohn of South Carolina - her father was Charles Pinckney Littlejohn of South Carolina. John Tom's father was the brother of Pinckney's father (William "Lawyer Bill).

I am related to both lines because John Tom's sister was my g-g-g grandmother ( :) ). The "Lawyer" Bill line went ot Lamar County Texas about 1849 - family still live on a piece of what was the plantation. The family cemetery is located there. John tom and Mary Elizabeth are buried there.

I have pictures of CP and Lettie and others through my grandfather - some of Jon Tom's historical papers though.

Posted: 27 Jun 2011 3:15PM GMT
Thanks for the info. I am also related to both lines They are my great-great-great-grand parents. My great grandmother was Lettie Littlejohn. My e-mail address is pgcrocker@gmail.com. Please e-mail me the pictures that you have. I have been doing alot of research and am trying to put together a family history book. Thanks again and take care. Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions