Search for content in message boards

GreatGrandfather from Bohemia

GreatGrandfather from Bohemia

Posted: 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: PIVNISKA
Great Grandfather Matthew Pivniska immigrated to US from Bohemia in 1880's. He settled in Nebraska, near Ohiowa.I have no information about him so even the smallest item would be appreciated.

Re: GreatGrandfather from Bohemia

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Pivniska, Gottschalg, McAllister
My grandmother was Lois Gottschalg McAllister, daughter of Olga Pivniska Gottschlag, seventh child of Matthew and Anna Pivniska. I have her mother's obit and am going through some of her family history. Would love to share info. Until finding this I knew little about her side of the family, she had such a distressing childhood she rarely spoke of them.

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 1:16AM GMT
Dear Pivniska Cousin, So very happy to hear from you. I don't have a lot of information, but will share what I have. When I was growing up I kept asking my Dad about his family. Because his parents split up when he and his sisters were kids, he didn't know much. The only thing I found about Olga was that she was my grandfather's sister. My Dad only knew about Rose and Mary. I have obits for Matt and Anna and if you give me your address I will make copies of all I have and get them into the mail for you. I live in Chico, Calif. My name is Mary Pivniska Wiebe.. 67 years old. Sincerely, Mary

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 4:48PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic