Search for content in message boards

Richard Newton b.1590 in Suffolk, England came to America 1638

Richard Newton b.1590 in Suffolk, England came to America 1638

Posted: 27 Jun 2000 2:05PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 6:24PM GMT
Any one a descendent of this Newton? Richard came to America in 1638 and was one of the founders along with Edmund Rice of Sudbury, MA. He was married to Anne (Hanna) Loker.

Richard Newton

Pam Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2000 7:24AM GMT
I have some pages that were photo-copied from a book found at the Vermont Historical Society. They were passed on to my family from a Newton in Georgia, Vermont. It may be the same Richard Newton you are looking for. This is what's on the cover page:
NEWTON GENEALOGY, Genealogical Biographical Historical
Being a record of the descendants of RICHARD NEWTON of Sudbury and Marlborough, Massachusetts, 1638
with genealogies of families descended from the immigrants: Rev. Roger Newton of Milford, CT.; Thomas Newton of Fairfield, CT.; Matthew Newton of Stonington, CT.; Newtons of Virginia; Newtons of Boston
Compiled by: Ermina Newton Leonard
Published by: Bernard Ammidown Leonard; De Pere, Wisconsin; 1915
Hope this is of help!
Pam Newton Osborne

Richard Newton

Craig DeOliveira (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 11:29AM GMT
Pam, I have alot of infor on Richard Newton of Sudbury. He is a direct ancestor of mine. There is also a book on Newton geneology called The Descendants of Richard Newton. I don't know where you live but there is a copy of it in the New York Public Library. Let me know if I can help you. Craig.

Richard Newton

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 6:24PM GMT
Craig i would very much like some info since you a direct descendent, and have researched it. What is the name of the ship Richard came to America on? I ma having little luck finding this info although I can find he came here 1638 about the same time as Edmund Rice another family link I can't find him on a passenger list. Of course can't find Edmund either but he is listed as having been on the Confidence 1638. Also can you fill in the parents of Richard Newton? I found some info on the internet but I hate using it with blind faith since much of the time the info is contradicted on another site, or the dates don't match etc. I have only been at this since march when I was laid up recovering from bi-lateral knee replacements. Needed something to pass the time now I am hooked. Any help would be much appreciated, I live in a little town called Lapeer, MI and our library has a small genealogy section with some helpful books but nothing when it comes to family histories unless they founded this town. Thanks again for any help you can provide.
Ila

Richard Newton

Craig (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 8:36PM GMT
Hello Ila, Going by a book I have called "Newton Genealogy, Being a record of the Descendants of Richard Newton of Sudbury, MA I had the same information that you have. Basically he came about the summer or fall of 1638 directly from England. Possibly on the ship "Confidence" but that's not definite. I do have that he died 24 Aug 1701, close to a 100 years old in Marlborough, MA. Other than that I have nothing more on Richard Newton. Craig.

Newton

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 8:32AM GMT
Did any of this Newton Family migrate to NC? My grandmother was a Newton before marrying Alvin Thomas Mason. I have information on the Mason family back to 1602 from Pershore, England. Would like to get information on the Newton's

Richard Newton Ancestry

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 3:21PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
I am a direct descendent of Moses Newton, son of of Richard and Hanna. I have quite a bit of info. Ask for the gedcom file. Ill be glad to send it. Also I know descendents of John Newton Son of Richard and Hanna. They live near me.

Richard Newton descendents

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 3:33PM GMT
Pam,

Send me what info you have..to jfn2266@aol.com Ill be glad to send you my gedcom file.

John

Richard Newton Descendants

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 3:43PM GMT
Craig,

Please send what you have to jfn2266@aol.com .........I am a direct descendant to Moses Newton, Son of Richard. Also Ill be glad to send my gedcom file.

John Newton

Richard Newton

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2002 2:11AM GMT
Craig,
My husband has the Newton line in his genealogy and the farthest back we have is to a Richard Newton who married Sarah Ruggles in May 1735 in MA. One child of theirs was Ebenezer born c: 1740. Eb married Suzannah Hubert 1768 in Keene, NH.
Does this sound like the Richard you are speaking/writing about?
Our Richard is as far back as we have been able to go and we know nothing about him.
Thanks CJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions