Search for content in message boards

Almon Hopkins Millard

Almon Hopkins Millard

Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: MILLARD, BRACE, DUNCOMBE, SPALDING, SHENICK
I am seeking information on Almon Hopkins MILLARD, born April 19, 1787 in Pittsford, VT, died May 6, 1838 in Lockport, NY. Most of his children were born in Ontario Co, NY. He appears to have moved from Ontario Co, NY to Niagara Co, NY around 1818. He was the first elected sheriff in Niagara Co, NY. He married Mary BRACE, born April 2, 1787 in Bethlehem, CT and died on December 4, 1862 in Albany, NY.I believe Mary BRACE was the daughter of Joseph Brace but have no documented proof as yet. There is a Joseph Brace who died in Victor, Ontario Co, NY in 1812. Almon and Mary Brace Millard were married in Bloomfield, Ontario Co, NY in 1808. Their children were: Almon Hopkins MILLARD, Jr., Brace MILLARD, Emily Dorcas MILLARD SPALDING, Lucy MILLARD DUNCOMBE, Huldah MILLARD, Napoleon Bonaparte MILLARD, Wellington Howard MILLARD, Mary Ednah MILLARD SHENICK, Washington Lafayette Millard. Any information on this family would be appreciated. I have a lot to share on some branches. I am directly descended from Napoleon Bonaparte MILLARD. Thanks. Ron Denes

Re: Almon Hopkins Millard

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Duncombe
I have an Alfred H. Duncombe b. 1805 in NY. He lived most of his life in Westchester co. and was married to my gggrandmother, Naomi Lamoureux. The "Duncombe Homestead" is still in Mt. Vernon today. I know much of the family used to visit relatives in Calif. and that my ggrandmother's first child was born in LA in 1875. Does this ring any bells? Thanks

Posted: 1 Feb 2006 8:57PM GMT
Did your Napolean Bonaparte MILLARD ever live in Columbia Co., WI? Our grandfather was a fireman in Portage, WI and remembers a "Bone" Millard, but he did not think he was any relation to our Stephen Millard line.

P. Millard (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2006 4:03AM GMT
Was your Napolean Bonaparte Millard the one who died in Milwaukee Co., WI? See my posting to the original inquiry. Am trying to fit Napolean into our line of Columbia Co., WI after 1851-52. Thanks for any help you may provide. P.S. We named our new apricot male standard poodle after this Napolean and call him "Bones." He has three doggie playmates.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions