Search for content in message boards

Dietzman Cemetery, Rewey

Dietzman Cemetery, Rewey

Posted: 12 May 2006 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I'm researching the Dietzman Cemetery on Lower Mifflin Road, Mifflin Township, Iowa County. If anyone has any information as to who might be buried there or any information sources (online or otherwise) we could investigate, we would appreciate it. We've found a plat of the cemetery, but there are a lot of missing/older stones.

Re: Dietzman Cemetery, Rewey

Posted: 14 May 2006 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2006 6:51PM GMT
I do not have a list of this cemetery. However could you tell me something about it? How large is it? Is the cemetery easy to find? You mentioned that you have a plat of the cemetery "but there are a lot of missing/older stones. Do you have a partial list of people buried there? I am looking for any Clayton headstones in the Mifflin area. I plan on visiting the area in early June. Any help will be appreciated.

Don Johns (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2006 4:16PM GMT
I have ancesters buried at the DIETZMAN Cemetery. I have NOAH DIETZMAN and his wife ABIGAIL (HITCHCOCK) DIETZMAN. Daut. of Sidney & Sarah Jane Hitchcock. =================================NOAH b. 10 May 1839 d. 28 Feb 1928. Son of Johann & Johanna Dietzman =================================ABIGAIL b. 31 July 1853 d. 22 Feb 1881. ================================= I have not done any research on the cemetery at this time but, it is on my things to do.

Posted: 9 May 2007 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Dietzman Sittig
I have a Noah Dietzman who married Alice Sittig. Is this the same Noah, who remarried after his first wife's death ?

Posted: 16 May 2007 9:24PM GMT
Hello, I have been very busy and just caught you message. You probably have the same Noah Dietzman that married Abigail Hitchcock. I believe She died she died in 1881. I am sure she is buried in the DIETZMAN Cemetery in IOWA County. I was not aware that NOAH had remarried after her death. Do you know if he is also buried @ the same cemetery? ======================================================================== Feel free to contact me at packerdon@webtv.net. ======================================================================== I have a 50th class reunion the 28th of July in Platteville and would like to take some pictures of the grave sites if they have stones. ======================================================================== Don Johns in Manitowoc, WI

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 12:10AM GMT
If you send me you email I will send inscriptions of the cemetery copied in 1975.

vmatz@tds.net

Virgil

Posted: 7 Jun 2007 9:36PM GMT
I have inscriptions of the cemtery, email me at vmatz@tds.net Virgil

Posted: 21 May 2008 8:30PM GMT
Visited the old homestead a few years back, when I got a free weekend, while in Chicago on business. FOund the old graveyard, and took some pretty good pictures of it.

All of the immigrant ancestral family of John C. Dietzman (Johann Christlieb Dietzmann in Germany) and many later Dietzmans and their spouses are buried there.

Earliest burial is one of their children who died quite young, and unmarried as I recall.

Will check at home this evening and see what details I have in my visit log book.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Sittig
I am a great niece of Alice Sittig Dietzman. She is still living. The Noah who married her died some years ago, in 1990's I think.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions