Search for content in message boards

Evergreen Branch LDS Church Valley Junction

Evergreen Branch LDS Church Valley Junction

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information concerning this church and the individuals instrumental in its developement. Frank and Ann Hackett, Daniel Rose, Thomas Loomis and many others. Any information would be welcome.

dharmapoet@wi.rr.com

Re: Evergreen Branch LDS Church Valley Junction

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: ROSE, LOOMIS, HARKINS, HACKETT
"According to the Valley Advocate, the first newspaper printed by Edward T. Hale at Valley Junction, there were two churches. One was, The Valley Junction, Monroe County, Wisconsin Branch, Northern District, Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1st called Evergreen Branch, organized 18 Feb. 1889 by Frank Hackett. Existing records show the church being in use through 1914. Family names belonging to the church were: Hancock, Wood, Shaw, Root, Sawley, Chapman, Allen, Pars, Nute, Coles, Streator, Kennedy, Closson, Shedd, Fuller, Ladder, Whitaker, Ellison, Shank, Prethrow, Locy, Dorn, Miller, Keys, Wapshall, Edwards, Lacy, Toothman, Thompson, Stebbins, Greenleaf, Loomis, Vanalstine, Wright, Clain, Kroll, Shanks, Windsor, Barry, Rose, Johnson, Waste, Long, Brockman, Luce, Brown, Green, Dezotell, Chatfield, berry, franks, Nance, Tucker, Post, Pittinger, Noyes, Halt, Muerman, Pearl, Pumuck, Groshoff, Vickery, Yelton, Barrick, Steele, Kaminski, Frederick, Bowen, Olson, Baker, Eddy, Blakeny, Scafe, Hemstock, Jermone, Knapp, Wells, Peters, Peterson, David, Hillyer, Mason, Rich, Tadder, Getman, Polske, Winnie, Kellicutt, Finn, Parce, Fox, Stone, Clain and Tafflae."
- From Monroe County, Wisconsin Pictorial History 1976, pages 162 - 163, Monroe County Bicentennial Committee

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 7:06PM GMT
Not sure if you will get this message but I am the grandaughter of Jerome AKA Jay and JB Loomis and grand neice of Thomas Loomis. The church you are talking about is the Reorginised Church Of LDS and I think any information you would want you could get from the World Church now the Community of Christ Church in Independence MO. The adress ishttp://www.CofChrist.org. I was able to get a lot of family church history from their archives.

William Rose (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2005 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Loomis, Harkins, Hubbard, Elmendorf
Audrey,
Since posting this message I have written to the RLDS in MO. and have photocopies the entire files of the Evergreen Church in Valley Junction. Thanks.
Bill Rose
Kenosha, WI.

Posted: 8 Apr 2010 4:38PM GMT
i am working on a history of the restoration in wisconsin and would love to hear from others interested in geneology and history of the restortion in this area.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Sawley, Streeter, Streator
I have recently learned that my GG Grandfather was baptized at this church on 24 Feb 1889 by Frank Hackett. I was wondering how I would find out any information on this? I also noticed other names that may interest me. Maybe you tell me where to begin on my search of these records. Thanks, Cheri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions