Search for content in message boards

George Coffee b. 1805

George Coffee b. 1805

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 4:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for my ancestor name George Coffee from Texas. Not sure where he was born but at some point they migrated to rosebud, Tx. Father of Boney Coffee.

Re: George Coffee b. 1805

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 8:14PM GMT
I have a George Coffee b. 1830 that was the son of Landon Coffee and I think he went to Texas from Maury County Tennessee, Could be a different George though. Would be helpful if you had even estimated dates.

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: Coffee
I have a George Coffee, son of Boney Coffee. I have Boney birth date about 1831, George's birth 1805. Boney was born in Kentucky so maybe George was born there too but I'm not sure.

Have you ever seen this video before about Peyton Colony?
http://video.klru.tv/video/1485146613/

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 2:36AM GMT
Thank you for responding. No I haven't! Going to look at it right now. George is indeed the son of Boney, however, Boney's father was also named George. There is about four generations of "Georges!" But the Patriarch, I'm told born in 1805 is the last one I can find, and not much about him. Thank you all for anything you may be able to add.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 2:37AM GMT
Can you also tell me how you may be related to the Coffees? My Grandmother was Naomi Coffee (Melton/Morgan). She die in 2007 at the age of 106.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 2:38AM GMT
Thank you for your response. The only date I have for him is 1805. I'm wondering if he may have been on any of the slave rolls. :( Not clear about how to access them.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 3:04AM GMT
Oh My Goodness! I am speechless. I've seen all these things on paper. I played on those grounds during my childhood! You have no idea what a gift you've given to me and my family. Is there anything else you know about? Thank you so very much! The man in the video had me sobbing. He is the spit image of my father who just passed in 2011. He sings exactly like him, walks like him, EVERYTHING! Okay, enough. Thank you so very much. That was his grandfather who founded the church.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 4:39PM GMT
My grandmother was Rachel Coffee, she was born and raised on Peyton Colony. Her father was George Coffee who they talk about in the video being proud of his signature. Awesome that he could read/write.

Rachel Coffee married George Huddleston (go figure another George) and they had a son name George Huddleston, who was my dad he died in 2006 in Los Angeles.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 5:23PM GMT
I'm just now finding out about my grandmother's family when I was a little girl and would visit her she never mentioned anything about her childhood. At the time she was living in Lampasas. I never knew that her family was involved in rodeos and their love for horses.

In 2010, I decided to take a trip to Texas to check out Peyton Colony with the hopes of meeting cousin Lawrence. I didn't meet Lawrence. I did get to go the cemetery and when I entered the cemetery I got a very eerie feeling and I told me mom something is strange about that cemetery. I have been to plenty of cemeteries and never felt that way before it was like I was being watched and I felt something "heavy" I really can't explain it.

Have you been to the cemetery? Something else caught my attention in that cemetery that it might have to do with why they are buried away from the family. All the Coffees are grouped together and all the City are grouped together but I noticed that Wesley City and Hattie Coffee are buried by the Upshaw families in the corner away from everyone. I would like to think it is because maybe when they died it was the only place to bury them until I started walking around the cemetery looking at death dates and notice that some of the Coffee/City died after Wesley/Hattie. I went into Georgetown, TX and was able to connect with some City relatives and when I started talking about the cemetery they started laughing cause I mentioned the Wesley/Hattie is buried on the other side of the cemetery and they stated that it is probably because of it was a family dispute about Wesley/Hattie getting married but they did not know all the details and they are hoping that I can find out what happened since I'm researching the family tree. Well so far, I have come up with nothing but I truly wished that I would have been told this before my dad died maybe he knew something about it. Do you know anything about this?

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 6:02PM GMT
I do not have a Naomi Coffee in my family tree. Who were here parents?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions