Search for content in message boards

obit for Eivens Compton

obit for Eivens Compton

tigerlily =';'= (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2001 1:04AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: compton
The following obit is reprinted from the Bristol Herald Courier, in Bristol Va. It is here with their permission.

Eivens Compton

HAYSI--Eivens Compton, 87, of Route 2 passed away Monday, Dec. 10, 2001, at Wake Med Hospital in Raleigh, N.C. Born in Buchanan County, he was a son of the late Authur and Deliah Turner Compton. Mr. Compton was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, was a retired welder from Cadillac Motors and of the Old Regular Baptist faith. He was preceded in death by five brothers and one sister.
Survivors include his wife, Elsie V. Compton; a son, Harold Eugene Compton and wife, Barbara, of Roseville, Mich.; a brother, Garnie Compton of Grundy; four sisters, Maxie Compton of Alexandria, Va., Orbie Karling of Redford, Mich., Nora Fletcher of Kingsport and Sylvia Richardson of Texas; several nieces and nephews; and friends.
Funeral service will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, 2001, at Haysi Fuenral Home with Elders Trinkle Mullins, Willie Cantrell and A.L. Yates officiating. Burial will follow in the R.D. Viers Cemetery, Haysi. Nephews and friends will serve as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearers will be Dr. Missak and members and friends of Turner Old Regular Baptist Church. Friends may call at Haysi Funeral Home on Wednesdasy, Dec. 12 after 6 p.m. where an evening service will be held at 7 p.m. with Elders Conard Stallard, Carl Mullins and A.L. Yates. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Turner Old Regular Baptist Church.
Haysi Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangments.

Note: I am of no relation

Re: obit for Eivens Compton

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 10:03PM GMT
My grandfather is James Lafayette Compton, born 2/18/04, married 12/28/27 to Becie Loreen Beaver. Are they part of your family? I had some information but in moving I lost it. The family originally came from London where there is a Compton house. I am looking for grandpas' siblings and before them. He was born in N.Carolina, and had 11 siblings if I remember right, I know he was the oldest. Grandma was also born in N.C. and also had 11 siblings. She was born 2/7/06. I am looking for her previous relatives, also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic