Search for content in message boards

Bond family from Bertie County, NC

Bond family from Bertie County, NC

carolyn watson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 11:49AM GMT
I'm interested in know anything about a Luke Bond.
He was a freed Slave. He married Amanda Speller.
He had 20+ children...some went to Phila and others to NY.
He was my great-grandfather. Any information please email me at nubian59@hotmail.com.

BOND

BEVERLY YVETTE FELTON-SPELLER (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 12:11AM GMT
MY HUSBAND IS A SPELLER AND HIS GRANDFATHER WAS VIRGHAN BOND WHO PASSED IN 1998. HE TOO LIVED IN BERTIE. ANY RELATION

finding long lost relatives

Falicia Sawyer (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 7:56AM GMT
My grandfathers Name is James Bond, But his parents last name is Speller. They are from Windsor,NC. I just want to find relatives.

You have just found a relative!!

Carolyn B Watson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 9:29AM GMT
My great-grandmother was Amanda Speller and
my great-grandfather was Luke Bond. They lived in
Winsor, NC until they died. Great-grandmother had 25
children. Many has moved away now, but I as you are wanting
to find my family. There was a bible with all the
family names, I'm Just trying to find who has it.
The Speller's and the Bond's married often because they were the
largest families in Winsor in those days. Let's keep in touch and welcome back
to the clan.....

Bond Family in Windsor, Bertie Co., N.C.

Isabel Bly Bond (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 2:01PM GMT
My Fifth Great Grandfather was a Thomas Bond, who was born in Wiltshire, England in 1702, and died in 1767 in Bertie Co., N.C.
His son, James Bond,was born about 1750 in Bertie Co., N.C. his wife was Mary Williamson, Born about 1750 in Bertie Co., N.C., died about 1803 in Windsor, Bertie Co., N.C. Does this sound like your family?

This is good information

Carolyn B Watson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 5:17PM GMT
It sounds like your information is closely related to my family, but we are not able to search any further
than Luke Bond my great grandfather...My family that is all of them lived and died in Winsor, Bertie County NC
for as long as all of us can remember. I know that my great grandfather was a freed slave, and all his family before him was born into slavery
in NC. We know he worked for the Bond family. Can you offer anymore information? Hope to hear from you again.

Reply to Carolyn B. Watson

Isabel Bly Bond (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 6:18PM GMT
We have been searching for family members, and have located someone who has been searching the family history for the last 17 years, and has a lot of information. She mailed a lot of it to my daughter. There is a Luke Bond in the information. I can send it to you when I get the copies from her. If you want, contact me by e-mail at ibb39@AOL.com. I'll be galad to send you everything I have. Anxiously waiting to hear from you again. Isabel

Bond Slaves from Bertie Cnty, NC

Melva (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 12:41AM GMT
I have been researching my family history for 17 years. I am interested in your family as I believe my family was brought over to Brownsville, TN from Bertie Cnty, NC by the same Bond family that owned your family.

At this time the only slave name I have that was brought over was "Uncle Amos". I am attempting to begin searching slave records to obtain more information on the slave lineage. I will keep you in mind as I conduct this rearch.

thanks for keeping me in mind

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 7:41AM GMT
I don't know much about my family except they all seem to
come from or live in Winsor,NC...It is our belief that they were owned by a family called Bond.
When my grandmother was alive, she always told us to remember that her father Luke Bond, was a slave
and he was freed....I'm just starting out finding my lineage,
any help I would appreciate. Thanks

Thank you so much

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 7:44AM GMT
I will email you...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic