Search for content in message boards

Hammond, Revels, Chavis,Smith,Lowery, Locklear

Hammond, Revels, Chavis,Smith,Lowery, Locklear

Posted: 16 May 2002 5:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hammond , Revels , Chavis , Smith , Lowry , Locklear
Seeking information on descendants of John Hammons , c.1705-1826 , with these surnames, Bowen, Smith , Chavis , Lowery, Locklear . All near Saddletree , Ten Mile and Burnt Swamp in the 1800's. Particulary need help with Lowery and Locklear lines. Will share what I have on these lines. Thanks

Re: Hammond, Revels, Chavis,Smith,Lowery, Locklear

Posted: 18 May 2002 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hammond, Revels, Chavis,Smith,Lowery, Locklear
I am seeking information on Clarisey Revels who married Peter Chavis about 1877 and had a daughter Dessie, son Benjamin and possibly two other daughters Mattie and Fannie. If you have any information please contact me. I have a book "Genealogy A Perspective" authored by Grady Locklear of Pembroke, NC, February 1989 which has a lot of information on the surnames you have listed. I have found nothing on Peter and Clarisey's branch.

Posted: 25 May 2002 7:58AM GMT
I have check what I have on the Revels and Chavis lines. Have seen the name Peter Chavis , but have no information on his family . Will keep looking . Sorry. Where did you get the book by Mr. Locklear ? I would love to know if he has any of the people I need help on in it. Helen

Posted: 30 May 2002 1:52AM GMT
I was corresponding with a Grady Locklear from Pembroke, NC, Robeson County. I believe he is or was a teacher at Piney Grove School. His book was very informative, but other than giving me information on my grandfather and grandmother he had no other information on my ggrandparents. Being a Locklear he could probably help you. I have not been in touch with him in some time, but if you are in NC maybe you can get some information on him.

hkraml (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2002 7:07PM GMT
If you give me the names you are interested in researching maybe I can find some leads for you in the book I have. I just seem to get all deadends on my Chavis relatives. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 9:54AM GMT
Thanks for the offer. I did find your Peter in the 1920 census for Robeson Co. I wonder if he is related to the Peter Chavis who married Rachel Locklear in Wake Co. I tried to find that Peter in the 1860 census records , but no luck. I don't have a particular person in mind right now , but my main interest is in the descendants of Dorcas Hammons and Owen Revels. When I have time , I might have a specific name. Would like to know if that line is mentioned in the book , though. Thanks again . Helen

hkraml (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2002 3:17AM GMT
A quick check of my book mentions that Owen Revels and Jonathan Revels (my great-great-grandfather) were brothers - sons of Nathaniel Revels and Mary Revels. Owen was b. 1804 & d.1882. Married Dorcas Hammonds 4/23/1831. Other sibs: Henry, Frederick, Lauenia, Sarah, Neill, Betsy & Elizas. If you have an e-mail address I will try to send you the complete page of information on the other sibs. Too lengthy to include here. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 9:45PM GMT
Dorcas Hammond was the niece of my gggggrandfather. I have an email address- it's kinda long - hski864191@aol.com.
I appreciate your help , wish I could help with your Peter Chavis. Will keep looking . Helen

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 10:58PM GMT
Surnames: McInnis, Ratley, Lowrey, Blue
What info do you have on the Lowery's? My ggrandmother born in 1894 was Mary Lowery. She "ran away" from her parents as a teenager. She settled in Columbus county(Fair Bluff) and married my grandfather a McLeod. I am assuming was actually from the Robeson area.

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 11:00PM GMT
I am researching the families of William Lowery and Lucinda Revels and Henry H. Lowery and Julia Revels. Neither has a daughter Mary. William and Lucinda had a daughter born 1895 , name Ida. I have nothing more on her. Wish I could help. Helen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic