Search for content in message boards

Southerland's of Orange, Durham, and Wake, NC

Southerland's of Orange, Durham, and Wake, NC

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Southerland
I am looking for more info on my southerland tree, can any one help? Also I can share what I have if you need the info! This is the info I have:
Mordecai Southerland (died 1818) & Susannah had the following kids as listed in Mordecai's Will:
Samuel*
Ransom
William
Frances Southerland Turner (m:William)
Susannah Southerland Glenn (M: Tyree)
Polly Southerland Glenn (M: Daivd)
Elizabeth Southerland Haliburton (M: Wiliam)

*Samuel Southerland (died Bef. 1850) Married Elizabeth Geer on 12-11-1796 they had the following kids:
Fendal (Mary Briggs)
Phillip*
Ava (John Tilley)
Orel/Orrill (Henry Morgan Fitts)
Diadma (Walter Alexander Chisenhall)
Orpah (Henderson May)

*Phillip Southerland (b:Nov 8 1821 Orange Co, Nc d:Oct 20 1904 Durham Co (formly Orange),Nc)
Phillip Married Lucy Bobbitt. I have info on all of their kids.

As of May 1764 Mordecai was in Orange co, NC I think that he came from VA.

As far as I can tell the family moved back and forth from Wake Co. and Durham Co. (was Orange) a lot they may have owned land in both places.

Re: Southerland's of Orange, Durham, and Wake, NC

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 11:01PM GMT
Yep, I can tell you more. Write me!

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 2:39PM GMT
Hello! just now read your post, I am writing a profile for Mordecai Southerland,it has been a long search for his parentage, and I do wish for documentation. Hopefully, you have the clues I am seeking.
Thanks for your input, and good luck in your research.

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Sutherland, Turner
Hi! I do believe I ran across these Sutherlands in Prince Edward Co VA prior to their move to what was then Wake/Orange Cos NC (somebody stuck Durham Co right in the middle!). These Sutherlands did really mix it up with my Turners, as in Frances "Fanny" Sutherland married William Turner Feb 1797 in Orange Co. Some years later, their daughter Mary (by then the widow of Tyree Pitman) married her cousin, Samuel Sutherland. I think the marriage was in Posey Co IN, but they lived in Henderson Co KY.

I looked through your other postings, and we may have another family or two to talk about. Please e-mail me directly at pj_sisseck@yahoo.com. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic