Search for content in message boards

Andrew J Ainsworth

Andrew J Ainsworth

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Andrew J , Zelmer,Thad Evans, Charlie Smith Wyatt
I am looking for info on Andrew J Ainsworth. He was the father of Zelmer Caroline Ainsworth She was Married to Thad Evans Wyatt and then Later to Charlie Smith Wyatt.I believe that they lived in the area of Lovelady, Houston.
Andrew was born in 1883, and he has at least 2 other children, Myrtle and Lula.
His spouse name is not know.
I would appreciate any name that you could add to this for me.
Thank you, Sandra Wilkins.

Re: Andrew J Ainsworth

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 6:15PM GMT
I think I MAY have found your Andrew J Ainsworth family :::
1910 Justice Precinct 2, Trinity co., Texas:
JASPER (middle name?) Ainsworth age 30 b. Tx., father b. Mississippi, mother b. Mississippi
wife Nannie, age 30 b. Tx. father b. Ireland, mother b. Louisiana.
dau. Zelmer age 4 b. Tx, f. b. Tx. m. b. Tx.
dau. Myrtle age 2 b. Tx. f. b. Tx. m. b. Tx.
Jasper listed as a 'traveling insurance agent.'
Census dated April 27, 1910.
This may be why, we have not been able to find him, with him using his middle name of legal purposes.
I am not related to Ainsworth family, but have helped many to locate their relatives. Hope this helps.
Bev. bevstringer@email.com or beastringer@aol.com

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 9:21PM GMT
Continueing from original email:
Found Nannie Ainsowrth (Norrine spelling error, hard to read) age 41 b. Tx.
in:
North Texas Hosptial for the Insane :: originally North Texas Lunatic Asylum founded in 1885)
Terrell Ward 2, Kaufman, Tx. Hospital for many many Texas county patients.
This census date Jan 10, 1920.
Hospital name changed to Terrell State Hosptial in 1925
Sooooooo, in 1930 she appears as Manie Ainsworth, but spelling in incorrect and should be Nannie Ainsworth b. abt 1880 in Tx. Located in Terrell, Kaufman Co., Tx age 50 in Terrell State Hospital, Kaufman co., Tx.

Another possible clue to this family is Myrtle Ray Ainsworth,(if this is the correct person?)b. May 5, 1908 Tx., d. Jan 14, 1988 Meced California and a possible marriage surname of Morris?? the info states that her mothers maiden name is/was Haynes.

Hopefully this helps you some and is correct. Bev.

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Ainsworth
The book, Trinity County Beginnings, contains this explanation of how Nannie ended up in the asylum.
"While he slept Nanny melted lead and poured it into his right ear. Although not killing him, it rendered him deaf in that ear. She was promptly committed to the State Asylum."

I have information on his parents and siblings if you are interested.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 3:34AM GMT
Thank you so much. I am new to all of this and so happy to have another link to the chain.....although, i would prefer to not have a great grandmother that was insane!!!!!!!Oh, well....lol
Sandra

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 3:41AM GMT
This is something to consider:
It appears that Zelmer could have been born about the same time as the incident with your grandmother. It is possible that she was not insane, considering the deed she did, could have been related simply to post partum depression. In the early 1900's, it had not yet become a 'diagnosis', and many acts like this placed a female in a mental institute. Post Partum Depression, does not have to occur immediately after birth, could happen months down the road.
As a retired mental health nurse, I would accept the above as the most possible explanation. Many females were wrongly placed, so chin up and reconsider your 'insane' thoughts ::: please.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 3:47AM GMT
Thank you for the word of encouragement.......it was a rough time for women. I think that Nannie was possibly zelmer's mother, because Zelmer is my grandmother. Her fathers name was the only link that I have. My fathers side of the family were very closed mouth. AJ Ainsworth was all that I had for many years. I recently learned that his name was Andrew.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 3:53AM GMT
I made a mistake with birth kids,
in 1920 Zelemer b. 1906
Myrtle b. 1908
Lula b. 1913
Zelmer m thad Evans Wyatt and #2 Chalie smith
Also, found Jasper listed as father of the three, middle name? Living in Trinity Tx, same area as North Texas Hospital.
Also found jasper age 5 b. 1875 with mother elizabeth age 35 and Caroline age 12 sister, and James age 8 in 1880 Hardin co., Tx. May be able to help more later on.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 3:57AM GMT
In 1900 Justcie Precinct, Tyler Tx
Jasper b. Oct 1879 Tx (married 1899)
Nannie b. Mar 1880
Malinda A. Lee sister age 21 b. March 1878
elizabeth P Lee age 53 mother b. 1846 Mississippi (b. Feb 1846) widowed
George E Lee brother b. May 1887 age 13
Mandie Holyfield step daughter b. July 1897 Tx
census dated June 7 1900
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions