Search for content in message boards

WHITE-MISSOURI

WHITE-MISSOURI

Posted: 2 Jan 2002 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 1:57AM GMT
Need info on SARA JANE WHITE - b. Oct.27, 1849 in Washington County, Missouri. Parents name - brothers, sisters. She married Robert Adkins in Iron, Mo. St. Francis County on Dec. 25, 1868. She is my great grandmother.

Re: WHITE-MISSOURI

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 12:59AM GMT
Did your Cox family originate in St. Francis (Francois) County, Missouri also? If the Whites were there in the 1800s, they would have probably known my Cox ancestors who were farmers near Farmington in St. Francois too. Several of my direct line left there in the 1830s and came to southwest Arkansas. I have been tracking all the families of Missouri that came to southwest Arkansas at that time because so many are intermarried. There was a big White family who lived on the adjacent farm to my Coxes in Redland Township/ Hempstead Co.(later became Nevada Co.) AR. Do you see any connection?

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 4:35AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 1:57AM GMT
Have info on Cox from your area. White was Robert Adkins who married Sara Jane White daughter of Robert White and Nancy Cunningham. Cox was Benjamin Franklin who married Mattie (Martha) Ellen Adkins b. in Mo.They moved to Texas. Any connections.

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 7:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2003 2:51AM GMT
I'm afraid that the Cox-White info you provided is not clear to me. And you also did not give any dates or timeframe.

You wrote that you have info on a Cox from my area in Arkansas and then mention a Benjamin Franklin Cox who moved to Texas. Do you mean that this Benajmin originated in St. Francois County MO, moved to Hempstead / Nevada County AR, then to TX? Do you know if they lived in Redland Township in AR? Can you tell me where did they go in TX?

Also, did Sara Jane White (who married Robert Adkins) and her parents Robert and Nancy (Cunningham) White also live in MO, then southwest AR? Did they originate in TN? If so, where in TN?

I appreciate your providing additional clarification and details!! Thanks. Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic