Search for content in message boards

Shehee---Tooke Cemetery

Shehee---Tooke Cemetery

Dan Shehee (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shehee, Tooke
The Shehee---Tooke Cemetery is supposed to be north of Ringold near Lake Bistineau (not sure of spelling). Has anyone ever done a survey of it? Does anyone know if it has tombstones, or if it is easy to reach, or way back in the woods.
Any information on this cemetery would be appreciated. They came from Georgia to settle in Ringold area.They were grandsons of Revolutionary War Soldier from Maryland, who is buried here in Georgia. I hope one day to get out there to try and locate it. Thanks for any reply from anyone who knows of this cemetery.

Dan Shehee

Re: Shehee---Tooke Cemetery

Posted: 19 Jan 2003 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: (Theus, Alford, Rambo, Weathers, Ashley)
I have some African American Sheehee's in my database from Ringgold. Do you think that they could be related?

Dan Shehee (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 7:27PM GMT
Darwin

Although I am white; I would be interested in the African American Shehee's listed in your data base. I am also presently trying to help an African American Shehee from the Queens, New York area track down his ancesters.

The Shehee's married into the Rambo family in Decatur County Ga. in 1840's and moved to Beinville Parrish La. in early 1850's. They also married into the Vickers family who moved there too.

The only African American Shehee's I have come acrosss were either from Pike County GA or Decatur County GA. Some across Florida line in Jefferson County, Fla. all areas where my ancesters settled.

The cemetery I am talking about is supposed to be north of Ringold some where near the Lake.

I you find anything out about it. Please let me know.

Dan Shehee

Dan Shehee (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 7:29PM GMT
Darwin

Although I am white; I would be interested in the African American Shehee's listed in your data base. I am also presently trying to help an African American Shehee from the Queens, New York area track down his ancesters.

The Shehee's married into the Rambo family in Decatur County Ga. in 1840's and moved to Beinville Parrish La. in early 1850's. They also married into the Vickers family who moved there too.

The only African American Shehee's I have come acrosss were either from Pike County GA or Decatur County GA. Some across Florida line in Jefferson County, Fla. all areas where my ancesters settled.

The cemetery I am talking about is supposed to be north of Ringold some where near the Lake.

I you find anything out about it. Please let me know.

Dan Shehee

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 9:19AM GMT
I an interested in the Rambo family that married into the Shehee family. My Great-grandmother, Mattie Rambo's father James Madison was born in Georgia. I am very much interested in the Rambo family lines. My Great-Gramdmother was born in 1860, in Jasper Co., Mississippi. James Madison Rambo moved his family to Maxia twn., Limestone Co., Texas. In 1877, Mattie married my GreatGrandfather, Marcus Aurelius Tooke, in Maxia Twn., LImestone Co., Texas. Out of this union was born 9 children, my Grandmother, Winifred Dezeree Tooke, was second to last to be born in , Dec., 1899, she died in Hollywood, California in 1939. My Grandmother Dezeree, was 5 ft. 4 in., had black hair, blue eyes, with bronzed tannish colored skin. Well any way if you have any information on the Rambo lines I would appreciate it very much. Thanks, Alondra Mack Tooke

Posted: 14 Dec 2004 9:31PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2005 4:44PM GMT
Dan,

I live in Ringgold & am in the process of trying to find this cemetery along with some others around Lake Bistineau. email me @ rignach@hotmail.com with any other info you have & i will get back with you when i have found it.

Regina

Alondra Mack (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2005 7:17AM GMT
Surnames: TOOKE, RAMBO, NICHOLS, MACK
Regina, I am very interested in the Tooke Cemetryin Ringgord, I think my GGgrandfather, Thomas Blackshear Tooke is buried there. If you could e-mail me at alondramack@yahoo.com, I would really appreciate it.
My GGrandfather, Marcus Aurelius Tooke, was born in Ringgorl, Bienville Parish, La., in 1852, by 1880 had movd to Limestone Co, Texas, and married my GGrandmother, Mattie Rambo, my Grandmother Wenifred Dezree Tooke, was second to last child born, they had 9 children. Thanks, Alondra Mack

warren baker (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2005 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: SHEHEE-TOOKE
what sheehee or tooke was rev.war vet from maryland.

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
There are African-Americans with the Shehee name in Ringgold. Carrie Theus, (afro-american) married a Shehee

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 2:15AM GMT
I have a bit of information regarding the African American Shehee family in the Ringgold/Sibley area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic